New Friends

Real love always wins

Here I was now, in front of my new home. The dorm looked quite normal from the outside, nothing luxurious, but not poor as well. I was afraid to go inside, what if the other traines actually don't like me? Another trainee will mean another opponent to them, right? My hands were shaking as I slowly walked to the door and used my new key, given from Mr. Hwan to open up the door. Here we go, Mina. 

As soon as I opened the door, there were four girls standing in front of me and gazing at me. I felt really uncomfortable, I was the new one, I was the stranger and I really hated it. What can I do now? I have to leave a good first image to make my future life more comfortable.. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm the new trainee Mina from Germany", I said and bowed respectfully. I waited a little while before lifting myself up. I was too afraid to look into their faces and see their reaction, so I shyly looked down and waited for them to say something. As the time passed by I felt my face becoming redder and redder and it felt like hours. Finally the girl in the middle came towards to me and I slowly dared to look to her. It took my breath away. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my entire life. Her eyes were chocolate brown and her hair was the same colour. She had a cute pony tail and really long hairs. Her eyelashes were so long, even without make-up. I felt completly overwhelmed. How am I supposed to train with someone as beautiful as her? I don't have any chance to debut, no way. 

"Welcome Mina, I'm Haerim, the leader of us five trainee girls. Omo, look how cute you are. We waited for you the whole day. Thanks to you we had finally a day off.", she winked. 

"Around us you don't have to be shy, we consider us as a family already and I'm sure you will fit in as our lovely newcome. How old are you?", Haerim asked. 

"Ehm... I'm 16 years old...", I said, still shy. 

"Omoo look there, we have a new Maknae. Ya, Yeongna she is in your age, seems like you finally have a friend here. I want you to take good care of Hina, okay?", Haerim spoke to the blonde girl behind her. 

"Nee, unni, don't worry. You tought us well. Hello Hina, I'm Yeongna. We are just a year appart so please speak comfortable with me. You and I will be roomates. I was so bored on my own, let's become good friends.". With those words she came to me and hugged me out of nowhere. I was shocked at first, but felt relieved to know that my fellow trainees seemed to be nice towards me. 

"Ya, Yeongna, let her go, you are scaring her. Not everyone is used to your weird habit. Let me introduce you to the other trainees as well, Mina.", Haerim said and took Yeongna away from me. I had to giggle at her expression once she let me go. 

"So, this is Yuna, she is our dancer. Don't be scared of her, she usually looks like she wants to kill somebody, but she is warm and kind. Yuna just looks that cold. And this is our rapper Mimi." 

"Annyeoghaseyo", both said at the same time. Yuna really seemed to be a cold person, but I wanted to believe Haerim and smiled friendly before bowing again respectfully. I learned about the korean culture, they must pay a lot attention to those things, so I really wanted to show them my best shining side. 

"Let's go Mina, I will show you our room", Yeongna said and took me away. I was kind of confused, not knowing whether it was okay to just leave without saying bye to the others or not. But since Yeongnas grip was strong I couldn't free myself and just gave the other an excusing glimpse before leaving. 

The room was really tiny, compared to my big room back in Germany, but it looked comfortable and cute. We had a double bed and a big window with an even bigger windowsill which was decorated with a few stuffed animals and a pinkish blanket. I could imagine myself sitting there and reading my beloved books. On the walls were some posters of Idols and I immediatly saw my personal bias group Got7 and felt home again since my walls were full of their posters as well. 

"What do you think of it? Since I was living here on my own I decorated it like my own taste... Of course we can change some things if you don't want to live like that...", my new roomate slowly said.

"I love it, don't worry. I already feel a lot more comfortable here. You have a really good taste... Yeongna... unni..", I said shyl. I didn't know how to adress here... I mean she is older then me, but what if she wants to keep her distance? 

"Omoo, how cute you are hehe. We are not far apart so you don't have to call me unni... but I would still like to have a dongsaeng here after being the youngest for such a long time".

"I'm really thankfull that you all are so welcoming me. I really was scared that I wouldn't fit in your expectations and show me the cold shoulder. Unni, please take good care of me in the future as well. I will give my best to keep up with you, I promise. But can I ehm.. just ask you something? Who does that Got7 poster belong to?", I asked.

"Oh, that's mine... You know, I like them really a lot, specially Mark Oppa. The others really make fun about it a lot whenever we see them.", she looked down and her face turned a bit red.

"Really? I like them too, I'm glad to see this poster here, I had the exact same one at home too.", I confessed. 

Yeongna just smiled widely at me as she realized she is not the only fangirl anymore. I was able to see her excitement all over her face. 

"Right now I am using the bed beneath, but if you don't want to sleep on top we can change".

"Oh no, it's fine, thank you." 

After smiling at me for a last time, Yeongna Unni leaved the room to give me some private space. I took off my clothes from my bag and put them into the wardrobe in the room. Then I took my own stuffed animals and decorated my bed to feel more home. On the bottom of my bag was my picture of my family and another one with Yuki and Bill. I immediatly started to miss them already, which reminded me that my phone was still turned off. Oh my god, I promised them to text them as soon as I land but I still didn't. They must be worried like hell. 

I my phone and I was right. I had more than 23 missed calls, from my Mom, Yuki and some of an unknown number. Yuki even sended me some messages on whatsapp and as I listened to her voice messages, I could hear her fear and how she slowly started to cry again. 

I called my mom first. 

"Mina?? Mina are you alright?", she asked with a shaking voice. 

"Mom, yes I'm fine no need to worry. I just arrived at my new house and meet the other trainees who are living with me. I'm sorry I forgot to turn on my phone again." 

"Mina do you even know how scared I was? I even called Yuki one hundred times just to hear her crying. Thanks God you are just fine and forgot about us." 

ohoh, here we go again. 

"Mom I didn't forgot about you. I'm truely sorry, I won't let this happen again. Everyone here is so nice to me. And my room is really cute too, I will show you some pictures later."

"I'm glad to hear that my love. I already miss you so much, How can I handle that from now on? Anyways, you surely want to call Yuki too, just go ahead and text me when you are going to sleep. Don't miss the good morning and good night messages, Mina. I know I can't text you because of your practice so just let me know that you are alive and you are alright by texting me daily, okay? I love you so much."

"I won't forget it Mom, thanks. How's about my Minho? Is he alright?", I asked.

"Yes, dear. But he is already sleeping." 

"Alright then I will message you later when I go to sleep, Mom. Take care of yourself and Minho." I said. 

After calling Yuki and calming her down from her worries, I finally was able to think about the unknown number. Who the hell could it be? Did Bill change his number again? And why do I feel so nervous now? 

I called the unknown number. 

"Mina? Are you alright?", a strange voice said. 

"Ehm, who are you? And why do you have my number?", I asked confused. 

"Are you kidding me? You already forgot about us here?". OH MY GOD why is everyone saying that? 

"It's me, Chris. I got your number secretly from Bill. I wanted to make sure you are safe in Korea now." 

Wait, what? Why the hell is he paying so much attention towards me nowadays? Like really, I'm across the ocean right now and NOW he kind of recognizes me? Sorry bro, but that's way too late. But I still couldn't do anything but feel a little bit happy about this new kind of attention. 

"I arrived safely at my new home, so yeah. No need to worry anymore", I said, not sure what to say actually. I never really talked to Chris... 

"I'm glad to hear that. So are you now living with other girls? Are they nice towards you? Do you feel alright with your decision to leave us?". I could hear a little pissed tone when he asked the last question. 

"That actually shouldn't be your buisness but yeah, everything is just perfect at the time." Well, that was harsher then I wanted it to sound like..Whatever..

"Yeah, it shouldn't be but unfortunatly it is. But you don't know anything, like always", Chris said. 

"I don't know your stupid problem Chris. We never really talked and beside the fact that you are Bills buddy we don't have anything to do with each other so why do you actually care about me and my life now that I am far away? You want me to find you some Idol girls to flirt with?", I asked ironicly. His behaviour was obviously pissing me off. Who does he think he is?! 

"I would prefer that new tarinee girl there but anyways it doesn't matter. Just make sure to let us know you are doing well from time to time. I don't want to bother you. You will surely have enough to do with your beloved male Idols out there.", he said. His voice sounded... hurt?

"Yeah, I will.. So I'm going to hang up. You can just say Bill that I'm fine, I don't want to spend time on the phone anymore.", I said and hang up without waiting for his answer and goodbyes. 

I took a few really deep breathes to calm down. This boy is getting on my nerves. What did I even found on him to have a little crush for so many years? He is an , for sure. 

 

After being done with everything I wasn't sure if I should stay in my room or go to the others who were in the little living room we had. I didn't want to interrupt them, but not going out would be unrespectful, wouldn't it? 

"Ah, Mina, are you finally done with everything? Did you call your parents already?", Haerim asked as I shyly entered the room. She showed me a place on the sofa right next to her to make me sit there. I thankfully smiled and took a seat. 

"Yes, I forgot to call them at the airport so everyone was a little worried but its fine now... Ehm... U- Unnie... can I possibly take some videos of the dorm? I mean .. I will take care so your faces won't be seen but ehm.. I promised my best friend to send her daily video messages so she won't feel lonely and she asked me to show my new dorm...", I shyly asked. How embarrasing is that?

"Ya, you little babo, this is your home now as well, so go ahead and do whatever you would like to. But don't show them my room, it's a bit dirty haha", she laughed at me. The others started to giggle as well and made jokes about her being the most diryt girl around. I thanked her and started my video message for Yuki, taking care so that no private belongings from my new friends will be seen. After finishing I sat down next to Haerim again and wasn't sure what to do now. 

"Girls, I know some of you are actually on a diet but I wasn't able to eat the whole day, so can we just make some food?", Yuna asked out of nowhere. I thanked her silently since I wasn't able to eat as well and I didn't want to go to the kitchen by myself and grab some food. 

"Yuna, you forgot that no one can cook. We actually have to eat some vegetables or ramyeon. But go ahead and make you some food. Mina, just follow her, you must be hungry as well. Don't be shy and just eat. There are a few nametags on some food, so everything without a name tag you can basically eat.", Haerim said. I could already feel that she was a good leader. 

"Thank you Unnie... ehm.. actually.. I can cook... a litlle... So if you want to I can see what I can cook with the things you have at home..". 

Everyone was so nice to me, I just wanted to give them something back. And since they said that no one really can cook, it's a good possibility for me to be helpful, isn't it? 

"Woooaah really?? You can cook? Thanks god we won't need to eat ordered food all the time anymore", Mimi smiled. 

"Yeah... but ehm... I don't know much korean dishes... I just... ehm.. can make german and turkish food if you want me to..". I should have practiced korean more, so I wouldn't feel that awkward talking to them. 

"Just go ahead and do whatever you want to. We would like to experience your hometowns food. But i warn you, if your good at cooking and it's delicious you will proberbly have to cook for Mimi the whole time. She just loves eating", Haerim said. I nooded and went to the kitchen with Yuna. 

"Do you want me to help you?", she shyly asked. It was the first time that she spoke to me and I realized that Haerim Unnie was right. Yuna Unnie seemed to be really cold, but the way she spoke to was just so ... shy and warm at the same time. I was a little afraid to say something wrong, so she would turn into the cold girl again, but instinctively i knew that we would be good friends if I try a little bit to come closer to her. 

"You don't have to Yuna Unnie... All of you were so nice and welcoming towards me today. I just want to show how thankful I am and give you something back. I know I'm not as good as you are in other things like dancing or singing so I would feel a lot better if I can at least do something to help you with other things." 

"You seem to be a really nice person, Mina. I like your attidue a lot. Okay then I will let you cook alone this time so you don't feel like a burden. But next time you have to teach me some things okay?", she smiled at me. I nooded and started cooking with the ingredients without name tags. I didn't want to use too much of them, since none of them were actually mine, so I decided to do some simple food to start with for today. Maybe I can go shopping some other ingredients one day and cook proberly. 

"The food is ready, should I bring it to the living room or do we eat at the kitchen?", I asked the other girls. Somehow, I already felt really home now, since I was cooking for them instead of asking them for a favour. 

They stood up and came to the kitchen as the answer. Thanks to god I already had prepared the table so we didn't need to wait any longer and started eating. I was kind of nervous, that they won't like my food, but they turned out to like it, which made me feel really happy. 

"Woaah, Mina, you are God's gift to us. Finally some real food and it tastes so good.", Yeongna said to me while showing me a thumbs up. The others nooded and we ate everything quietly. After finishing our meal I cleaned up the kitchen. Mimi and Yeongna wanted to help me but I said it was fine. But I ended up cleaning with Yeongna. "Maknaes have to help each other", she winked at me. I was thankful, because this entire day made me tired and I was actually too shy to ask them. We were done really quickly since we had a good teamwork already which made me again really happy. 

After cleaning up Haerim came to us and patted my head.

"You worked really hard today to show your sincerity of becoming a part of us. I really appreciate it a lot. I'm thankfull to have someone like you as the new trainee. Tomorrow will be your first official day to practice. So you should go and take rest, it will be really tough but don't give up and give your best like you did today", she said. 

"Yes Unnie, thank you", I said and smiled. 

"Mina, I see all of the girls here as my very own biological dongsaengs, including you already. And I take my job as the leader really serious. Since I see you as my sister, I want you to see me as your real older sister as well. So whenever you have any problems or whenever something, whatever it might be, is bothering you don't even hesitate for a minute and speak with me, okay? I will listen well to you and try to help you as much as possible. You aren't alone here. We are going through this together." 

I felt my eyes becoming wet while listening to her. I wasn't really able to speak which Haerim notices and so I just nodded thankfully at her words and bowed respectfully in front of her. She again patted my head and send me to my room to sleep. Yeongna was already in her bed looking at some stuff on her phone. 

"Since you had a tough today I will let you sleep now Mina. But starting from tomorrow on we will have our very own sleep over party every day and talk a lot while falling a sleep, deal?", she brightly smiled. 

"Thank you Unnie. Deal.", I said smiling as bright as her. I couldn't do anything but feeling happy right now. For the very first time in my entire life I had the feeling to fit in, to be a part of something. And the last thing I was able to remember before falling a sleep was, that I hoped that this will last forever and always. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry guys, I wasn't able to upload regulary like I wanted to, so today i made a really long chapter compared to the other ones. I hope you guys enjoy it and aren't upset that no Idol was in this yet... I would really appreciate if you could maybe leave some comments about what I can do better next time because I'm really not sure whether or not this is good so far.... If anyone is reading this story, I want to thank you for taking time for it. 

If you have any request, I will make sure to put it in to this story, so please leave me some opinions ^-^

See you next time ♥♥