(Side Chapter #2) Baekhyun ~ Let's Do That

We Will Meet Again (KaiSoo ft. ChanBaek, HunHan, & SuLay)

Chanyeol and I moved in together, just a few months ago. He moved into my apartment, since we were broke college students that couldn't afford a new apartment. Plus, the pay for the rent was decently low—exactly why I moved there in the first place—so why leave?

We became a married couple shortly after that. No, we haven't had a wedding yet. For the right reasons, like money and the fact I actually want my best friend to be there when we say our vows. But we got our marriage legalized. I could officially call myself Park Baekhyun. It felt so surreal at first, and I—on habit—kept calling myself 'Byun' and not 'Park' for a while. But as time went on, I became accustomed to it.

I was happy.

It's around eleven at night. I'm trying to fall asleep, but something's keeping my eyes sprung open and I don't know what. Chanyeol is holding me close to him, his chest against my back and his soft breaths tickling the nape of my neck. I tried closing my eyes, but they opened again after just a few seconds. Suddenly, Chanyeol shifted and I felt a soft kiss be pressed onto the side of my neck. He kept placing the softest kisses on the back of my neck, down to my shoulders and shoulder blades. An accidental moan left from my mouth. I felt his lips curl up slightly as he kept on.

"What's wrong, Baekkie?" He halted the kissing, pulling me even closer to him.

I don't even know the answer to that. "It's nothing. Just can't sleep, that's all." I decided to keep it at that. "What about you? You're still awake."

He turned me over so I was face to face with him. "I guess we're in the same boat then." I smiled wide, pecking his nose. Chanyeol scrunched it, that same, derpy grin appearing on his face. "What should we do then?"

Knowing exactly what he was thinking, I flicked his forehead. "I don't think so."

"What? I wasn't thinking that~." I cocked an eyebrow up at him, giving him an oh, really?, look. He snorted. "Okay, maybe I was thinking that."

"That's what I thought."

He laughed again and pulled me into his body, my head finding its place in his chest comfortably. Chanyeol's arms closed around my torso, one of his hands fondling in my hair. For a while, we were quiet, finding warmth and comfort in each other's arms. I listened to his steady breathing and heartbeat like it was a sweet melody to my ears. I began to feel myself slip into dreamland. But, Chanyeol's chest vibrated, emitting words from his mouth.

"We should say our vows." He said, bluntly and running his fingers up and down my arm, softly. The gesture caused shivers to move throughout my body.

The moment those words came out of Chanyeol, I shot my head up from his chest, looking at him with widened eyes. "What are you talking about? We're doing that at our wedding, when it happens."

He smiled gently. It was one of his smiles that always succeeded in making my heart melt. "I know, but," he moved strands of my hair from my eyes, "those ones are for our family and closest friends to hear. I want to say them for us. Here and now."

Even if I'm married to this man, and I should be used to this, my heart was thumping fast. "Y-Yeollie–"

"Please, Baek? I want to do it for you and me first, before any of our family or friends can hear them. Just you and me."

"It's late though. We have classes tomorrow and–"

He kissed me quickly. "Screw classes, what's one day?"

The more excuses I came up with, the more he tried to convince me into doing them. And his way of convincing me—kissing me on the lips or parts of my face or continuous ones on my neck—was working well. Soon, he was tickling me and I was laughing hysterically.

"C-Chanyeol, stop!" I squealed, still laughing. He was laughing too, straddling my hips as he ran his hands up and down my sides. "Alright, alright!"

Chanyeol stopped, his hands still at my hips, a giddy glint in his eyes. "Alright, what?"

"Let's do them. For us, and no one else. Here and now."

Chanyeol smiled triumphantly. He got off of me and lay on his side. I moved on my side as well, facing him and smiling at him. He put the blanket on the both of us and took hold of my hand. We were silent a moment to gather our thoughts together. Then he smiled wide again, and broke the silence.

"I don't think words are enough for me to describe how much I love you. Infinitely is used too often. Actually, everything someone could say about how much they love somebody is used way too often. I wish mine could be original because you're special, Baekhyun." That made me smile, my lower lip caught in between my teeth. He grinned back, kissing my knuckles briefly. "I never told you this before, but you're officially my first love. I had a girlfriend when I was twelve, but I was young and there was no real love like I have with you." I felt tears form in my eyes as he said that. "They say your first love never ends well. But you're my first love and I'm married to you. That's pretty ing amazing if you ask me.

"I remember when I first called you over the phone. My God, I was so nervous, Baek. But I was so happy. Knowing you, falling in love with you, everything, I was so happy I was the one that could be yours. Now I'm married to you, and it all seems so surreal, but it's amazing because we're one." At that point, tears had fallen from my eyes. Chanyeol wiped my cheeks with his thumb, smiling and his voice slightly shaky, "Don't cry. I might cry too, love." He placed soft kisses on my tear-drenched cheeks, his lips drying them like a soft hankerchief. Then he kissed countless times on my neck in a way to console me. He lifted his head up, grinning cutely and kissing my forehead. "I love you so much, Baekhyun. So so much."

I couldn't say anything. If the words he said to me when he proposed to me didn't make me speechless, the words he said just now did. I just burrowed my head in the crook of his neck, taking in deep breaths and finding myself calmed down after a while. I lifted my head up again. He smiled at me, kissing me on the mouth sweetly but lingeringly. When he broke away, I threw my arms around his neck. Our foreheads were touching and his breaths were tickling my skin with warmth.

Soon, words seemed to spill of my lips.

"You used to be just another crush that I couldn't even find the right words to say to. Before you, I had boyfriends that left me so soon each time. Just when I thought I was done with love and guys, I saw you. I came everyday so I could at least see you, hoping you'd notice me just once. I find it cute that you were shy as well." I smiled, remembering Kyungsoo taking initiative to go to Chanyeol and give him my number. "I think I owe Kyungsoo big time, for setting us both up. The fact you actually wanted to date me made me feel like the happiest man I could ever be, and now...honestly I'm still trying to get used to being your husband, not just your boyfriend." His eyes gleamed and his face cracked in a smile. "It's hard for me to even describe in words. I didn't think I loved you so much until you proposed to me. I know much better now and I don't want to ever let you go." I saw a single tear fall down his cheek. I kissed it softly, the tear tasting salty, but not overbearingly salty. It kind of surprised me, though. I didn't see him cry often but here he was. "I love you so so much, Chanyeol. I'm so happy to have you and so happy I can call you mine and you can call me yours."

He didn't speak. Rather, his actions spoke many words as he kissed me. The kiss was filled with passion, love, and want. But it was soft and sweet-tasting. His hands grabbed at my hips, pulling my body closer to his until our chests were touching. He broke the kiss after a bit. We both found ourselves smiling at each other. I took a quick glance at the digital alarm clock next to Chanyeol's side. 1:16.

I buried my face in Chanyeol's chest again. He pulled the blanket over our bodies. He kissed the crown of my head, still keeping his arms encased around my waist.

I slurred, yawning a bit, "Let's stay home tomorrow."

I heard him laugh lightly. "Let's do that."

 

a/n 

are you ready for a long epilogue? ;)