Part 2

Mysterious Lake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Next morning, or at least I’m pretty sure that it is the second day, I woke up earlier than I ever did back at home. I can’t check the clock and confirm it, but I have a feeling that it is just the beginning of the day. Maybe 4AM or 5AM. The reason for my waking up so early is probably that girl and smile that I can’t forget.

 

 

We spend almost all day together. Talking a bit or just staring at the lake ahead. I think Taeyeon was the first person that I felt so comfortable with, we didn’t need words, just another person's presence was more than enough. It scared me a bit that after a couple of hours, it felt like I really knew someone from the inside and out.

 

 

The way Taeyeon smiled, how her eyes lingered on me, how she started the conversation, or how sometimes she took silence breaks and just stared into my face and eyes, letting me know that she feels the same. She hasn’t actually voice it out loud. No. Neither of us said:

 

 

“I think I know you”.

 

 

“I feel really comfortable with you”.

 

 

“I want to spend as much time with you as possible”.

 

 

No.

 

 

We didn’t say these phrases out loud, but it felt like I still can hear them in my mind, and most importantly, in my heart.

 

 

I don’t know how or why I had no doubt that this younger felt just the same way. It was a different kind of comfortableness. We didn’t talk about our life outside this place, about our parents or friends, our school that we went to when we were teenagers or work that we attended now.

 

 

Actually, it was the last thing on both of our minds. You might start wandering what else to talk about with a stranger and that we can’t just talk about the weather and feel so comfortable, but I can’t explain this either. All I can say, we did cover our hobbies, our passions, our dreams.

 

 

We also realized that we share the same admiration for this place, the woods, the lake — everything that surrounded us.

 

 

It was unexplainable, but so addictive. Even when we stopped whatever conversations we had, I could still remember Taeyeon's smile. I have a feeling that I even dreamt about her.

 

 

About us. 

 

 

Here.

 

 

Also, I had no doubt that I want to see her as soon as possible. That’s why sleep was the last thing on my mind and I woke up so early. I left the cottage I was staying at, then walked out deciding to admire the daybreak. After going outside I practically bumped into Taeyeon that just stopped in front of my home and looked at me a bit surprised and taken back, I knew that she couldn’t sleep either.

 

 

It was the confirmation I needed, to realize that just like me, Taeyeon just couldn’t stop thinking about me. Whatever that meant.

 

 

 


We spend all day running around the woods. Taeyeon or Taengoo, that’s how she insisted I should call her, didn’t lie when she told that she knew every corner of the woods. I don’t know how she had the time and patience to walk around, but she obviously did that before I came and now wanted to bring me to all of her favorite places.

 

 

“I know we don’t have too much time. You’re leaving soon, right? But I will show you as much as I can. Would you like to join me tomorrow too?” she questioned hopeful and I knew there is no way I could say no to her.

 

 

I knew that I’m starting to lose myself. I couldn’t count the time anymore. Did I get here today? yesterday? the day before? last week? Honestly, I didn’t care that much. I should have panicked… the outside world waited for me. 

 

 

My work. 

 

 

My home. 

 

 

My friends (yes, only one friend, but it still counts). 

 

 

But I felt no fear. I didn’t fear the woods that at first looked so scary. At this point, I couldn’t wait until Taeyeon will show me a different secret hiding place that she discovered. I felt like a teenager sneaking out of my home and running around with a friend.

 

 

Except that… Taeyeon was not a friend. It felt like so much more. 

 

 

Unreasonably at it sounds, it felt like love.

 

 

I loved her eyes, they way she smiled.

 

 

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter