in danger

A Dare

"Solbin ah..."

"Mingyu-ssi," Solbin sniffled on the other line before she continued saying, "Please, help me..."

 

***

 

It had been a month or more than that since the dare happened and both Mingyu and Solbin started to befriend since then. It was the boy who started the relationship at the first place. He got the girl's number from Laboum's manager to contact her because he was tired waiting for Solbin contacting him first, since she got his number from the photo he gave, but the girl never did it so Mingyu decided to take a move. Their relationship went well after that. Both of them often caught up together on the corridor, stairway, or rooftop of music stations whenever they had overlap schedules. No one really cared about their closeness until...

"Why do you always be with that girl from Laboum?" asked Seungcheol to Mingyu, who was sitting and drinking water on a chair in the waiting room. They all had finished the rehearsal on M Count Down and waited for the show started in that room.

"Do you mean Solbin?" interrupted Seungkwan.

Seungcheol nodded. "You know, you two can make people misunderstand what you guys doing."

"You're not dating, aren't you?"

Hoshi's question made Mingyu choked on his water. He coughed and Seungkwan patted his back lightly to comfort him. "Why are you asking me that question?" Mingyu asked after the cough went down.

Hoshi shrugged. "Just asking," he replied nonchalantly.

"Are you dating her?" that time was Seungcheol's turn to ask him.

Mingyu shook his head. "I'm not and we're not," he replied steadily. "We're just friends and aren't allowed to be in relationship by our companies." There was something in his voice that made Seungcheol, Seungkwan and Hoshi look at him with concern.

"You like her," said Seungkwan with sparkling eyes to Mingyu.

"I'm not," said Mingyu with his face down to his shoes, trying hard to avoid Seungkwan's eyes.

Seungcheol chuckled to see Mingyu's reaction. "You really like her, you fool!" he exclaimed and Mingyu just huffed in response. "Does she like you too?"

"How could I know it?" Mingyu asked back to Seungcheol as he looked at the leader with frustration. Finally, he gave up to hide his true feeling. "I never tell her my feeling and ask her whether she likes me or not. I'm afraid it would affect to our friendship and she won't talk to me again. Plus, our companies ban us from dating, right?" Mingyu pouted that made the three boys who are standing in front of him chuckle.

"Aw, look at you!" Hoshi ruffled Mingyu's hair. "It's okay. You guys have just known each other for a while. Take it slow, man!"

"Does it mean you support me if I date her someday?" asked Mingyu in disbelief as he looked at Hoshi, Seungcheol and Seungkwan one by one.

Seungcheol nodded and followed by Hoshi and Seungkwan. "We'll support you to do anything you want as long as you're happy with it," he said. "But this issue is kind of sensitive and dangerous if someone, out of us, finds it out. It can affect to our fans and company. All you have to do is keep your relationship with her low. Don't show it off! As I said before, it can make people misunderstand you."

Mingyu got off from his chair then hugged Seungcheol tightly. "I will," he said. "Thank you for your understanding, hyung!"

 

***

 

"Have you put everything in your bag, Yulhee yah?" asked Yujeong when Laboum left the music station to their dorm after finishing their schedule there.

"Of course!" said Yulhee then she turned her face around. "Where's Solbin by the way? Why don't I see her?"

"She's already there," Haein pointed her index finger at their car where Solbin was spotted talking with someone. "She left earlier than us, remember?"

"Geez! Those lovebirds are in action again," Soyeon chuckled as they walked to the car. "I don't believe they're just friends like Solbin always says."

"Neither I," added ZN. When they arrived at their car, they greeted at Mingyu. "What're you doing?" asked ZN while nudging at Solbin's arm.

"Just talking," answered Solbin and then nodded by Mingyu.

"Talking to your lover?"

Soyeon's words made Solbin blushed madly and she narrowed her eyes at her bandmate annoyingly. "He's not, right, Mingyu-ssi?"

Mingyu just laughed at Solbin's question. "Hey, how many times should I tell you to drop that 'ssi' word when we're just be with each other?" said Mingyu, putting on another topic. "We're in the same age, right? Don't be too formal."

Solbin nodded in response. "I keep forgetting it, I guess," she shrugged.

"Mingyu yah!" Suddenly, they heard someone calling the boy. It was Dokyeom. The boy rushes to them then bowed politely before saying, "We were looking for you. Why didn't you tell us first when you left?" to Mingyu.

"Sorry, I forgot," said Mingyu as he grinned at Dokyeom.

"Come on! We'll be back to dorm soon," said Dokyeom as he pulled Mingyu's hand to follow him.

"Ah, wait!" Mingyu stopped Dokyeom. "I have to give something to Yulhee," he whispered to his band mate then the latter released his grip at Mingyu's hand. "Sol, can you ask Yulhee to meet me?" asked Mingyu to Solbin.

"Sure," replied Solbin then she called for Yulhee who was already in the car. Not long after that, she went back to Mingyu's place with Yulhee.

"Eh? Why do you take me here?" asked Yulhee with confusion. "Don't you want to have some alone time?"

"Nah, we just had it, right, Sol?" Mingyu said to Solbin and the girl just chuckled in response. "I want to give this to you," he said as he handed Yulhee a folded paper.

Yulhee took the paper and looked at it with confusion. "What is it?" she asked to Mingyu.

"You can say that it's a letter from one of your fans," Mingyu smiled widely.

"My fan?" Yulhee repeated then she chuckled after she saw Mingyu nodding. "If this is from you, Solbin will get jealous."

"Yah! Yulhee yah!" protested Solbin with a reddened face.

"That's not from me though," said Mingyu. "Well, I have to go now. It's fun to meet you," he looked at Yulhee then Solbin. His eyes stopped at the tanned girl for quite a while before he continued, "See you later, guys!". Then he went back to the waiting room with Dokyeom where his band mates were.

 

***

 

One day after the meeting...

Laboum's members were playing truth or dare after they finished doing dance practice and it was Solbin's turn to choose a truth or dare. The girl chose dare then she soon regretted to do so after she heard the dare.

"Oh my... That's too much for a dare!" exclaimed Solbin with disagree. "I don't want to do it." 

"But you said you'd do anything!" ZN reminded her. "You're not fun at all!"

"You can ask me to do anything but that one!"

"Oh, come on! It'd be fun though," begged Yulhee then she put her chin on Solbin's shoulder and looked at her sweetly. "Pleaseee~"

"No!"

"Well, since she doesn't want to do it, let's just change the dare," Yujeong decided that made Solbin sigh in relief and the rest of them shout in disappointment. "Haein ah, don't you have a good idea for the dare?"

Haein nodded. "And it's not hard to do," she said. "I dare you to buy each of us a box of chicken!"

"I like the dare!" exclaimed Soyeon in happiness.

"But it's expensive..." Solving pouted.

"Just choose which one you're going to do. The previous or the latest one!" said Haein.

Solbin then agreed to do the second dare since it was possible for her to do the other dare. The members cheered on her as she left the room to go to a chicken shop. Her cellphone was ringing when she was in the corridor of the company building. She took it out of her jacket pocket and pressed the answered button without really paying attention to the caller's ID. "Hello," greeted her in a flat tone.

"Hi, Sol! How're you?"

Solbin's face brightened after she heard that familiar voice that often called her lately. "I'm fine. How about you?"

"I'm fine too," answered the person on the other line. "What are you doing?"

"I'm about to go to a chicken shop," answered Solbin after she got out of the building. "Haein unnie gave me a dare to buy them all chicken," she whined.

"Aigoo... Poor our Solbin!" The person chuckled.

Solbin nodded. "And what are you doing now?" she asked back.

"Just having a rest after finishing the dance practice," the person answered. "Hey, how about I join you to buy the chicken?"

Solbin's eyes widened in surprise. "That'd be cool!" she exclaimed excitedly.

The person chuckles again after hearing the girl's reaction. "So, where are you now?"

"I'm at..." Solbin could not finish her words because someone abruptly palmed with a drugged handkerchief, which made her slowly lost her consciousness, and then dragged her to somewhere after rescuing Solbin's phone that was fallen on the ground.

 

***

 

"Sol? Hello? Sol!?" Mingyu shouted at his phone when suddenly Solbin's voice disappeared strangely. He also heare a big thud from the other line then the call ended abruptly. "What's going on?" he asked worriedly then he tried to call the girl again.

No answer.

"God! What's happened?!"

"What's wrong with you?" Woozi asked Mingyu as he looked at the younger one's worried face.

Mingyu shook his head. "It's just... I... The call..."

"Hey, slow down!" The8 said as he patted Mingyu's shoulder to calm down the tanned boy. "Tell us clearly."

Mingyu nodded. He took a deep breath and slowly let it out. "I was..."

Rrrr... Rrrr... Rrr...

Mingyu's cellphone vibrated in his hand that made him hang his sentence. He got an incoming call. It was from Solbin. Without wasting any time, Mingyu hurriedly pressed the answer button. "Hello?"

Woozi, The8 and the others who were in the same room with Mingyu looked at the tanned boy answering the call. It was so tensed at the moment that made everyone hard to breathe.

"I got to go!" suddenly Mingyu got up from the floor he was sitting and walked to the door.

"Hey, Gyu! You haven't told us..."

"Will be back soon!" Mingyu cut Jeonghan's words before he left the room. When he was in the corridor of Pledis building, Mingyu put his cellphone to his ear again. "Who are you exactly?" asked Mingyu to the caller.

"I'm your number one fan, oppa~" replied the person.

"How could you get Solbin's phone?" asked Mingyu again with confusion. "And where is she?"

"Why? Are you worried about her?" Instead of answering Mingyu's questions, the person kept on asking in a sulky tone. "Who is she for you?"

"She's my friend," replied Mingyu in a flat and cold tone.

"It doesn't sound like that. Is she your girlfriend?"

Mingyu palmed his face with frustration to hear the person stubborness. "That's not your business at all," he said. "Where is she now? Let me talk to her!"

The person on the other line laughed. "Why are you so rushed about? But... Okay, I'll let you talk to her. Wait~"

Mingyu heard that person said something to someone to talk to him then he heard a sniffle and sob. "Solbin ah..."

"Mingyu-ssi," Solbin sniffled on the other line before she continued saying, "Please, help me..."

Before Mingyu could say something to Solbin, suddenly the person's voice came up again. "Your girlfriend is in danger now," she said in a cold tone. "All you have to do is come to me or you won't see her ever again."

Mingyu's mind was blank that he could not think clearly at the moment. All he could think was how to save Solbin from his scary fan. So he agreed at the person's request. "Where are you now?"

 

***

 

Mingyu wasted no time after the caller told him about her place. He knew the place and it was not really far from his place. It was eight at night when Mingyu left Pledis building. He kept on running, running and running without caring about anything but Solbin. Fortunately, he wore a mask before going out so no one noticed him as an idol he was.

After the running, Mingyu finally arrived at a park he used to go with Solbin at their free times. It was quiet when he entered it. There was just a few people came to the park. Mingyu kept his eyes wide as he looked for the girl. The person said that she was at the park with Solbin, sitting on one of the benches. It was quite hard to find them since there were a lot of benches and the park itself was quite big.

Half an hour wandering around with worry, Mingyu's eyes finally stopped at a figure who looked like Solbin's, sitting in a bench with back facing him. He then hurried to the place and his eyes widened after he took a look at the person. "Solbin!"

The person lifted up her face to look at Mingyu. It was Solbin. She looked so tired with closed with a handkerchief and her hands and legs tied to the bench.

Mingyu hurriedly released all the ties from Solbin and once he finished, he pulled the girl into his arms and hugged her tight. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." he said as he burried his face on top of her head.

"No, it's not your fault," said Solbin in a weak and hoarse tone as she hugged Mingyu back. "I'm so sorry... You shouldn't have been here..."

"Of course I should be here," Mingyu pulled away as he looked at Solbin worriedly. Then he brought his hands to the girl's face and started to caress it. "Look at you! Oh, Sol, you're so pale..."

"But I'm fine, really."

"Where's she?" Mingyu asked then turned his face around. "Where's your kidnapper?"

Solbin was silent for a while. She could not describe what she was feeling at the moment, but she was sure she was happy with the presence of the boy in front of him. "I wasn't kidnapped."

Mingyu frowned at her. He, of course, did not buy it. "You were sure kidnapped by someone!" he said. "Someone called me and said you were in danger and you also asked me to help you, right?"

Solbin cracked a bitter smile then she nodded. "But... It was just... A joke..." she said without facing Mingyu since she was afraid if the boy would be very angry at her.

"What?!"

"Sorry, but I can..." Solbin's eyes widened when she was pulled again into Mingyu's arms, but the boy did not hug her that time. He kissed her on her lips. She had no idea when the boy took his mask off, but she could not process what was happening at the time either. She was too shock and just let Mingyu kiss her.

"I don't know what has exactly happened with you," said Mingyu after breaking the kiss without letting Solbin go of his arms, "You owe me an explanation of course, but I'm glad I still can see you again. You don't have any idea how worried I was."

Solbin looked at Mingyu who was also looking at her with sincerity and it made her feel guilty even more. "I'm so sorry..." she said then hugged the boy as she burried her face on his chest. "It won't happen if I didn't choose a dare when we played that game," she then started to explain. "My members dared me to make this kidnap-play and ask you to save me. I refused the idea because I didn't want to bother you for this unimportant stuff, but seemed like my members wouldn't let me go that easy. They changed the dare and asked me to buy them chicken. You remember that, right? During my way, they kidnapped me here and contacted you. They insisted me to play along and I had no choice. I'm so sorry..."

Mingyu was amused at her explanation then he let out a chuckle. "They're so mean."

Solbin nodded. "They are."

"Where are they now?" Mingyu asked after he pulled Solbin away to see her again.

"I don't know. They left me after ZN unnie called you," Solbin answered. "I was so scared when I was left alone and the thought you wouldn't come to help me just made it worst..."

"But now I'm here, right?" cut Mingyu as he looked at Solbin with a warm smile on his face.

Solbin nodded again. "And I'm so grateful you're here. Thank you. Sorry..."

Mingyu's smile went wider and he said, "I just realize something now." He paused for a while to see Solbin frown at him. "I think I like you more than a friend," he admitted.

Solbin gasped in surprise. She never thought it would be happening at the time. She was happy of course because she liked Mingyu too. "I like you too," she replied weakly with her reddened face.

"That's great!" Mingyu exclaimed happily then he leaned his face on Solbin's. He was shy to do so, but he coud not help to fight it back. "Can I say you're mine?" he asked with his lips ghosting over hers. "I'm now yours."

Solbin chuckled then she nodded. "I'm forever yours," she said then braved herself to kiss Mingyu on the lips. It was her first time to do so and she did not regret it as the boy kissed her back lovingly. Fortunately, no one was around so they should not have to worry what they were doing at the time.

 

***

 

A/N: aaarrrggghhh... What did I write?? I wanted it to be a lil angst and fluff but I think it's kinda messy heol... What to do?? T.T well, I decided to continue this story with diff storyline but with the same theme. It's like my other fic titled chocolate. This chap is dedicated for cupcakebearxx. I'm waiting for your fic as well hehe... Next chap will be about wonwoo and yulhee, and it's dedicated for rion_01. Sorry I cant write it now yet T.T thank you for reading my seventeen x laboum fics so far! Feel free to share what's on your mind about this fic :)