Chapter one: The ending

Monster

“Balie? What are you looking at?” Her best friend asked, as she tried to follow Balie’s eyes. The girl was in some kind of shock, staring at something without taking her eyes away from just one second. –Is she even breathing?- Arabella thought before getting her reply.
“Look over there, there are some new kids-”
“-I don’t think they are just kids Balie… they are probably gods” If there’s something you have to know about Arabella, is that she always had this kind of dark humour and whenever she saw a cute guy she wouldn’t stop talking about him, until the topic grew old. Balie in the other hand would stay quiet and think about it as Arabella said it out loud. It was a special bond, something only soulmates would have. They shared everything, they were more than best friends, and there was something mystical in them, something out of the world. That’s what Balie and Arabella were, deeply connected by something out of human’s control. They were different from the majority, and that meant being cautious, being in constant danger.
“Do you think they come… from the other world?” Balie asked, rubbing her eyes to see the three mysterious boys standing by the classroom door better.
“How else would you explain that thing that makes you feel attracted to them in just one second? We aren’t the only ones looking at them…”

It was true, something about them said “danger”; they were dark, very dark. They were definitely not from Earth, but no one seemed to notice that. Normally no one ever saw things as they were, after all humans weren’t exactly humans anymore. Many abilities were lost while the world changed, and one of them was intuition; what was the point of having it when things were supposed ‘to be as the people above said’, everything was supposed to be clear, transparent, no lies, no conspiracies. But of course it wasn’t, and that’s exactly why those boys were in our planet.

 

Do you think they will notice?” The tall and blonde haired boy asked.
“Are you serious? You know they lost it, well they lost many things. We could create a whirlpool in the classroom and they wouldn’t notice” The tallest one whispered before going in.
“Nevertheless, don’t do it. We don’t want to be targeted, you know what we came to do, and no one can get involved, Sehun.” The short one spoke, Balie wasn’t sure what they were talking about, but something told her it wasn’t a joke about girls. After all she had it; she could feel something was off. And the feeling got stronger when her eyes locked with the tallest boy, dilating her pupils; the grey in her eyes was barely visible. She didn’t know then it was going to change her life, she didn’t know how to describe the feeling those dark eyes gave her. But it was obvious he did something and not just goosebumps.