White and Cold

It's called Drabbles for a reason.

White and Cold. 472 words. Yerin and Suga.

(Ps. i don't know, i'm not very satisfied with this one. i failed. any suggestion who should i do next?)


 

“How are you feeling today?”

 

Yoongi shrugs. “Great.”

 

“Have you take all the medicines Doctor Lee gave you?”

 

“I threw the s at him.”

 

Yerin sighs. “You know that i can’t always cover your mess, right?” this time, Yerin gently placed her hands over the man’s pale hands. Cold, as always. His dark brown orbs refused to meet her black ones. Yoongi just gave her a cold shoulder as his response. Yerin pulled her hands from his, made his hands slightly trembled from the loss, without her knowing. The young doctor stood up and took of her white blazer. This time Yoongi looked up at her, eyes slowly following her move, only to found her putting her blazer on his shoulder.

 

“You’re getting colder by day. I’m worried, you know. Please. Please stay warm.”

 

Still no response. If anything, Yoongi’s glace only got sharper. Like he was waiting for her to continue. There might be something behind this talk—Yoongi has learned Baek Yerin after these years, anyway.

 

“I’m moving to another hospital next week.”

 

For Baek Yerin, it was just a small explanation of separation. For Yoongi, the world felt like it has been turned upside down.

 

“I...i figured that since i can’t take care of you that well, i have failed. I can’t cure you completely. But don’t worry, Doctor Lee is better than me at this, you know.”

 

The young doctor could still hear the tickling sound of the clock, as the her patient in front of her chose to stay silent.

 

“I couldn’t bear to see you still struggling while i’m here wasting your time to figure out your cure. You are too important for me—i swear, Yoongi—“

 

The young man stood up from his chair and made his way to the door.

 

“Yoongi? Please say something. Don’t be like this—i” she raised her voice.

 

He let out a bitter chuckle. “What would you like me to say, Doc?” he snapped at her.

 

Anything. Anything—if you want to say that you hate me then i would completely understand. Please?”

 

Yoongi gave her a pained laugh. His laugh lasted for a moment. “You amuse me.”

 

Yerin chased after him. “Wait—Yoongi! I just really want you to be healthy! I want you to be happy—”

 

“—Then what the makes you think that i would be better with someone else ?!” He screamed at her. Yerin stopped and took a step back, surprised.

 

“Who the are you to think that leaving me with a ing stranger—who the told you—you will never get it. You motherers ing won’t.”

 

He cried. She never see him cry.

 

“So don’t tell me that it would be better for me to stay with someone else because the truth is—i would just be more scared.