_ Kiss Me Softly

Only Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everything was built to fall apart the day Dispatch released pictures of them kissing, quite passionately.

Irene and Bogum had been dating for 5 months. It was the very first time since they started seeing each other that both of them had a weekend off at the same time. It was simply him texting to ask if she would like to go on a short trip, just the two of them. And she simply replied with much fondness and excitement, “Yes, of course, I would love to”. They both lied to their company that they were invited to stay with a close relative and would like some much needed rest, so no phone call or anything. With the help of Wendy and Seulgi, she successfully managed to sneak out very early in the morning when Bogum drove by her dorm to pick her up at 5 AM. A close hyung of his had a house with a farm in a little town whose name she never heard of before. Somehow Bogum got a chance to stay at the place for a weekend and he immediately thought about taking Irene. In the car, he constantly reminded her that there would be an old couple living at the farm as caretakers, that it would not be just him and her alone in the house. She giggled at how concerned he was that she might feel nervous about this trip. The truth was, she was beyond excited and could not sleep for days, just thinking about spending some quality time with this handsome and lovely human being. She told him not to worry about anything, and thanked him for being such a gentleman, a really cute one as well.

Irene had fell asleep for almost 4 hours when they arrived. The house was utterly beautiful with its yellow walls and turquoise windows. The huge farm was filled with cows and sheep. She could hear birds chirping so clearly and the air was fresh with a sweet floral scent. Bogum smiled widely when he saw the look on her face. She held his hands and squeezed gently, to let him feel the happiness buzzing on every single tip of her fingers.

The caretakers of the house, Mr. & Mrs. Choi, were a couple in their late 60s. They had been living and working there for 15 years. The thing Irene loved about them was that not only they were very enthusiastic and kind, they were also totally oblivious about who Bogum and she were. Mr. Choi even scolded Bogum when he struggled to open the door of their room, and Irene tried not to laugh but failed miserably. After a lovely homemade lunch, Mrs. Choi showed them around the farm, let Irene feed the sheep and even asked her whether she would like to try milking one of the cows. She was quite taken back at first but Bogum joined in and said he would love to help, she then felt eager to say yes. The afternoon went by with them smiling too much, and her falling even more in love with Bogum. It was still surreal sometimes to acknowledge the fact that he was here, taking care of her and always putting her first. Every time she looked into his eyes when he smiled, she felt home, not those cliche fluttering butterflies, but just pure and simple, home.

In the evening, Mr. & Mrs. Choi taught them how to cook the best bulgogi soup to eat with glass noodle. Irene got many compliments from Mrs. Choi for her cooking skills, while Bogum just stood there watching scarily because whenever he touched something, a complete mess was about to happen. All four of them had dinner together, despite Mr. Choi insisting that they would eat in their room. The soup that she helped making turned out to be quite a phenomenal success. The air was cool with all the windows opened. Deep down inside, she strangely felt the warmest kind of warmth. While

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter