Part 3

Mysterious Lake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Im Yoona was gone for 3, maybe 4 hours. She went to the airport and waited sitting and playing on her phone. The girl had a tight schedule because of her job, but since she rushed a bit and woke up later then planned, she had to run in there without checking her belongings. Unfortunately, Yoona forgot the most important thing that you need while traveling — her passport.

 

Cursing under her breath and trying to stay calm, she bought a ticket for later flight and rush back to the apartment. That is the reasonable thing she thought of doing. Yes, her first option — calling Jessica and asking her to get to the airport as soon as possible, but for some reason that girl’s phone was turn off, and Yoona had to try a different thing.

 

She get back after about an hour shouting “I’m back. Just for a couple of minutes. Don’t mind me!”, assuming that Jessica might be sleeping, since the girl looked tired when she left. What surprised her though was the reality that Jessica wasn’t even there at all.

 

The apartment was empty.

 

Most importantly, there was a note left on the table:

 

 

Hey, Yoong!

I think I’ll get back home sooner than you do. At least I hope so. But you know… just in case. (BUT I DON’T THAT THIS NOTE WILL BE USEFUL BECAUSE I DO PLAN TO GET BACK EARLIER)…still… just in case, know that I went back to the lake. Just for the weekend. I hope you won’t panic. I just need to visit that place one more time and organize my thoughts… maybe remember something from the past? I’m still not sure what I’ll find there, but after a lot of conversations with my therapist… well she didn’t suggest me going back there… but I think she implied it. So I’m going… once again, I hope to get back sooner than you, so I can throw this note away. I know you wouldn’t like this idea or you would go with me…or something… so yeah… sorry(?). If you get back sooner than I did: I hope you had a nice trip and see you soon! Don’t wait up!

Jessica

 

 

Yoona read the note for three, maybe even four times and instantly panicked. She wasn’t sure what to think about the situation and about the idea that Jessica suddenly had.

 

Yoona haven’t forgetten how once, about a year ago, the girl also had thoughts like that but changed her mind. Even back then she already panicked because of her best friend, since she didn’t think that going back to the lake is actually a good idea…

 

Jessica forgot everything for a reason… you wouldn’t just block certain events from your mind when they are pleasant. You only block things when it hurts too much and you can’t handle those feelings.

 

Yoona considered everything only for a couple of seconds and decided to call the therapist first. She was unsure when exactly her friend left, but she needed to know what her therapist thought about the matter and if it is really a good idea to just go there and face her demons…

 

…especially alone.

 

Yoona had to wait for a couple of minutes but Jessica’s therapist finally pick up the phone, slightly confused, but knowing the number, since she had few conversations with Yoona before. All of them were short and involved the case of Jessica Jung, but still the therapist saved her patient’s best friend phone number.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello, doctor… I have a question… well… I’m a bit worried… it is about Jessica…am… Jessica Jung… your patient”.

 

“Mmm… yes, she visited me yesterday. What’s the matter?”

 

“Well…she left a note… I will go straight to the point… she went back to the lake. I’m not sure when she left exactly, since I actually planned my trip and shouldn’t be home at all, but I forgot my passport and had to get back…wait…that’s not the point. The point is that I found a note where she states that she decided to go back to the lake and face her demons… in that note she also mentioned that you implied that is a good idea…”

 

“What do you mean…I…implied?”

 

“That’s how the note goes. I’m not sure what she means by it… but you know… Jessica might as well assumed things… especially if she made the decision to go back there… I’m…really…worried…”

 

Yoona confessed unsure what to do anymore. Leave her friend alone back at that place and go on her work trip, or try to solve this issue and follow her…

 

Hell, Yoona didn’t even know all the things that happened there in the past, but it always made her worried… also, that ‘something’ that happened in the past left Jessica broken.

 

B-R-O-K-E-N W-I-T-H-O-U-T-H R-E-P-E-A-R…

 

…or so she assumed after so many years.

 

The therapist sigh and Yoona assumed that it might not be a good thing… the tone of her voice just confirmed that this girl is worrying for a reason.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter