003

Bitter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys, I just updated a few hours ago, so if you haven't read the precious chapter, please do! enjoy :D

 

It's been a week since you've been to the cafe, but it's alright. Your days have been spent quite peacefully regardless.

 

You stare at your phone screen where the Kakaotalk application is open. Next to the username kimjm01 is a picture you can't get enough of. It's Junmyeon smiling for a selfie at a party of some sort. His pearly whites are all on show and his eyes are smiling together with his mouth.

 

“When are we going back to the cafe?” you hear Sehun whine from a distance away.

 

He soon approaches the table with Seungwan and Jongdae in tow, disrupting your moment. You hastily click the phone shut and slide it into your pocket before pretending to look over your notes.

 

The information barely gets into your head when Seungwan slams the table, making you jump.

 

“Why are you here and not at the cafe?!”

 

You raise an eyebrow. “Do I have to be there? I've got a mini test next week and I need to study.”

 

“Oh c'mon!” she throws her hands up, prompting Jongdae to calm her down. “Why are you still denying it? I think it's already clear that you have the hots for each other, and all he needs to do is to ask you out!”

 

Your cheeks burn at the statement, and you do nothing to correct her. His intentions had been clear for a long time now, but what you said before still stands. You don't date people who can't get your coffee right.

 

“Then let's go,” you shrug. “I haven't had my coffee today yet.”

 

Seungwan squeals and grabs your hand with hers that isn't holding Jongdae's. She starts blabbering about how she was right all along, and you just start to tune her out.

 

On the way there, you make a decision. If he gets your coffee right this time, then you'll confess. If he doesn't, maybe you're not destined to be together. Honestly, it sounds a bit stupid, but you love coffee, and you take it seriously. It's also a quirk of yours to make decisions like that that withold the answer to fate and destiny, so you can't really take your statement back.

 

So, when you reach the quaint shop, you don't expect to see dozens of people in there. You're so used to seeing the counter empty, that this takes you by surprise.

 

“Ah, it's Friday today.” Sehun says thoughtfully.

 

You nod absent-mindedly. The line at the counter is long, and you feel like just another customer among the rest. Stepping back, you decide to just come back another time, but Junmyeon catches your eye while pouring ice into a cup. A small smile tugs at the corner of his lips as he wordlessly greets you.

 

Your group of friends go to queue and it takes quite a while before it's your turn.

 

“He keeps sneaking glances at you.” Seungwan whispers, eyeing the said man.

 

You follow her gaze. “I don't think so, he has a lot on his hands. Look at all these customers.”

 

Frankly speaking, you couldn't catch his gaze on you even once, despite what Seungwan said. You felt slightly weird to be actively waiting for him to be looking at you, but as Seungwan always says, Love changes you.

 

“Hey guys, long time no see,” Junmyeon's voice breaks you out of your reverie. “Hi Hyejin, I can't really say it's been long.”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter