end

Of Spoilers and Soulmates

What the ?

 

For twenty years, Jeon Wonwoo had always imagined his first meeting with his soulmate. Did he accidentally trip and spilled coffee to his soulmate? Did he say something rude? Why would his soulmate curse him when they literally just meet each other?

 

*****

 

The first time Wonwoo brought the subject up was when he was in elementary school. He was only a 2nd grader, but he knew that ‘’ wasn’t a good word. So why was it written on his forearm? He was beyond confused.

“Mom,” 7-year-old Wonwoo said timidly. “Do you think I’ll do something bad to my soulmate when I meet her? Or him?”

His mother approached him, still wearing her apron and dusting off some of the flour that fell. “And why would you think like that?” She bent down on one knee and ruffled Wonwoo’s black hair.

“Well, according to my mark, he’ll say a bad word to me when we meet for the first time,” he said, while showing the words that were tattooed on his forearm.

“Oh, sweetheart,” her mother sighed. “I’m sure it’s just a misunderstanding. Maybe you stepped on his toes or something? I’m sure it’s not something serious.”

“B-But,”

“Hey buddy, no buts. Don’t think about any bad stuffs, okay? I’m sure you’ll along just fine with your soulmate.” She gave him a hug and Wonwoo awkwardly hugged her back. He couldn’t help but worry about his first meeting with his soulmate.

 

*****

 

It’s rather hard not to think about his mark when everyone around him used curse words on a daily basis. At first, every time he heard those words, he would get excited. He’s finally going to meet his soulmate, he thought. Unfortunately, he didn’t feel that special connection between soulmates that he often heard of. After hearing hundreds (or even thousands) of what the s in high school and college, Wonwoo decided not to take them seriously.

He sighed. This whole soulmate thing . His soulmate mark was so common. Why couldn’t it be something more specific? Why was he one of the unlucky ones who were born with these painfully common words?

The more he thought about it, the more miserable he became.

 

*****

 

“Man, I can’t believe Dumbledore died.”

Those words barely left his mouth and he saw the stranger turned his head so fast that Wonwoo was afraid that he’ll get whiplash.

“What the ?”

“What?”

The stranger was looking at Wonwoo strangely while aggressively shaking his head. “I can’t believe you’re the one who did this to me. Oh God,” he shaked his head one more time.

“Uh, what do you mean?” Wonwoo was baffled. The stranger was cute, with his brown hair and brown eyes and a red plaid shirt that really, really looked good on him (and he was even taller than Wonwoo, what the hell). But he was seriously questioning the stranger’s sanity.

“First of all, my name is Mingyu. Second, I am your soulmate. And third, you,” Mingyu jabbed Wonwoo’s chest with his finger. “Because of you, I have the biggest literary spoiler of the century tattooed on my forearm, you jackass.”

And what Wonwoo did next was a hundred percent spontaneous. He laughed. He laughed so loudly that many customers in the café were looking at him like he was crazy. And maybe he was. Wonwoo didn’t know. He never felt like this before. He was exhilarated.

“Jerk, why are you laughing?” This stranger, scratch that. His soulmate was frowning at him.

“For the record, my name’s not ‘jerk’. It’s Wonwoo. And it’s just, I don’t know, I’ve heard a lot of ‘what the s’ but this is the first time it was directed at me because of a book spoiler,” Wonwoo laughed so hard that he cried a little.

“It’s not just a book. It’s Harry Potter!”

“Well then, I’ll make it up to you. How about the Korean BBQ restaurant down the street? 6 PM?”

“Are you seriously asking me out on a date?”

“Yes, I am. So, will you go on a date with me?” Wonwoo smiled. He never felt this happy before.

“Okay, fine.” Mingyu huffed. “But believe me when I say that it’ll take a really long time for me to forgive you.”

“Sorry for spoiling your favorite book. And trust me, I’m planning to make it up to you in any way I can.”

 

*****

 

All was well.

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: And that's a wrap! Dear readers, thank you for reading and subscribing to my story! I’d like to apologize for abandoning this story. To be very honest, I lost my inspiration and I simply couldn’t finish it. I’m sorry that it took me 2 years to finally complete it. I hope you’ll like the final chapter. Please subscribe, comment, and upvote!

P.S. Your comments mean a lot to me. Aaaand after 2 years, I’m thinking of coming back to AFF and writing fics again. Please motivate me, folks.