Part 2

Dazed and Confused

The next day went by in a haze. You hardly remember anything but finding your boss and asking him what the deal was with your new contract with YG. Not surprisingly, he knew more about the details then you were able to derive from YG. For starters, YG entertainment came first, whatever projects you were working on would be put on back burner until your jobs at YG entertainment were completed.  The project that you were going away to work on tomorrow would last for three weeks, during that time you would be traveling quite a bit, you didn’t know where yet though. Also, if this went well you would be working with YG more frequently. Initially you thought your boss would be insulted that you chose to sign with another contract while under Arirang’s but rather he was actually very supportive. He told you not to worry about work here and that there were no hard feelings. He also made sure you knew what you were getting into with YG, “He doesn’t support slackers, you have to give 1000% in everything you do, also 5 minutes early in his book is 10 minutes late, be timely, be professional, be precise, and don’t leave anything halfway done.” He then let you take the rest of the day off of work to prepare for whatever tomorrows adventure holds.

That night you slept in terrible fits of sleep.  You gave up sleeping around 3 am and just decided to take your time getting ready. You your coffee pot and almost instantly the smell of coffee drifts through your small apartment setting your mood into something lighter and happy. You picked out an outfit consisting of a white tunic dress with a tan braided belt to wrap around your waist and tan gladiator sandals that match.  You curled you hair into soft beach waves and French braided your bangs out of your face. For your make up you kept things simple with a light contour, winged eyeliner, and neutral eyeshadow and lipstick. The clock on your nightstand read 5:20 signaling that it was your time to grab your suitcase and catch a cab to the YG entertainment building.

Upon arriving you were met with the hustle and bustle of vans, employees, and equipment throughout the parking lot. Everyone was moving at supersonic speed and you were in the middle of it, trying not to get run over and dodging heavy equipment.  Unfortunately in your attempt to dodge the moving objects around you, you failed to notice the curb right behind your ankles until it was too late and you were in free fall with your arms failing to grab onto anything to brace your fall. You didn’t grab anything but you sure did slap an innocent cheek right before your felt your back connect with the strong muscle of someone’s chest.  You turned around to apologize to whoever fell victim to your accidental slap and thank your savoir for catching you but when you made eye contact with your hero your blood ran cold. You saw the recognition in his eyes turn to disgust as he placed your face almost immediately.

“Of course you would be the one who was idiotic enough not to see where they were going, “B.I spat before turning away just to run into the chest of YG himself.

“Hanbin that’s no way to treat our newest employing on her first day, she’s practically a guest!” YG spoke as he readjusted his signature black hat that matched his black jacket which was pulled over a white shirt. “I expect more from you, don’t disappoint me. You need to get along if you two are going to be working together, good thing you have a 5 hour car ride to Busan which you two will be sitting next to each other for you to sort out any misunderstandings.”

With that he gave B.I one last stern glance then sauntered back into to building. As soon as YG was gone B.I leaned uncomfortably close to you and whispered a warning into your ear, “Stay out of my path,” then his heal and climbed into the nearest van leaving you next to the other members with a dumbfounded look on your face.

“Hey sorry about him,” said Donghyuk, “He’s just a little twerked from this morning when we found out you were going to be our translator for our overseas tour. Just give him some space and time and the storm clouds above his head will blow over. Unfortunately you two will have to sit together for the ride so just listen to some music and try not to look at him, okay?”

You nodded still trying to process everything, “Wait…my job is to translate for you all? Where does this tour include?”  You asked rapid fire style, “Why are we going to Busan first? Why am I not being told anything?” You concluded looking from member to member for any sort of answers only to be met with uncomfortable silence.

“We were told that you needed to redeem yourself from your outburst at Arirang and this would be the only way to prove yourself of your ability to work well with others,” Bobby finally spoke up taking your suitcase and handing it to a passing worker, “We didn’t realize how much you were in the dark about the situation, we’ll help enlighten you during the drive to Busan,” He said leading you to the same van B.I had gotten into earlier only to stop you as you were about to climb in, “I know you don’t want to but you have to sit next to Hanbin, I’ll be on your other side don’t worry,”

You stepped into the van hesitantly, spotting B.I immediately in the 4th row of the long van staring out the window. Slowly, you made you way beside him with Bobby following close behind.  In front of you sat June, Chanwoo, and Donghyuk leaving Jinhwan and Yunhyeong to the front row. Once everyone was situated YG stuck his head into the van to make sure everything was to his liking, “Good luck on this tour boys make me proud. Don’t forget to thank your stage hosts at the venue and listen to you managers. Hanbin, don’t forget what I told you,”  just like that he ducked out of the van and with turned with a wave back into the building as the van hummed to life and pulled away from the curb.

5 minutes of uncomfortable silence passed by so thick you couldn’t breathe.  Finally Bobby spoke up right before you were about to explode, “So to answer one of your questions from earlier, we are heading to Busan to do some last minute promotions before catching a plane to LA.”

“What does traveling to Busan have to do with me?” You turned to face him, showing your back to B.I.

“Nothing, as far as I know,” Bobby responded, “I think YG want you to get comfortable with us before we spend a month together. I guess this is kinda a light way to break the ice.”


“Makes sense,” You said, “Now, for my second question, what stops are you making for your world tour?”

“We’ll start in LA then move onto San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas, Chicago, New York Atlanta, Toronto, and finish it with a show in Vancouver. It’s not exactly so much of a world tour as it is a North America tour. Our performances will go for about 2 weeks, not a whole lot of down time, but after we are done we will go back to LA and film a show there that will last about 2 weeks.  We will be relying on you to translate for us not only on the stage but off it too, like if we need something from the store and what not.”

“I see, thank you for explaining everything,” You said with a slight chuckle, “I was completely clueless about the whole ordeal.”

“Now that you guys are done talking will you please shut up?” B.I snarled from behind you, “I’m trying to sleep.”

You immediately turned to him to spit back a comeback when a hand covered your mouth.

“Don’t you worry Hanbin we were just about to get some sleep ourselves,” Bobby said from behind you and you grimaced. Where was your input in the matter? Oh yeah muffled behind Bobby’s hand…

Bobby turned you around to face him again, letting go of your mouth a leaned toward your ear whispering, “Remember what Donghyuk said, he needs time to chill, and sleeping is the best way to cure grumpiness so it’s best if we chill out and let him sleep,” He pulled away to ruffle through a bag at his feet and pulled out his phone and earbuds. “It might be beneficial if we also try and sleep too, we have a long month ahead of us we should try and get as much sleep as we can.”

Bobby proceeded to plug his earphones into his phone and scroll through his playlist until his found his desired song. What he did next surprised you, and you would be lying if you said you didn’t enjoy it. He then looked up at you with a wide smile, tucked your hair behind your ear and placed one of his earbuds in your right ear.

“Tell me if it’s too loud or if I need to change the song,” He said as he placed the other bud in his ear, pressed play, and leaned against the window to sleep. You starred at him surprised by his forwardness, despite just meeting each other.

“Take a picture it will last longer,” B.I whispered into your left ear, making you jump and immediately turn tomato red. Caught and embarrassed you sat back in your seat, not daring to look at smirking B.I or sleeping beauty Bobby.


You woke up two hours later in a man sandwich.  To your right you were practically laying on Bobby, with your head on his chest and his arm around your back. To you left B.I was practically laying on you, with his head snuggled into your neck and his arms around your waist. Concerned you looked in front of you to the other rows and saw relatively the same thing that was happening to your trio in the back. Apparently cuddling was normal behavior while sleeping.

Your lungs burned and you realized you were holding in your breath unknowingly.  You took in a shaky breath unsure what to do with yourself as you felt the car roll to a stop outside a rest area. Beside you Bobby began to stir and you looked up and made eye contact hoping he recognized the predicament you’re in. He raised the hand that wasn’t behind your back and put his finger to his lips signaling for you to keep quiet. Around you the other boys were waking up and getting out of the car to stretch their legs and get some snacks at the convenience store, but B.I remained fast asleep breathing steadily on your neck. Bobby then motioned for you to pretend to be asleep. You obeyed his orders; you slowed your breathing and closed your eyes leaving just a crack so that you could what Bobby would do next. He lifted his left arm from around your back and began tickling B.I’s neck softly. Beside you, you could feel B.I’s breath come more sporadically as he started chuckling against your skin, nuzzling into your neck. You tensed under him urging your lungs to continue air in as you tried not to gag on the vomit rising in your throat.

“Hanbin, it’s time to get up,” Bobby said softly, his chest vibrating with the depth of his voice under your head, “We need to hurry and buy some food before it’s time to go again.”

Finally you felt B.I wake up fully beside you, his head lifted off your neck and you could breathe again.

“,” You heard him say as he quickly removed his arms from around you, “She’s still asleep right? She didn’t wake up while I was sleeping right?” He frantically asked Bobby.

“No man, you’re fine, she’s been fast asleep this whole time, and honestly it’s quite impressive, dude your snores can be heard miles away.”

“Ya!” B.I shouted pushing Bobby and shaking you in the process, “I do not.”

You decided this would be a perfect time to ‘wake up’ before a full on wrestling match was started between the two rappers. Yawning, you lifted your head off of Bobby’s chest.

“Are we stopping already?” You said removing the earbud that was still in your ear.

“Look who decided to wake up,” said B.I in his usual snarky tone you’ve gone used to him using with you, “thanks to you we couldn’t get out and stretch our legs. So inconsiderate.”

You looked over at Bobby who seemed surprised by B.I’s story and you had to stifle a laugh.

“What are you guys waiting for? Hop out, I’ll cramp up if I stay in here for a minute longer,” B.I said as he took the honors of leaning over you to unbuckle Bobby and push him into the aisle of the car. You followed Bobby out of the van and into the convenient store where both of you simultaneously started cracking up causing you to snort so loudly it was heard through the entire store.


Back in the car you didn’t dare to fall asleep for the rest of the ride and B.I apparently had the same idea, and he busied himself by talking to June, Chanwoo, and Donghyuk. You and Bobby entertained yourselves by playing road games and showing each other your favorite music playlists and songs. By the time you reached Busan it was 11:30 and your tummy was telling you it was time for lunch.

“Woah calm down there,” Bobby joked as your rumblings seamed to echo through the car, “Lunch is stop number one, do you think you can wait 5 minutes?”

“You know you brought hunger upon yourself,” B.I butted in, you hadn’t even realized he was listening to you two, “If you actually woke up when all the rest of us did you would have had time to buy yourself something to eat.”

“Excuse me?” You practically shouted, “brought it upon myself? I actually-“

But your words were cut short by Bobby elbowing you in the ribs and aggressively shouting, “We’re here!”