one

Crushed

She was half asleep when her chemistry teacher handed her the detention slip and in all honesty, hardly gave a . There were more important things she had to concern herself with than with stupid things like that, but there was still a slight feeling of distraught at the sight of the detention. The disappointment in Mr. Park's face was clear and he made it certain to remind her every now and then, throughout the lesson. 

Jung Yein was finding it hard not to fall asleep during chemistry, it was a Monday morning and the first period of the six she had that day. Unlike the population of other students in school she always went home straight after the sixth period. Her friends usually stayed an extra four hours after school but that was because they actually wanted to get somewhere in life, Yein was contempt with going nowhere. Another sigh escaped from her lips.

"Miss Jung, at the rate you're going I would think you have some sort of respiratory problem." A smirk tugged onto the chemistry teacher's lips, still giving his entire attention towards the chalkboard. A series of quiet laughter across the classroom was the response the teacher was aiming towards, a tang of red brushed Yein's cheek in response. Her eyes kept to the table and she swept her hair as best as possible to hide her, it was no use. All eyes were on her. And an unusual pair glanced to her direction, lasting for just a few seconds before shutting them once again.

It had been only sixteen seconds and the silence returned, the sound of pencils furiously indenting the pages echoed in the classroom. Yein should've been doing this but her attention was diverted by the landing of a note. Her fingers quickly pried open the neatly folded message, double checking that Mr. Park wasn't watching.

'Cheer up, Yein-ie!!!~ You will surviveeee!!! x_x'  

The scrawny handwriting and cute doodle were enough for her to recognise who had sent it, she turned around and looked towards the opposite side of the classroom. Ryu Sujeong happily waved at her before puffing her cheeks out and doing a 'fighting!' motion with her hand, it was enough for a smile to finally appear. As she turned back to face the board, she couldn't help but land her curious eyes towards the boy at the corner of the classroom. His head propped against his hand and his eyes tightly shut- well, it was a change to the constant eye rolling. It lasted for one last second before Yein finally returned back to her work. Timing really had a habit of screwing up what could've been one of those moments which you'd see in dramas, where time would stop and they were the only ones who existed in the world- but this was reality.

Halfway into her kimbap and once she looked up, the shocked faces of her friends was all she could see. A number of 'Detention?' and 'Our Yein would never!' was all she could her at one point. Yoo Jiae sat opposite her with hanging open and next to her was Kim Jiyeon, another member of the 'mouth hanging open' club, Lee Mijoo on the other only had a proud fatherly smile, and the girl next to her could only give out a meek smile. 

"Sujeong, why did you tell themmmmm?" A whiny groan and an aegyo filled face were enough for the elders to forget about the detention and instead, cringe in disgust. "Mmhmm, that's what I thought." She took one more bite from the kimbap in her hands before announcing her departure from their lunch table in order to go to the toilet. 

Her hands slipped into her coat pocket, in which had her house keys, which had an alarm key chain attached on. This became a routine thing to do when passing this part of the school, behind the chemistry department and the quickest way towards the toilets. Usually, the types of people you wouldn't particularly want to socialize with- the bad types of people. Consisting of the types of people who did drugs and smoked regularly, the people Yein tried her best to avoid. But it seemed today just wasn't her day. 

The only path that was leading to the toilets was blocked off, by what?- by who? The infamous drug dealer, Jeon Wonwoo. Although she would've never said this out loud, it was smart to sell drugs in a high school. There were teenagers who would try out anything and waste their money on almost anything, it was probably a profitable job, Much more than working part-time at the local library. Yein quickly shook her head, an attempt to get rid of those thoughts. However, catching the attention of him instead. 

Wonwoo didn't like to call himself a drug dealer, he preferred the word 'CEO' instead. The founder of a self-employed business in which he earnt a lot of money from, it would take someone with no morals to sell drugs to underage students and to sell them inside a state of the art education facility. It didn't mean anything to him; it was just another high schooler doing whatever they could to earn some money. Nothing really meant anything to Wonwoo. 

He was surrounded by the usual girls, other than being a rather successful dealer, Wonwoo was kind of cute- no, to be frankly truthful, Jeon Wonwoo was kind of hot. No wonder why so many of the female population wanted to buy drugs because the guy who sells them is very good looking. 

It was easy to notice the girl with her hands tightly tucked into her pockets and the hair that covered her entire face, she looked more like those demons you see in those horror films with long hair and- a shudder ran down Wonwoo's spine at the thought, he had never been a fan of horror films. It seemed the hoard of girls noticed his attention towards the nearing girl. Lee Sohye pulled away from his touch and approached the oblivious Yein, a grossed out look on her face. The gang of friends followed her lead and soon cornered the helpless girl. If it weren't for the shadows overwhelming her, Yein would've probably never realized the circle of girls around her. She was too caught up in her own world.

"Ah, sorry but excuse me-" Her feeble plan to escape was put on hold by the sudden shove back into the centre of what seemed like those 'bully circles' but Yein had only experienced it through all the viral videos of those circles. Sohye now had a hold her arm, her hands tightening with each nearing second. 

"I don't know why Wonwoo Oppa would be interested in a weird loser like you, someone like you shouldn't be in this type of area. Are you here to snitch on us? Are you here to tell the teachers about this? Admit it." She scoffed and easily flipped her hair, a smirk reto Sohye's lips as she continued to rally on the other girls surrounding the hopeless Yein. "I should probably teach you not to come here, I should probably teach you a lesson or two in respect. This is our area and when irritating girls like you come here to try and snitch on us it's really annoying, even worse, you not only came here to tell the teachers about us but also to lure our Oppa to you?-" Her hand raised to slap the weak girl who was already halfway to her knees but she was abruptly stopped.

Only a few metres away was the reason why this was all happening; Jeon Wonwoo leant onto the other side of the pole and focused on what they were saying to the girl. He could hear everything, even the quiet sobs coming from the girl they were bullying. He didn't really ever interfere with Sohye's bullying, she was one of his top paying customers and once you get on the bad side of your top paying customer- well, then you're practically out of business. Although usually, the victim would try to get away, try to fight back- she was different. Wonwoo could just about recall from where he recognised her, another irrelevant girl from one of his science classes. 

She came to this part of school... just so she could 'lure' me? A budding smile made the roots of his lips perk up but then he realised what normally happened to all the people Sohye's gang normally bullied, they'd get hurt and normally in a violent manner. Something strange happened during lunch, all of a sudden, out of the blue- the fire alarm went off. It was enough for the group of girls to get momentarily distracted, and the perfect time to escape. The fire alarm on the wall next to the pole behind the chemistry department, the reason why Yein didn't get hurt.

-

-

a/n

i hope you liked the first chap!!1!!!

sorry that it's long and not that interesting and that i took foreverrrr to update but i hope you liked it

sub, vote, bookmark and comment!! 

i'd love to read your opinions about this so far

thanks for reading!!!:3333