Listen to Them

Mijoo & Yein
Please log in to read the full chapter

Among all of the things Mijoo hates having to do as the partner of a monster hunter (which includes an inconsistent routine and frequently interrupted sleep), actual hunting itself will always top the list. She truly abhors even the mere thought of driving a wooden stake through the heart of a vampire or generally causing pain to any kind of monster, let alone exterminating it. She simply doesn't want to inflict suffering of any kind onto anyone, including monsters themselves. But sometimes, the behavior and lifestyles of both humans and monsters make it impossible for the two to peacefully coexist. There is no mutual authority presiding over both sides to police their relations either. She understands that. That is why Mijoo accompanies Yein - and occasionally a few other monster hunters as well - on her hunting expeditions: to resolve those inevitable conflicts, with or without the use of force. Unfortunately, it appears that they would often be left with no choice other than the former. Mijoo hates hunting and her hate intensifies as she witnesses its unnecessary violence firsthand.

She would've long quit by now if it weren't for the young monster hunter she has grown rather personally attached to. There is something about Yein that makes Mijoo stay, feet firmly planted on the same ground. Aside from her encouraging smiles at the beginning of a new day or the manner in which she easily curls up beside Mijoo at the end of a grueling night, there is much more to this particular monster hunter. In Jung Yein, Mijoo sees hope. She knows there is potential in Yein that transcends above any feud between humans and monsters, and she is more than willing to remain by her side in order to tap into that potential. While Yein's stance on human-monster relations appears firm at the moment, Mijoo remains optimistic nevertheless. Maybe she'd be able to change her mind one day. Maybe. And it is hope alone that drives her to do the very thing she hates the most.

"Do we really have to kill the werewolf?" Yein quirks a brow upon Mijoo's inquiry, looking up from her trusty bag of silver weapons. They've stationed themselves at this secluded farm located on the outskirts of town since they'd received a call from one of the civilians reporting the possible sighting of a wolf-like creature...right when they were having such a good time at the Full Moon Festival too, Mijoo silently laments. Of course, someone has to ruin the good times, and Mijoo reckons it's a confused, freshly turned stray who has no idea how to discreetly survive in a human-dominated environment. A wiser, experienced werewolf would know how to thrive in the wondrous bask of the full moon as it was. The werewolf in this case must pay for its luckless circumstances with its life.

"What else are we supposed to do with the werewolf then? It's not like we can tame it." Yein

Please log in to read the full chapter