Here we go again

Love Bunny

a/n im honestly the biggest human mess this was meant to be a one-chapter follow up but as usual i waffled on rip. im just rly keen on jeonghoon pals ok sobs


 

Jihoon held the door to the LoveBunny headquarters open for Jeonghan, laughing along with his friend as he relayed a story from his 7am class that morning.

“The guy deadass walked in like he knew exactly what he was doing, bare feet and awkwardly buttoned shirt and all. God he was so hungover, it didn’t even smell like he’d showered.” Jeonghan wheezed, clutching his stomach from laughing so hard, “I gotta say, I actually admire the guy like he sat through the whole lecture without falling asleep, I even saw him take notes. His dedication to education is impressive.”

“Well you’d think if he put all that effort into making it he’d at least take notes.” Jihoon pointed out.

Jihoon didn’t receive a reply from his friend however as they entered their office in the customer service section of the building. He practically saw Jeonghan’s eyes light up at the sight of their recently employed co-worker.

"Jisoo!" Jeonghan skipped to the brunet’s side, plastering on his sweetest smile. "I didn't know you were working today! Are you staying on with me and Jihoonie? We could really use the company." Jihoon rolled his eyes. By 'we' Jeonghan meant him.

Jihoon made his way to his desk, plopping down into his semi-comfortable chair and watching Jeonghan flirt his little heart out.

"O-oh, good afternoon Jeonghan-ssi." Jisoo replied, face flushed at their proximity. "Sorry, I'm afraid I'm finishing up now, I hope you and Jihoon-ssi aren't too bored during your shift."

Jeonghan’s face fell.

"I'm sure we'll be fine." Jihoon smile at the boy kindly, receiving a hard glare from his long haired friend. Jihoon felt sorry for Jisoo. He'd only been working at LoveBunny for a week and Jeonghan was all over him like a bad rash.

Jeonghan turned a pout back to Jisoo, "I've told you there's no need to be so formal, Jisoo-ah. Were all friends here!" Jeonghan patted Jisoo on the back in a place where Jihoon would consider lower than acceptable for 'friends'. "And because we are friends, I'd like to ask you for your number. For fashion advice."

Jisoo frowned, "Fashion advice?"

"Yeah!" Jeonghan grinned, pulling out his phone and handing it to the very confused boy. Jihoon rolled his eyes. Here we go again. "I like your style and it’s always so hard to pick clothes out for myself! I'll just send you pictures and you can tell me what you think!"

Jeonghan only did this so he could a) send cute selfies to boys, and b) send shirtless selfies and follow them up with another photo with different shirts in it and ask something like "which of these shirts do you think will go best with these jeans?” It was a ridiculous way to pick up guys but heck, it worked for Jeonghan and what kind of friend would he be of he didn't support him? As long as he wasn't sending unsolicited picks Jihoon could live with it.

Jisoo looked uncertain about the whole thing, but took the offered phone anyway. "Um, my fashion sense is nothing much but if you're sure, I can help I guess."

Jeonghan clapped his hands together, a small please sound escaping his lips, "Thank you, Jisoo! You're a life saver, seriously!"

"Sure, no problem." Jisoo smiled softly. "I have to go, I'll see you around work I guess."

"Bye-bye, Jisoo-ah! I'll text you!"

Jihoon chuckled at his friend’s eagerness. "See you, Jisoo."

Jeonghan blatantly admired Jisoo backside as he left the room.

"Yoon Jeonghan you are relentless." Jihoon laughed, earning another famous pout. "He's so sweet he has no idea what you're about."

"I want him Jihoon! And what is that supposed to mean? I have purely innocent intentions!" Jeonghan said, huffing lightly and making his way to his desk.

"Sure, Hannie."

Jeonghan bit his lower lip, glancing away "I really do though, for now... I do really want to date him. The stuff that you're thinking will hopefully come later, Mr. Lee 'ert' Jihoon."

Jihoon snorted but nodded thoughtfully. He actually did believe Jeonghan when he said that. He usually moved on from boys fast when they paid no interest but he'd been stuck on Jisoo from the moment they met. Jihoon begrudged that they would make a really cute couple.

"Oh Jihoon, you're here," one of his female co-workers appeared from the bathroom, "I'm heading out now but you should know some guy called the line and asked for you today. I told him you'd be working tonight so he might call back." She shrugged, grabbing her bag.

Jihoon froze. No way. There was only one male customer in the last few days that had asked to know his name. "Oh, thank you, Yerin." He stuttered out as she bid them goodbye and disappeared.

There was a second of silence before Jeonghan slammed his hands onto his desk, making Jihoon jump. "Holy , Jihoon. Prostate boy wants you."

"Don't be ridiculous, he probably just can't find his balls or something…" Jihoon tried to play it off but the joke was lame and his heart was beating so hard in his chest that he thought it might burst right out.

Jeonghan for his part ignored him entirely. "What if he's like forty though, Jihoon, I’m not letting my best friend an old guy… unless he's rich, but you can't get a sugar daddy before me!"

Jihoon groaned in exasperation, "Is that really all you think about? and money?"

His friend looked up like he was considering it. "…Yes. No, but seriously Jihoon, make sure you find out stuff about him before you meet him. And make sure it’s in a public place—"

"Hold up," Jihoon interrupted incredulously, "who said I was going to meet him?!"

"You listened to him screw himself and didn't hang up the whole time," Jeonghan deadpanned. "From that he's probably deduced that you are one, gay as heck and, two, single as heck." He counted off on his fingers as he lectured Jihoon like he was talking to a child.

Jihoon shook his head, "There's no way. And besides, I don't want to meet up with him. He could be anyone!" He heard the words leaving his own mouth, but doubted his fortitude.

"Nooo, you have to!" Jeonghan whined taking Jihoon’s hands in his a shaking them as if he were trying to force some sense into his friend. "What if he's the love if your life?"

"Then it'll be a 'how did you meet' story to never tell the grandkids." Jihoon mused.

"Hoonie~" Jeonghan whined, "I'm serious!"

Jihoon sighed, giving Jeonghan’s hands a quick squeeze before pulling out of his grip. It occurred to him then why Jeonghan was being so pushy about this (apart from the fact that he found the whole situation hot). Jeonghan had been worried about him lately, thinking Jihoon lonely. He expressed his concerns to him multiple times and offered to set him up with some friends (but since the first time there was absolutely no chance of that happening). Still, Jeonghan’s helpless stares brought a certain guilt that settled uncomfortably in Jihoon’s stomach.

"Hey, guys?"

Both the boys turned their attention to the other end of the desk where one of the newer female employees was calling them.

"I know your shifts don't technically start for another…" She checked her watch, "seven minutes but I'd owe you if you your phones now, we're getting a weird amount of calls at the moment."

"Sure, no problem." Jihoon answered quickly, grateful for the excuse to end the conversation.

Jeonghan gave a long suffering sigh, following suit and switching on his phone which called not three seconds later.

 It was going to be another long night.

 


 

Jihoon took a gulp of his cooling coffee, glancing at the orange clock on the wall. It was only 2:13am. This shift seemed to be dragging on for days and Jihoon was just about ready to find the nearest couch and crash. Or at least he would if he didn't rely on this job to live.

Maybe it was because Jeonghan was giving him the cold shoulder tonight after their conversation. And well, if he was that was probably Jihoon’s fault. Jeonghan’s only crime was caring too much after all. That and being nosy as heck. He wasn’t even aware of how much he relied on the long haired boy in these shifts. What Jihoon wouldn't give to have his bubbly invasive best friend back to lead him through these small hours of the morning.

Instead all he got was half hearted jokes and worried glances when Jeonghan thought Jihoon wasn't looking.

"Thank you for calling Love Bunny, how may I help you today?" The words rolled off his tongue, losing their meaning at the thousandth repeat.

"… Jihoon."

Jihoon’s breath hitched in his throat and he sat up straighter in his desk chair. In all the crap with Jeonghan it had slipped Jihoon’s mind what initially brought it on.

"Soonyoung I assume?" He finally breathed, forcing his hazy mind to remain cool.

"Yeah… yeah. Hi." The boy stuttered, sounding more like an unsure recipient of an early morning phone call rather than the instigator. "Right, um, listen I really wanted to apologise for the other day…"

Jihoon said nothing, sensing he wasn't done.

"I know I should have called earlier but I was… super flustered about it all I just— was caught up in the lust I guess."

"It’s fine. Nothing to apologise for. I'm sure I've heard other things manning this line that I'd sooner like to forget than that." Jihoon chuckled, stopping mid laugh and almost slamming his head into his desk realising just what he'd implied.

"Oh. Well, that's good I guess."

Jihoon swore he could hear the slight smile in his voice.

"I-I mean it’s mostly my fault anyway, I should have hung up." Jihoon continued in a rush, hoping Soonyoung would forget his previous comment.

"Oh, yeah…" he sounded guilty once more, "I'm kind of into voyeurism so I intentionally didn't hang up. To give myself the illusion that someone was listening I guess. I just didn't expect you to stay on the line the whole time but that was hot I swear I got half hard all over hearing you all flustered and holy crap I'm so sorry this was not the intention of this call, I'm meant be apologising I'm sorry, ."

Inexplicably Jihoon felt laughter bubbling up his throat and past his lips at that little outburst. What a strange guy.

"Ah, how humiliating." Soonyoung mumbled.

"Sorry," Jihoon grinned, "and like I said, think nothing of it. It’s in the past and I'm far from traumatized."

He was glad to hear a breath of laughter filter through the receiver. "Well if you insist. I would like to treat you to coffee sometime though, both for your help and to say sorry."

Jihoon failed to fight the blush when Soonyoung mention the 'help' he had offered. "Oh, that really isn’t necessary."

"Please, Jihoon, I'd really like to make it up to you and I know a place right near the university campus that does amazing coffee. I promise you won't regret it."

"Well..." Jihoon bit his bottom lip, not even bothering to ask how this guy even knew he was near the local uni. He looked at Jeonghan who was twirling a section of hair while chatting away on the line with his familiar kind smile. "Yeah," Jihoon answered. "Okay, sure." Plus, who was he to turn down good free coffee in his borderline poverty-ridden life.

"Great! I only have morning and lunch classes tomorrow so would you be free around three? Tomorrow? Well, I guess it’s today, huh? Or is that too soon, we can a do a different day if—"

"Soonyoung," Jihoon stopped his rambling. "Three is fine, I don't have any classes today." At least he didn't need to ask how old Soonyoung was now. If he was at university and he sounded young the chance of him being a forty year old man was slim.

"Okay, good. Great. I'm really glad you agreed actually…"

Jihoon wasn't sure of Soonyoung meant to say that last part out loud so he saved the other the embarrassment and ignored it. "So, what's the name if this place? So I don't have to search every cafe around campus for you." Jihoon found himself smiling stupidly into the receiver and quickly schooled his expression. This Soonyoung was already too much for him, it really wasn't good for his heart.

"R-right," Soonyoung laughed nervously, "it’s called Pledis Patisserie, the owner is pretty keen on alliterations or so I hear…"

Jihoon knew of the place. He'd even taken Jeonghan there once for his birthday. Once being the operative word because while their coffee might be damn good, it’s also equally as expensive. "I know the one. I'll see you there, tomorrow at three, yeah?"

"Yeah. Oh wait let me give you my number in case you need it." Soonyoung added, waiting for Jihoon to grab a pen before rattling off the numbers. "Great. I can't wait to see you."

Jihoon blinked. 'Can't wait to see you'? What an odd thing to say to someone you hardly know. Still, his body betrayed him once more and those words had him blushing keenly. "Sure, see you tomorrow, Soonyoung."

He hung up before he could embarrass himself any further, pressing his cool hands into his cheeks in attempt to curb the heat.

"Jeonghan~" he whined once the other boy had finished a call.

Jeonghan frowned, scooting closer to Jihoon and trying to tug his hands away from his face, fingers wrapped firmly around his wrists. "What is it? Are you okay? Gonna pass out like last time? Gonna puke? Hoonie, talk to me!" Ah, this was nice. His melodramatic Jeonghan was back.

Jihoon pouted, "You were right. He called. He wanted to meet up."

Jeonghan’s eyes widened, "Seriously?! I'd almost forgotten he was calling. What did he say? What did you say?!"

Jihoon took a breath, reeling himself for his friends typical over reaction. "Well, he apologized and I said it was fine. And then he said he wanted to buy me coffee to thank me and apologize too."

Jeonghan interrupted with a snort of laughter, "'Thanks for helping me find my prostate bro' I wonder if that's a conversation first."

Jihoon rolled his eyes, pursing his lips.

"Sorry, sorry, go on" Jeonghan urged.

"And… I said yes. We’re going to that fancy place I took you last year for your birthday. Then he gave me his number and that was it." Jihoon shrugged.

"Oh my god, Jihoon! I'm so excited for you!" Jeonghan said, voice rising three octaves as he threw his arms around Jihoon’s neck. "Maybe he'll be really great? Wait did you ask him his age like I said?"

Jihoon laughed at the complete 180 in Jeonghan’s expression. "No, I didn't. But he mentioned having classes tomorrow so I know he goes to our uni. And he sounds super young, so..."

"But that's how they get you Jihoon!" Jeonghan cried.

Jihoon sighed. Here we go again.

 


a/n heres to hoping ill wrap this up in the next chap...