”Getting caught”

Our Palace

                 Chapter 8

              "Getting caught"

 

 

“HAH! I caught you!”, Dokyun shouts in amusement as he swings the door open, laughing. 
“I caught y--”, his voice quickly fading into thin air as his jaw begin to drop in shock.


Dokyun didn’t know how to react. He’s shocked...yet he somehow expected this to happen. A lot of thoughts were running through his mind at this moment. “Huh?”, he mumbled to himself, rubbing his eyes thinking he must be dreaming. The two love birds on the bed don’t seem to notice the sudden presence in the room with them. Both unaware that someone is watching them from across the room with their lips still locked together, shirtless Yijeong flips them over so he’s now on top of the other. Pulling on their leader’s shirt, hinting that he wants to take it off of him.. Kyungil raises up both his arms, allowing the shirt to come off. Successfully taking it off, the younger throws it behind him, unknowingly of where it lands. Just as the shirt touches the floor…

“Aheem...Hello!?”, Dokyun clears his throat..

“Huh?”, Kyungil breaks away from Yijeong’s lips to look up behind him.

As his eyes meet Dokyun’s, he quickly but gently pushes Yijeong to the side. “Yah! Why are you here? Can’t you knock?”, their leader shyly utters while covering himself with their comforter, hiding his face in shame. “How long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough” , “How long have you been doing...this?”, Dokyun smirks. 

“Not long. It just...kinda happened...yesterday”, Kyungil mumbles as his cheeks begin to blush. 

“YESTERDAY!?”, Dokyun can’t help but to scream out.

“Shhh! Don’t yell!”, their leader quickly runs up to Dokyun, closing the door behind him. “Don’t tell anyone about this, please”

“Why not?”

“Yeah, why don’t we just tell them now? Dokyun already knows..”, Yijeong pouts as he casually hugs their leader from behind, snuggling his head against his back. 

“If you want to...”, he utters while picking up his shirt, putting it back on his exposed body. 

“Hyung...I’m only ok with telling them if you are”,

“Ok. We’ll tell them”, Kyungil says with a smile on his lips, as he puts his hands on the younger’s, intertwining their fingers. 

“What? Are you sure?.. I was kinda hoping to keep a secret, hehe”, Dokyun jokingly utters.

“Really? Hahaha”, “You wouldn’t even be able to hold it in for 5 minutes before telling someone”, Yijeong laughs.

“Yeah...you’re right, haha”, he chuckles in embarrassment. “I’ll go now...I’m hungry. Come and eat you two.. We’ve got a heavy schedule today..”, leaving the room.

“We’re coming”, the younger responds, giving their leader a quick peck on his cheek before putting on some clothes. “I’ll go first then”, Kyungil whispers, while opening the door. 

“Hyung...aren’t you forgetting something?”, Yijeong says, smiling.

“Oh”, Kyungil caught himself, running over to the younger to kiss his cheek. “Hurry, I’m hungry”.

“Not that, hyung...You might want to put on some pants, hahaha”, he teases their leader.
 

Kyungil looks down, only to find himself wearing boxers. “Aiish, why didn’t you tell me?”, he pouts, cutely dashing over to his closet. “Also...your shirt is inside out”, the younger teases again. “Yah! What’s wrong with me?”, he mumbled as he put on some pants and fixes his shirt. “You’re so cute, hyung”, Yijeong playfully slaps Kyungil’s b*tt with a smirk then grabbing his hand, “Let’s go” .

 

Entering the kitchen, where the rest of the members were seated at the table, eating breakfast - The younger’s hand still holding their leader’s. Kyungil could feel the others eyes glued to him, making him turn away his head in embarrassment. His heart rapidly beginning to flutter. His cheeks getting warmer. His whole body shivering. “Are we really doing this?”, he quietly mumbled to himself, still looking away. Just as he was about to let go of the other's hand and run back to his room, the hand holding his tightened it’s embrace. Yijeong firmly holding their leader’s hand, interwinding their fingers. “We have something to tell you guys..”, he announces, smiling. “We’re da--”,

“Are you dating?”, Sihyoung interrupts the younger mid-sentence, smirking. 

“Hold up, how did you know?” , “Yah! Dokyun did you tell them already???”, Yijeong pouts. 
 

Their leader still avoiding eye contact with the others as he’s still quite scared. The only thing stopping him from running away is the feeling of the younger’s hand in his. The warmth. It calms him down. It always has. Sometimes, even by just looking at him - a quick glance, is enough to make his worries perish into nothing. There’s always a smile on his face. A smile that can brighten up the darkest of all dark spaces. His eyes always radiating with pure joy, no matter how sad or bitter the atmosphere may be. A smile that constantly puts everyone in a good mood. It might just be because he’s their maknae, the youngest of them all...but that’s not who he is to Kyungil. To him, Yijeong is that special someone. He has always been that special someone. Ever since they first met, only at the time he didn’t understand what it was he was feeling. There were times where Kyungil would space out with his gaze getting lost in the younger’s eyes - as if he was an enchanter, casting a spell on him - captivating him with his luminous charm.

That’s the impact the maknae has on their leader. 

Now that he has actually come to terms with the fact that he’s in love with a man, now that he finally understands his feelings - he doesn’t know what to do with them.

“Dokyun told us..”
“But your hands are pretty obvious too, haha”, Sihyoung teases, pointing at their two hands firmly embracing each other. 

“Yah! I told you, Dokyun..”, “You can’t keep a secret for longer than a minute even. You broke your record”, the younger pouts as he leads Kyungil to the kitchen table. “Sit, I’ll get you some coffee”, he says with a smile, nudging their leader’s shoulder.

Sitting down next to the one and only gossip master, Dokyun - Kyungil pours himself some yoghurt and cereal into a bowl. “Hey, is it really true?”, he pokes their leader’s arm. He’s like an eager puppy, craving attention. “Huh?”, their leader utters, eating a spoonful of his breakfast. “Is it true that you’re dating?”, he whispers. Almost choking on his cereal, Kyungil coughs, “You saw us, what do you think?”.

 

“What are you two whispering about all so secretively, huh?”, the younger interrupts them, placing down the coffee cup in front of their leader. “Here, your coffee”, he pinches Kyungil’s blushing cheeks with a smile. Since every seat at the table is occupied, Sihyoung stands up to go grab another chair when suddenly - after grabbing his cup of coffee, Yijeong sits down on Kyungil’s lap. “Heol… aren’t you two such a couple, haha”, Sihyoung stops and goes back to his seat, jokingly shaking his head in awe.

Their leader’s arm naturallly found it's way around the younger’s waist, sipping on his coffee “Yeah, so?”, he utters with confidence, hiding the true fact that he’s really nervous. Yijeong unexpectedly sitting down on his lap - in front of everyone, surprised him but he didn’t want to look like a coward, so he tried playing it off cool. Which seemed to be working, except Yijeong could feel Kyungil’s body tensing up from the nervosity.

Feeling the shivering body of their leader, Yjeong places his arm on his back...tracing his fingers up and down his spine. Slowly moving up to the back of his neck where he gently starts caressing the other’s nape. Kyungil being aware of where the younger’s fingers are touching gradually makes his body loosen up. Their once stiff and nervous leader now feels at ease, just by a simple touch given by that special someone, Yijeong.

 

________________________________________________

Note: Hi, guys! I'm extremely sorry for this late a** update a long with a pretty short chapter. I didn't know what I wanted to write next, so I just decided to end it there (and tbh, i'm kind of happy about that, it sounds like a good ending to a chapter - making the readers want more) If there's still people enjoying this story/fanfic of mine that is, haha. 🙈

 

Also - I miss them so much ; ____ ; ❤️

 

 

/ Miyu ~