Choiceless

Detachment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk has been coming home on time the past weeks and in constant communication with his wife regarding his plans for each day. Of course it did not go unnoticed. Sora appreciates the fact that her husband finds time to be more responsible nowadays. He may not have apologized directly but his gestures are more than enough for her to forgive him.

*****

Upon her arrival from work, Sora could smell the aroma of lasagna steps away from their main door.

"You came just in time. I reheated the food sent by mom!" Leeteuk proudly declared.

She listened how Leeteuk excitedly admitted that his mom never cooks for him. Last time she did was when he was in gradeschool.

"She wanted to come over and send the food herself but she's too busy. You know, mom really likes you a lot. Perhaps, if not for this marriage, she would not cook for me ever!" He grinned.

She shares the thrill that her husband is feeling right now but part of her heart feels sympathy for him too. Evidently, he longs for his mother and no amount of wealth in the world could possibly pay off the happiness of a simple food made by his mom.

*****

Recurring meet ups with his mother has led Leeteuk to occassionally take part in their family's business whenever his schedule permits. Sora received a call from him to inform her that his mother has had requested his assistance on an important business trip. Sora reckon that the continuous communication between Leeteuk and his mother rebuilt their relationship and though he has no interest in their family's business, he did agree to accommodate her. It is an opportunity that he won't let slip and although Sora sees less of him recently due to his busy schedules, she fully supports the idea.

*****

Sora stifled in surprise to see her mother in law and Minah chatting at their receiving area.

"Oh! my lovely daughter-in-law is here!" Mrs Park immediately stood and hugged Sora. 

She almost froze in confusion. It's mind-boggling to arrive at their own house and be greeted by her mother-in-law with none other than Leeteuk's violent ex-girlfriend. How they were able to barge in is a mystery to her but retrieved immediately the puzzling thought as she realized that Mrs Park need not to lift a finger to execute whatever she fancy. 

"Sora my dear I understand you have met Minah before in a rather unpleasant circumstance. Minah, come here darling." 

Minah immediately followed and smiled timidly. She looked like a submissive kitten willing to surrender anytime. Oddly, she was not like that when they first met. Her ferocity is what Sora remembers more.

"I hope we can let bygones be bygones. I want both of you to be cordial to each other from now on. We are family at the end of the day." Mrs Park sandwiched between Minah and Sora, caressed their backs and diplomatically urged a ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter