• Chapter Three •

Breaking Solitude

"Remember, we have a test in two weeks on everything we went over today!" The professor called out to the class. I was beyond tired. After an intense morning workout, hours of homework, and 5 hours of classes, I was spent. My stomach felt like there was a whole boring through it on my left side from all the hunger pains. Seeing that it was already 9pm, I decided that I would splurge a little and pick up food so I don't have to cook when I get back to my dorm. 

"What to eat...what to eat.." I barely audibly said to myself as I finished gathering my books and placing them into my backpack. As I was walking out the door and into the crisp air I pulled my cardigan tighter around me. Though it was fairly late for classes to be finishing up, there was still a slight buzz to be felt in the air. I made my way down the large cement steps and onto the path that would lead me off campus. I put my headphones in place, and let 'bad blood' by Nao flow through my eardrums as I stepped on to the city bus, that I would only take for a few stops. I flashed the driver my student ID, which let me on for free. Luckily I found an open row halfway to the back of the bus, where I quickly rooted myself down on the window seat. A slight dusk had started to settle upon the city, giving everything look a little more hazy, and the city lights look a little more vibrant. 

Minutes later I stepped off of the bus, and into little Korea town, where there was the best little restaurant, Mr.Kim's.  I walked through the front door where Namjoon, one of the cute employees greeted me.

"How many in your party tonight?" He asked in an adorable smile. I wasn't one to catch a crush easily, but ever since I moved here and discovered this place, I've had a slight one on Namjoon, though I would never admit it to anyone. 

"Jus to a to-go order tonight," I replied. He nodded and then proceeded to ask for my order so he could let the chef know .

"Just some bulgogi and rice please" I said to him,

"Yeah, sure thing it should be ready in a few minutes, feel free to have a seat" 

I nodded and took a seat in an empty booth by the door. The place seemed to be pretty slow for the time being. I opted to place one headphone back into my ears while I zoned out playing a game on my phone. After a few minutes I looked around the restaurant to see a cute waitress around my age. She had her hair tied back into a low bun with some curls falling out. She was carrying a huge platter to a table full of young twenty something guyspecial who seemed more than pleased to see thier food. One guy said something to the waitress to make a slight blush appear on her cheeks. 

"Micah, here's your order," Namjoon said. I thanked him and waved goodbye as I took my food and left.

Just within the short time I was in the restaurant the temperature decided it was okay to drop rapidly. By the time the bus stop came into view, fat rain drops had started to fall. Unfortunately for me, I had left my umbrella in my dorm. I rushed to the end of the block where the covered bus stop was waiting for me.  With each passing minute the rain came down harder and harder.  A muffledeep notification rang from my phone, informing me that the bus I need  is running 15 minutes behind schedule. 

I took a deep breath and held my food close to me, hoping to keep whatever warmth it had  in its place. A black car pulled infront of the bus stop,

"Hey, Mican right?" A deep voice yelled through the window. I instinctively tensed and stooped over slightly to see the owner of the voice. My eyes slightly rounded. How in the heck does this guy keep poping up? 

" Are you heading back to campus? Let me give you a ride," Chanyeol boomed out. 

"Thanks for the offer but no thanks," I said politely, not wanting to spend anymore time with this guy than needed.  

" Come on, you can wait and take the 30 minutes bus ride, or walk 40 minutes in this rain, or hop in and be home inow 15 minutes."  I stared at him, trying to figure out if he had any other wierd motives, while considering that he is right. it's a 30 minutes bus ride on a bus that won't even be here for 10 more minutes. 

" I know we got off on a wierd start, but that doesn't mean we can't end up friends right?" Chanyeol deep voice boomed out .  I took another pause to stare at him, scanning his face for any sign of a double motive. 

"Think of it this way, if you stand here in the rain, your food is going to get cold...not to mention that you're going to get sick..." He trailed off with a slight playfulness to his voice. This, unfortunately got to me. I could deal with cold food, but balancing classes, assignments, a job, and being sick?  

I let out a deep sigh and a small nod while I opened the passenger sidedoor.  The interior of his car was nice, a little too nice for a struggling college kid, so it's obvious that this guy was well off. I took a seat on the black leather, letting my wet plastic take out bag sit on my lap as I clicked the seat belt.   A smooth R&B song with a thick bass poured out of the speakers, making Chanyeol sighting Bob his head to the rhythm. 

"Which dorm do you live in?" He questioned as he sped off down the busy Seattle street towards our shared campus. 

"Parrington Gates building" I replied while looking out the window.  By this time, the heat from the car had started to penetrate into my once drenched bones. The smell of sandalwood and lavender  was overwhelming. I'm frustrated to admit to myself that the scent calmed yet invigorated me.  I took a deep breathe, letting myself savor the smell and feeling for a second, before Chanyeol tried to start up some small talk with me. As if on cue, as soon as she is exhaled his voice could be heard bouncing astound my eardrums.

" What's your major?" He said while tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of Material Girl by the Weeknd. 

"I major in Medicine," I said confidently, not wanting this guy to have a single clue to how he gets under my skin.

"What's your major?" I questioned back

"I'm a double major," He said said on nonchalantly.  This however, highly peaked my interest. My stone faced façade instantly dropped as my head whipped to face him.

You're double major?" I asked, my voice thickly laced with disbelief. A double major was extremely uncommon. You had to get permission from the head of the school board herself, which was nearly impossible, unless you had straight A's since preschool and family money to back you up. 

"Don't sound so shocked Micah, yeesh." He replied with a light chuckle. 

"Double majors aren't unheard of, just a little difficult to come by."

"After little difficult to come by? I have been trying to get approved for approved double major since before my Freshman year. How did you get to have a double major?"

" So look who wants to chat me up now" Chanyeol said, a smirk highly evident on his next to flawless face. Instantly I straighted made back and tore my gaze from him to look out the window, letting my natural defenses build back up. 

"Nevermind," I mumbled cooly with a small sigh.

"Don't clam up on me now Micah. You're cute when you get excited." After blush rushed to my Carmel colored cheeks. 

"I have decent grades, and some decent connections in high places," He finally slipped out after a few seconds of not speaking. Connections in high places? Family money.

"You got a double major off decent grades?" I said quizzically, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Okay, maybe a little better than decent," He said as the car pulled to a stop.

"How about I tell you more about it over dinner tomorrow night?" Chanyeol said with a heart-stopping smile. I stared at him for at second, before letting a smile slowly paint my face. Making sure I was keeping my eyes locked onto his mesmerizing brown ones, I took a small breath.

"Oh Chanyeol," I said bashfully, "No." I let out a airy chuckle as I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbing my takeout bag. 

"No? " He said in shock, obviously not use to his advances being rejected.

"Thanks for the ride home Chanyeol," I said with a tight smile that i fought to hold back, as I opened the car door and got out. 

"But i gave you a ride home, you owe me dinner!" He called out after me. Instead of acknowledging him with a reaponse i simply halfway turned around to throw him a wave goodbye, as i ran up the steps to the enterance of my dorm apartments.  

__________________________________________

Sorry for the late update! Let me know how you guys are enjoying the story so far! 

Im so sorry for any wierd typos guys, im updating on my phone and auto-replace has been fighting me! (Especially because this keyboard keeps wanting to replace words with random run on sentences:/ ) .hopefully everything is understandable!