Chapter 1

In Bianco E Nero
Jessica carried on with her usual routine for the past two years, which consists of dreading to get out of bed to get ready for work.

 

 

She made her way to her bathroom still half asleep, and faced sink while putting some toothpaste on her toothbrush.

 

 

When she looked up to see her reflection in the mirror she saw her eyes turned brown. She blinked twice and pinched her cheeks to make sure she was wide awake before checking again. "Maldo andwae..." she whispered in disbelief.

 

 

It's been two years since something around her stopped having colors.

 

 

*Flashback*

 

 

It was Jessica's first day at work. She had been assigned to be a secretary of a game console designer. And right now, she has been sitting for hours in a room which is owned by that girl. Her superior told her to wait, cause unfortunately her new boss was still stuck in a meeting.

 

 

The door clicked and clacking of heels were heard.

 

 

Jessica stood up and turned to face her new boss to offer a bow and greet her.

 

 

As soon as her eyes landed on the short girl in front of her everything around them shined in colors.

 

 

Jessica have heard of this before.

 

 

In their world, when you meet your soulmate, everything around you gains color. Jessica's heart did a backflip. No more living in black and white for her.

 

 

The girl in front of her gasp. A tint of blush was obvious on her cheeks now. Jessica couldn't help herself but smirk on that. She felt proud of herself for bringing colors in this girl's life as well.

 

 

"You." Was all her new boss could ever say.

 

 

***

 

 

It has been more than a month after that incident. Sunny never imagined that she would meet her soulmate at work. She have always envisioned it would happen on a beach while the sun was setting; then the colors would explode around her.

 

 

Yes. Meeting in an office room was nothing close to that. But Sunny couldn't care less. She have been seeing Jessica for almost a month now. And gahd. She'd never felt this happy before.

 

 

Everything around her felt so pretty and bright for her. Out of all the colors she had seen ever since she met her soulmate, Jessica's milky white skin, red thin lips and brown eyes where her most favorite colors of all. And she thinks she'll never get enough of those. Ever.

 

 

***

 

 

"I'll be gone in a week." Sunny stated while rubbing circles using her thumb on Jessica's hand that were intertwined with hers.

 

 

"That long?" Jessica whined, to which Sunny just replied with a nod. Jessica embraced her in a tight hug. She snuggled her face at the crook of Sunny's neck. She knew she's wasn't in the possition to demand. After all, her girlfriend was very supportive of her. She left her work at Sunny's company when she got an offer to study fashion in one of the most prestigious schools in Seoul.

 

 

"Don't worry." Sunny said kissing Jessica's cheek . "Busan is like- just a few hours a from Seoul. I'll see you in between schedules if I have to."

 

 

***

 

 

It has been two days since Sunny left for Busan. Jessica was sitting in class coloring a sketch of her own newly designed dress.

 

 

She was on the verge of adding yellow on the ruffles of the dress when the colors on her paper began to slowly fade away.

 

 

Jessica felt like she was punched in the gut. That horrible feeling inside of her started to grew as the colors around her started to fade away too.

 

 

The doors of their classroom opened harshly revealing a panting Sooyoung. Sunny's bestfriend. That sick feeling is eating Jessica bit by bit now. Sooyoung's face was draining out of colors too.

 

 

"Sunny got in a car accident..." As if that was all the world just needed to hear. Just as soon as those words escaped Sooyoung's mouth, the world that was once full of colors for her turned black and white again. Jessica knew. Sunny was gone.

 

 

*End of Flashbacks*