Final

Different Facades
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first time she saw her was when she first stepped into a what seems like a baking room in the school compound - stoves, refrigerator, oven, tables.

 

What attracted her was the delicious aroma of her favourite food - bread. It smells like her hometown traditional bread that she hadn't eaten in years if its not to pursue her dream in the foreign country. 

 

There, she saw the famous Jung Chaeyeon. She was wearing a red strawberry apron over her white uniform as her brows meet each other, eyes that screams nothing but disappointment and lips that pouts like little ducklings Pinky used to watch in cartoons. 

 

She had noticed the pretty and soft features of the baking girl and thought that the girl was really pretty.

 

"Ah... its burnt." 

 

Chaeyeon faced-palmed with the baking glove on and groaned. It had been her tenth failure and it isnt helping that her mid-year are just around the corner. If she still doesnt get the right temperature, she probably should just forget about opening a bakery.

 

Taking off the gloves, she then diverted her attention to the door when she realised Pinky was standing there. 

 

"Who are you?" 

 

Pinky flinched at the cold and but soft tone of the other girl. She gulped and flashed an awkward smile before stepping into the room with a piece of paper cutched on her hand. 

 

"I'm a freshman. I'm sorry for peeping, i was just attracted by the aroma.." Pinky bowed poitely while Chaeyeon shrugged. The younger caught the black nametage on the girl's yellow suit on the table. 

 

"Uhrmm.. Ch-Chaeyeon sunbaenim? Do you know who is Kim Sejeong sunbaenim?" Pinky questioned carefully, not wanting to press the wrong button. 

 

However, it seems like she did. 

 

"Kim Sejeong?" Her eyes were squinted in disgust. Anyone would know that they are in bad terms. 

 

Pinky gulped and nodded, "Y-Yes... If you're kind enough, can you please tell me where she is? I looked everywhere but i couldnt find her."

 

She has to find the school's president to pass her the sign up form before the school ends which was going to be closed by fifteen mintues.

 

"How would i know where that two-faced woman is. She's probably fooling around somewhere." Chaeyeon rolled her eyes, and glared at the innocent freshman.

 

"Get out of here." 

 

Normally others would probably be offended, scoff in disbelieve at the rudeness of the girl and storm out of the place. However, for someone who is still unfirmilar with the place and country, the timid Pinky could only nod and bow once more before running out of the place. 

 

She's scary.

 

 

 

 

 

The second time she had encounter the scary senior was when she's having lunch with her new friend- Sejeong and out of the blue, Chaeyeon appeared and pulled her away roughly by her wrist.

 

She's not only scary but violent too.

 

"It hurts..." Pinky whimpered softly as was pulled by the older one out of the cafeteria. 

 

Once they were out, Chaeyeon let go of her hand and glared at her as if Pinky had offended her but softened when she saw the younger's pained expression. 

 

"W-What's wrong sunbae?" Pinky looked at the older warily and avioded eyecontact.

 

Chaeyeon blinked and hestitated.

 

"Yah! D-Did you took my bread?!" Pinky frowned at the accusation and slowly shook her head.

 

"I'm sure i didnt." 

 

The older blinked repeatedly and fumbled with her tie. Clearing she sai, "Fine. I'm going." 

 

Then she just strolled away as if nothing happen, leaving the foreigner dumbfounded 

 

She's weird. 

 

Pinky mentally noted that she should aviod Chaeyeon before she gets accused again and get into trouble. 

 

 

 

 

The third encounter was finally the last chance Pinky would allow. 

 

"The highest scorer goes too... Our new transferred student! Zhou Jieqiong!" 

 

The class clapped as Pinky went forward to retrieve her maths paper back and bowed before heading back to her seat.

 

Everything was going smoothly and good for Pinky when suddenly someone stood by the door and knocked. 

 

All of the students glanced towards the door and shierked at the appearance of the school's sweetheart- Jung Chaeyeon. In the midst of the commotion, there was Pinky fumbling with the ink pen in her hand as she bit on her bottom lips nervously. 

 

Why do i have a bad feeling from this.

 

"Good afternoon, Mr.Park. I have something to report to you." Chaeyeon smiled poitely and that was the first time Pinky had seen her smile. 

 

She admit it was pretty refreshing and cute but nonetheless, Chaeyeon is someone she should aviod. 

 

"Oh what is it, Ms Jung?" Mr Park questioned as he hushed the class to quiet down. 

 

Chaeyeon directed her attention to Pinky and smirked smugly, "I'm here to take Ms Zhou Jieqiong for questioning with Mr Oh."

 

Everyone gasped, and suddenly Pinky became the center of atteraction. Why was the new transfer student being questioned by the prinicple? 

 

"Me?" Pinky stood up and pointed to herself. 

 

"Yes, you." Chaeyeon went in and took Pinky by her wrist like the other time just that this time round was more gentle.

 

"She might or might not have cheated during the mid-year examinations." 

 

The whole class widen their eyes at the unexpected news while Pinky clenched her fist and looked at the other girl in anger. She flung her wrist away from the grip and exclaimed, "What are you talking about? I didnt cheat!"

 

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes and folded her arms, "No one will know till we start investigating it." 

 

A flicker of amusement flashed passed Chaeyeon's face as Pinky's face became crimson in colour, her breathe uneven and her eyes were at the brim of tears.

 

"Please take her." Pinky was further enraged by the disappointed voice of her teacher. 

 

"Saem! Don't tell me you believe what this girl sai-" Pinky screamed but was cupped by Chaeyeon who rolled her eyes and dragged her out despite the younger protesting.

 

However, they were not heading towards the prinicple office. Instead, Pinky found herself in the same place she had first saw the senior. 

 

"What is this." Pinky frowned as Chaeyeon let go of her hand and went towards the stove where a golden-brown newly baked bread was seen placed on a sliver tray. 

 

"Try this." Chaeyeon placed the bread at the entrance of the younger's mouth. 

 

Pinky glared and took a step back, "What the hell are you doing? Didnt you say i have to be questioned by the principle for doing something that i certainly didnt do?" 

 

The older chunckled and placed the tray back to the table with mischievous glints in her doe-eyes.

 

"I was just bored and fooling around."

 

Chaeyeon was waiting for the younger one to scream her lungs out and get angry at her or be like her normal self, look her at timidly and cutely and be afraid of her.

 

However, she had never expected  a sting on her left cheek and a crying Pinky infront of her. 

 

"I HATE YOU."

 

Before Chaeyeon could even process what was going on, Pinky was already nowhere to be found.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With her heads held low, she stared at the ground as she roamed around the cafeteria with her tray of food in her pink hands. She glanced slightly to the usual hangout place where she eats with Sejeong. But the other girl being the school president, was obviously avioding her after she was being falsely accused of cheating.

 

She then noticed all the judgemental looks she had rec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter