_ This Could End

Only Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It is funny how people are always surprised when things end. They would ask why the end came so suddenly. But the true is, everything in life is slowly running towards a closure.

Irene could feel it in her bones on the way to the hospital. That giant door between heaven and hell. 

She lost her balance, fell back into the darkness and the door began to close in despite her effort to protest. Dizziness swept through her like waves. Her phone kept ringing with calls from the manager and tons of important people from the company. 

The first thing she did after hearing about the news was looking at Seulgi across the table with nothing but tears in her eyes. Seulgi knew right away what she wanted, picked up the phone to book a taxi and started gathering coats and caps and masks. Irene called Bogum’s manager and cried even harder when it took 40 seconds for him to answer her call. 

“Irene-ssi, I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to come here right now.”

“I don’t care. Which hospital is it?”

“Trust me, you don’t want to be here. The building is flocked with reporters and…”

“PLEASE give me the name of the hospital, please…”

Seulgi carefully took away the phone and Irene screamed and cried like a mad person. The other members stood around with pain on their face, trying to help her get dressed and wiping the tears away. The manager and Seulgi talked for a few more minutes before the taxi arrived. Irene and Seulgi hurriedly walked out and entered the vehicle in their disguises and gave the driver the destination. 

 

It was a painfully long ride. Seulgi held Irene’s hand tightly to keep her from shaking violently. The taxi driver couldn’t help throwing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter