Inkigayo

Beauty Before Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the day of Beast’s comeback.  Hyunseung wished DooJoon good luck and hoped for the best with the band’s new songs but he didn’t respond back.  He shrugged it off thinking that this was typical of Beast.  He was no longer a member so there was no real reason for the leader of the band to really respond. 

He glanced at his phone and noticed a missed phone call from Hyuna. Hyunseung looked at the sheet music, the notes and lyrics he had arranged with her.  Everything surrounding him reminded him of Hyuna. 

Jang Hyunseung tapped the microphone in the studio testing the sound.  

“Let’s take it from the top for the recording,” said Producer Rado, the heavyweight who worked with him on the Chemistry EP.   

The guitar player strummed the chords and Hyunseung sang the famous lines to the song acoustically:  “Secret lover, only lover to call my own.  I know you own it and you’ve grown.  You’re the one I love, secret lover. . . ”

As he sang, the producer mixed the song on the control panel.  He then informed Hyunseung that the promotions would start tomorrow and that he would play Inkigayo next Sunday.

It was soon, but he was prepared. 

“I have the feeling that this song is going to propel you internationally.  It has the right elements-- heartfelt and soulful.  Who is the inspiration?”

“My heart,” Hyunseung replied. He reminisced about the time that Hyuna placed her ear to listen to his heartbeat to make sure he was alive.

“CEO Hong informed me that you are filming a new video in Las Vegas in a month.” 

Hyunseung nodded.  At least, CEO Hong recognized his talent and invested in it and he was thankful for that.  He was more hopeful about his career despite the heartache after the break-up. 

The recording producer’s phone rang and he picked it up on a video application. 

“Yobeseyo.”

“PD . . . It’s me, Jun Joon Kun, Hyuna's manager.  Junghyung and Hyuna’s duet debuted today on M-Net and the feedback isn’t the best from the netizens.    Musically, Junghyung sounds fine and so does Hyuna.  I don’t think we need to re-mix the set but he’s been insisting.  There is one big problem-- Junghyung + Daebak = Junghyungbak.   He wants to record his rap again with more lines.”

“Does Shinsadong Tiger know about this?  He’s altering the arrangement.”

Hyunseung appeared behind him on screen as he took off his headphones. 

“Boh!” said Jun Joon Kun.

PD Rado gestured for him to cut it off.

“Chae-song-hap-ni-da”

“PD, it doesn’t bother me,” interrupted Hyunseung. “I will need to work my best.  That is all.”

  

As any other Sunday, Inkigayo was held at the SBS Open Hall.   Hyunseung arrive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter