Subordination

Detachment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Marriage?!!" Heechul's voice resonated in the room, the veins on his pale neck were bulging so as his eyeballs that's almost ready to jump out from its sockets.

Leeteuk has been preparing himself few weeks after marrying Sora. He knows his mates will not favor his decision.

"Are you nuts?! You barely know her! Don't tell me you were evoked by her piteous orphan story? She is not really an orphan right? She's abandoned.. oh whatever! and how about our brotherhood? Your image is now doomed! How can you enjoy life with one woman? That's the most outrageous and stupid decision you ever did in your life Teuk! You'll eventually regret it!"

There were more harsh opinions on the side. It is not easy but he reckon, his friends deserve an explanation afterall.

"Boys, listen to me. Our brotherhood is an integral part of my life and it will never change but I have to give up some of the things we used to do now that I am married. I never thought I'd settle down one day but I did. I am happy when I am with Sora, I would be more greatful if I get all your support."

*****

It's like waking up from a dream. They met, he lived with him, he proposed, they had a simple wedding, had honeymoon in a very beautiful secluded island and now they are back home, officially husband and wife. Leeteuk has urged her to immediately change all her legal documents from I.Ds to passport, he wants her to carry his name soonest. It's the bestest feeling to know that someone cares for her and someone to cared for in return. It's still sureal to wake up on the days forward next to her husband. An unimaginable phenomenon as she puts it, at times she forgets that it could be classified as a whirlwind romance but what matters is the present and future. She hardly can't wait for what's more to come.

Leeteuk left a note asking her for a date tonight. She was still tittering with excitement when the door buzz startled her. A woman in her mid 50's is her unexpected guest. With her well styled hair in an updo, beige pair of blazer and pencil-cut skirt, she exudes sophistication and distinct regalness. The woman swiftly studied Sora's entirety from head to foot before giving an enigmatic, subtle smile, "Hi, I am Leeteuk's mother. May I come in?"

Sora was too stunned but let her in anyway.

Mrs. Park placed her expensive leather hand bag on the couch,  sat right next to it and scanned thoroughly the place. It's obvious she has not been there before. 

Sora put down the cold glass of sparkling water on the table then weighed whether to sit or remain standing,  she did the latter whilst hugging the tray she used to serve the beverage, "Uhh... Leeteuk will come home early evening, ma'am." The icy liquid reflected Mrs. Park's aura - cold and indifferent, she reckon.

Mrs. Park fixedly look at her for a good five seconds then stood up and grabbed her bag, "Its ok. I came here to meet you. Go change now, I will wait for you downstairs. Let's talk over lunch. I want to get to know you more." Though her voice is feathery and resonated thinly in the air, she sounded authoritative. It was more like an order rather than an invitation. Sora shrugged off the thoughts. It would be disrespectful to entertain such judgment against her in law whom she met for the first time.

*****

It's spring time but the atmosphere is so cold and effortlessly intense. Mrs. Park is seated across Sora, they quietly eat wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter