It's not you

Detachment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora never cried this much before. She was alone and had a tough life fending for herself but she never cried endlessly in one go. She looked intently at her luggages, ready to leave the house any moment but the truth of the matter is, she has nowhere to go. She managed to get up from the bed and eyed the mirror. Terrible was the first word that came in her thought to describe her current emotional state and it reflected immediately on her face. With eyes swollen and red from nonstop crying all night, messed hair, partnered with a drooping and sombre expression, she indeed looked dreadful. She wiped her tears and went straight to shower hoping it would cleanse away her grimness or at least decrease a portion of it.

******

Quarter past 10 P.M. Sora arrived from work and carefully entered the main door. It was not her intent to go home late however some admin works needed to be done and submitted the next morning hence the over time. It actually served more as her theraphy to take her mind off from depressing thoughts so staying at work is quite beneficial to her.

"You're late." A low voice was heard and its owner slowly emerged from the shadow.

For half a second, she held her breath for she was struck by Leeteuk's sudden appearance. It's been really busy at work the past days and she has not seen her husband for a while now. 

"I have been calling you but you never answered my calls." He followed up impatiently. His brows were drawn together in a frown. 

There is always something about his voice that quickens her pulse much so his presence. She missed him... a lot. But no, she won't give in too easily and refused to show her weakening defenses of pride.

"What do you care?" She muttered and could only hope that her pretentious display of bravery will go unnoticed.

He tilted his head and crossed his arms dissatisfied with her answer. He earnestly stared at his wife trying to understand the language but could not make a good guess of what she was trying to achieve.

Sora started to make her move and marched toward the stairs.

"Minah left the house. In case you'll look for her, she already went back home. By the way, she has a gift for you, it's placed on the desk." He informed plainly in a rather 'as a matter of fact' tone. 

*****

She still has no plans of buying his antics but it didn't help that Leeteuk has been extra nice to her in the corresponding days. He diligently goes home on time and sends her random messages everyday. It would be hard to deny it but she naturally softened for her husband again. She does not want to feel miserable hanging on to distressing matters anyway.

*****

"I will be home soon." was Leeteuk's last message 3 days ago. His mother has had sent him overseas again. Sora restrained herself from getting disappointed. Afterall, this is nothing new. The thought that her husband enjoys a good relationship with his mother should be more than enough to sweep away her ill feelings.

*****

Having lunch with her mother-in-law is the last thing she would choose at any given day but it is inevitable aside from the fact that she does not want to disrespect her outright.

"I hope you'd like my cooking. I asked my assistant to pack an extra for you so you would not need to cook till tomorrow." Mrs Park pleasantly told Sora. The latter thanked her consequently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter