Final

In Bianco E Nero
Even tho Hara ran like her life depended on it, she didn't catch the girl. Instead, she ended up panting infront of the tall girl.

 

 

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" The tall girl who was talking to her soulmate awhile ago asked her.

 

 

"Y-yeah... wooh ~ M-may I ask... w-who was that... girl you were talking... to awhile ago?" Hara said trying to catch her breath in between words.

 

 

Sooyoung raised a brow at her.

 

 

Hara stood up straight. "She's my soulmate." She said confidently.

 

 

Sooyoung's eyes grew big and round. She then remembered Jessica telling her she kept seeing colors today. "Maldo andwae. So it's true... she has two soulmates?" She whispered under her breath. "Sorry? I didn't catch that." Hara asked. "O-oh. Nothing. That girl was Jessica Jung. I'm sorry you didn't catch her. She had to pick up the outfits and fabrics we need for tomorrow." Sooyoung explained.

 

 

Hara kept quiet for a whole minute. Formulating a plan inside her head.

 

 

"Kureomyeon, can you please give this to her?" She said while rummaging her back reaching for tickets.

 

 

She handed two Sooyoung the tickets for her art exhibit. "Please make sure she comes. You can come too if you want. Just please make her come." Hara pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

 

 

Sooyoung looked at the tickets carefully before taking them. "I can't promise she'll come, but I'll try to convince her."

 

 

Hara held Sooyoung's hands on hers. "Thank you so much!"

 

 

***

 

 

Hara went back straight to her studio after that.

 

 

"Dara! I found her! I found my soulmate!" Hara said while waving her sketchbook up in the air.

 

 

"Yeah right. Here comes the artist who screamed 'I-found-my-inspiration.'" Dara said as she flipped thru the pages of the exhibit's pamphlet, checking it for errors. She heard a slam on her table and looked up to see Hara smirking with her arms crossed on her chest.

 

 

Hara pointed out the drawing and Dara's eyed followed her fingers. "Heol! She's so pretty!" Dara exclaimed putting down the pamphlet. She flipped the pages of Hara's sketchbook. "This is so good! We have to add this in your exhibit!"

 

 

"I know right!" Hara walked away to get something from her desk and handed it to Dara. It was a camera. "That's why, you have to go to the park tomorrow night, while I finish painting this works on canvass."

 

 

"Excuse me?"

 

 

"You will take pictures of my soulmate, Jessica Jung while she's at her event. Candid shots are the best subjects for paintings." Hara said with a goofy smile plastered on her face.

 

 

"Why does it have to be me?!" Dara asked slightly shaking the camera.

 

 

"Cause you said I have to meet the qouta! And this is how we'll meet it!"

 

 

Dara sighed. "This is why they say, 'Be careful what you wish for, cause you just might get it..."

 

 

***

 

 

Today is the D-day for Jessica's event. She was tense from head to toe. A light tap on her shoulder made her slightly jump.

 

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Sooyoung chuckled. "Why are you so nervous tho? You'll only go up the stage after I finished modeling the clothes you made." She giggled.

 

 

"That's the point, Soo. What if they won't like my work?!" Jessica whined.

 

 

Sooyoung hugged her. "They'll love it. Trust me." She whispered rubbing Jessica's back to soothe her anxiety. After a minute when Jessica's tensed body calmed down she held the girls shoulder, "Say.. after this event can you go with me? I was invited to an art exhibit here in Seoul. Kyungho is busy, and I don't want to go alone. It'll be a waste if I don't go." Jessica smiled at her.

 

 

"Okay~"

 

 

***

 

 

Jessica entered the building with Sooyoung. She scanned the lobby and saw the art exhibit's pamphlets. "Goo(9) exhibit by Goo Hara." It says.

 

 

"Hey Sooyeon." Sooyoung called her out before she could even flip the page to see what paintings will this art exhibit is going to feature. Jessica walked towards Sooyoung.

 

 

"I have to come clean about something." Jessica raised her brow.

 

 

"Remember when you said you kept seeing colors, days before our event?..." Jessica's gears in her head began turning. "Y-yeah...? What about it?" "Don't get mad okay?" Sooyoung said with worry. All this beating around the bush is annoying the off of Jessica. "Argh. Jajjungna. Just tell me."

 

 

"Thisisyoursoulmate'sartexhibit" Sooyoung said swiftly.

 

 

"Excuse me? What?"

 

 

Sooyoung breathed in before answering, "I said, this is your soulmate's art exhibit."

 

 

"WHAT?!"

 

 

"I KNOW! I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away." Sooyoung replied guilty.

 

 

Jessica shrugged off Sooyoung's hands off of her shoulder. "THAT'S IT. I'M GOING HOME." "Sica~ please give it a chance!"

 

 

"SUNNY IS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE MY SOULMATE! NOBODY WILL EVER REPLACE HER!" she stated furiously.

 

 

"I-I know... just give this a chance please?" The girl with a long hair just sighed.

 

 

***

 

 

Hara was standing inside the building with her manager. Her nerves was everywhere as the people who came to her event paid their greetings to her.

 

 

"Relax"

 

 

"How to relax?! Any moment now, my soulmate will walk in from those double doors!" She said hysterically pointing towards the entrace.

 

 

"Chill will you? Everything will turn out well. Just like how this exhibit is booming." Dara tried to convince her.

 

 

Just then, the doors opened wide.

 

 

The muse of the art exhibit entered the room.

 

 

Everyone was looking at her whispering on how pretty she was that Hara missed a thing or two drawing her.

 

 

Hara knew it too. She couldn't copy her real well. A thing inside Hara broke. They were right. Her paintings couldn't compare to the real thing.

 

 

Hara shook those feelings away and ran to her side.

 

 

***

 

 

As Jessica walked in, she heard whispers how pretty she is compared to how she was in the paintings. Curiosity got the best of her and she looked around. Only to see her face all over the place.

 

 

The colors were bright. They were back in her life. But they were lacking. That's when Jessica realized who this Gu Hara is to her.

 

 

"Hi soulmate! Thanks for coming to my art exhibit!" Hara's cheerful voice broke her trance.

 

 

"You must be Goo Hara?" The latter just made a nod. "And you're my soulmate. Jessica Jung." She beamed at her.

 

 

Seeing this angelic face before her floods her with guilt. She's about to shatter this girl's dream...

 

 

"Can we talk somewhere private?" She asked looking around.

 

 

"Sure." Hara smiled, leading her at the balcony of the venue.

 

 

***

 

 

Two girls were standing side by side not so far from them, silently judging the situation. "This isn't going to go well." Sooyoung said biting her fingers. "I feel what you're trying to say." Dara sighed.

 

 

***

 

 

The cold breeze of Seoul blew as the two girls leaned their body at the balcony. "So, you think I'm your soulmate?"

 

 

"Are you not?"

 

 

Jessica gave her a sad smile. "Sorry. But I'm not your soulmate."

 

 

"H-how? I saw colors! You're definitely my soulmate!" The younger girl argued.

 

 

"Did I fill your whole world with colors?" Jessica said with that sad smile still plastered on her face.

 

 

Hara was lost for words. "N-no..." she said bowing her head. Jessica was right. She only saw colors whenever the girl was around.

 

 

Jessica hugged her and rubbed her back trying to comfort her. "You were right, I am your soulmate. But not all soulmates are meant to be together and fall in love. Some are just meant to be friends. That's what we are Hara-ssi. You'll find your one true mate too. One who'll color your whole world and make you feel them, not just see them."

 

 

Hara cried in her arms the whole night.

 

 

*** 1 yr after ***

 

 

Two girls ran inside Hara's 10th Seoul art exhibit excitedly to greet her.

 

 

"Hara-yaaaah~~!" Jessica squealed hooking her arms around the latter before kissing her cheeks. "Long time no see! Wahh~ your works are so pretty. I can actually feel Verona from your paintings."

 

 

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Clingy Sica." Sooyoung said shaking her head and Sica playfully glared at her. Hara laughed. "I don't mind~"

 

 

"Jeo Sarang babo." It was now Dara's turn to tease Hara. (She's blinded by love)

 

 

"Ah wae?! I love my bestfriend so much too you know~!" Jessica whined. Hara pats her head.

 

 

"Aigoo. Komawo unnie. You guys flew all the way from New York for this."

 

 

"We wouldn't want to miss this." Sooyoung said smiling from ear to ear.

 

 

They talked and talked, catching up with what they've been up to.

 

 

Suddenly, the exhibit bursted with colors to Hara. 'Was this it? Is this what Sica-unnie meant?'

 

 

As if Jessica and Hara have an invisible link, she sensed the younger girl's change of mood. She tugged Hara's dress lightly by the shoulders. "Is she here?"

 

 

Hara threw a hopeful glance at her then looked around the event. "I hope so..."

 

 

Her eyes scanned the whole area until one lady caught her eye. She was brighter than everything inside the room. "It's her. " she whispered. As if the lady could hear her, the lady turned their way with a surprised look all over her face.

 

 

All other three girls followed where Hara's eyes were. They saw a girl walking towards them. Hara began to walk forward too.

 

 

"So, it's you?" She asked smiling from ear to ear. The other girl smiled so brightly for her.

 

 

"Anyeonghaseyo. Hyomin imnida. Your soulmate." The girl said tucking her hair behind her ear before offering her hand.

 

 

-End-