Indifference

Waiting.

Tiffany's Perspective 


I went inside the girl's restroom. Looking at the mirror and cursing at myself.
"What the heck did I just say?!" I whispered to myself.
I didn't want her to fall for me, I just wanted to be friends with her, that's all. But Jessica, she messed it all up. I do like Taeyeon, but, I don't know if she'll like me for who I am, not for my money.
Soon the door opened and Jessica came in, joined me in the mirror and smeared her lip gloss on her lips.
"Strawberries and cream, no. 5. Still liking designer stuff huh?" I asked her.
"You still know me." She said. "You're slow, still afraid of making the first moves?"
"Never." I said.
"Psh, never my . After all this time? How can you be so afraid? I could just snatch Taeyeon out of your hands." She said, this time applying eyeliner.
"You won't." I said, fixing my hair. Then turned to face her.
She smirked. "Be wary Steph*, if you're not fast enough, Taeyeon might love me more."
Then she walked out, flipping her hair. I could still smell the same perfume she always uses.
She still calls me Steph, after all that we went through.


Taeyeon's perspective


I felt sluggish, I've put a lot of effort in dressing up like this, and the only reaction I got was "You look great."
What's wrong with her? Was my makeup smudged? Was my hair messy? Do I have a stain?
I groaned in front of my three companions. "It's hopeless, she wouldn't like me as in Like:Like, I'll be stuck in the friend zone for the rest of my life and she'll still be like "meh".
"What the heck is she even interested in?!" I said, exasperated. 
"Personality counts." Yuri says. "And effort."
"SHE IGNORED ME FOR THE PAST FIVE HOURS YUL!!" I loudly exclaimed.
Yoona rolled her eyes. "Seriously, things like these take time Taeng."
"Yup, now go and eat your kimbap Taengoo." Hyoyeon said, giving me a kimbap roll.
I ate in silence.
Why won't she even notice me?

"So, class, I'll be grouping you all into three and I'll be choosing a leader for our next project." My music teacher says. So far, I wish either  Yoona or Yuri was my group mate 
or anyone else, just not those popular kids who wish to copy notes or homework everyday.
"So, The first group is... Im Yoona, Kwon Yuri, and..." I crossed my fingers, hoping that last member was me, until...
"Kim Hyoyeon."
I felt down, of course it's alright, they're in good hands, but what about me?
I crossed my fingers again, hoping that I wouldn't be grouped with...
"Tiffany Hwang, Jessica Jung, and Kim Taeyeon."
My eyes widened. By the end of the class, Jessica approached me and smiled. "So, we're group mates, my princess. I guess we'll be hanging out more."
I blushed and said. "Um, sure."
"Just remember, I'm free at any day, just for you. Okay?"
"O-okay." I stuttered out.
She left and I saw her, looking at Tiffany who was approaching me.
"So, we're group mates huh?" She asked.
"Yeah, we are."
"Do you wanna walk home together?" She asked.
"Sure."
I packed my things, there must still be hope after all.


*Okay, Stephanie, is Tiffany's real English name, so yeah, just sayin. 

So yeah, if you're wondering why I don't have a/n's at the end of each chapter, I'm saving it for the speech chapter hahahahahahaha lolz, sorry for the delay in posting >.<