Dry and Warm

It's called Drabbles for a reason.

Dry and Warm. 842 words. General. Mermaid!Taehyung

(ps. i hate Mermaid. i almost feel bad for V. Sorry, Taetae...)


 

“You’re cheating! That’s not fair!”

 

The young man shrieked histerically. After what seemed like an hour, he stopped trying to catch the girl.

 

“Everything is fair in the world of tag, baby.”

 

The girl, who is really like to be called Jamie rather than her real name Jimin, muttered. Still struggling to even her breath, Jamie carelessly threw her body in the cool white sand. Her long black hair was smoothly flown by the water. The boy crawled closer to the girl, doing the same thing. Both of them had their arms behind their heads as a pillow. The seashore was just like their bed—their home.

 

“Tae, anyway, you lose. So, you had to bring that pretty ruby stone for me.” The girl lifted up her head at her bestfriend’s lack of response. “—you lose. Tae. Don’t break your promise.”

 

The red haired boy rolled his eyes. His matching red shiny fin flicked at the girl’s whine.

 

“Yeah, because we played tag in your hot, horrible, dry land for squid’s sake! That’s the ‘unfairness’ i was talking about,” the boy barked back, “next time let’s play tag in my home, hell, you wouldn’t suffer a minute down there.”

 

“I do scuba diving once a week, if you need a reminder.” Jamie whined again. “But Tae, you’ve promised, i really hate a promise breaker you know—”

 

“I know, i know. Damn, my ear! You can be really loud than Hobi sometimes.” Tae shook his head, his fin slightly trembling from the thought of fellow merman, Hoseok, with his noisy orange fin. And his scream-worthy dance cover of...whatever female humans does in the land.

 

A comfortable silence intervened the two teenagers. Jamie had her eyes closed, so was Taehyung. Cool evening breeze was blowing softly, caressing their skin. Tiny waves were crushing the white sand. The sunset was slowly coming.

 

I was wondering,” Jamie opened one eye at his voice, “if you could do scuba diving for hours...why won’t you come to meet my family? Like, a friendly visit to a friend’s house, maybe.” The young man’s voice faltered slowly to the end of his sentence.

 

“Tae, you know that’s impossible.” Jamie sighed, sitting up with her legs folded. “And you know that i really want to meet your mom, all your brothers, or even your dad.”

 

The boy’s green eyes refused to meet her black ones. His fingers were playing on their own, and his lips curved down. Jamie, quiet amused to see such a cute expression. Her hand came to ruffle his red locks and Taehyung found himself leaning down to the gentle gesture.

 

“Okay, you’re more like a dog than a fish now.” The girl bursted out laughing as Taehyung slapped her hand away from his head. “Just kidding, mate, don’t be such a baby.”

 

“But you know what, i must go home now. I shouldn’t be out for too long if i didn’t want to catch a cold.” Jamie patted his fin, never fail to gaped at how smooth and silky it was. She straightened herself, only to come back squatting in front of the red haired boy.

 

“You’ll come back tomorrow? I’ll bring your stone, i mean.” He asked hopefully.

 

Jamie sighed again. Taehyung didn’t even want to hear her answer.

 

“I get it. The next day, yeah?” He feigned a smile.

 

“I’ll see you, then. Sorry, tomorrow Mom’s coming back from the states. My old man said that we are going to celebrate at some chinese restaurant.” Her voice lightened at the latter part.

 

“Meat party?” The young man asked.

 

Nah, we’re going to eat fried fish.”

 

“HOW OFFENSIVE !!!” Taehyung had one of his hands in his chest, one to cover his dramatic gasp. Made the girl exploding in laughter again.

 

“Jus kidding, but, you know. Who knows.”

 

“Human is disgusting. Very cruel and disgusting.” The boy was faking a cry.

 

“Oh, shut it. Don’t think we didn’t know what Mermans do to the people.”

 

“Hey, it was their faults to be attracted to our sings. Humans are too weak to resist our beauty.” The young merman flicked his tail proudly, it poked the girl’s leg. Jamie had to roll her eyes for the hundredth time of that day.

 

“Whatever. I am weak, but you love your bestfriend though.”

 

I sure don’t, so don’t flatter yourself, please.”

 

“See you the next after tomorrow, TaeTae! I’ll come back i promise!” The girl hugged his body, in which he returned it even tighter. Taehyung could swear for a second, he was planning to mouthing the sleep spell to this girl and bring her to his home. Deep under the sea.

 

But then again, his bestfriend would probably die from losing breath, so he pushed the plan. Again. Just like yesterday.

 

The young merman watched the girl going away from behind. Her now damp black locks flowing freely behind her back. Her chubby yet cute agile legs were taking a big step to bring her back to her warm, dry home.

 

Or maybe i do love you.” He whispered.