•Chapter Two•

Breaking Solitude

"...78..79..80." I heavily breathed out as I collapsed onto the floor momentarily to catch my breath. I count to 10 before hopping up and going over to the weights. I grab a bar and put the 10lbs rings on each side of it. Before I get into position I wipe the sweat from my forehead, neck, and hands. Then I ready myself as I lift the bar to rest on my shoulders. As I power through my final set of squats Bei Maejor's 'Fitness' blasts into my eardrums and motivates me to keep going. I make it a habit to look up at the ceiling whenever my workout station is infront of the mirrors. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people check themselves out while they work on their bodies, it's a breeding ground ground for narcissism. However, for a moment I look at the mirror just to make sure i'm keeping the correct form. My mess of curls is lazily in a bun on the top of my head, with lots of spiral coils poping out in every which way, including some being plastered onto my forehead that's glazed over with a layer of sweat, which isn't localized to any area, but spreads over my entire physique, making my tan Carmel colored skin glisten; due to the fact I upped my usual amount of reps in each set, and added an additional 3 sets to my workout this morning; I was practically glowing with the grotesque amount of sweat that encased my body. I easily take my glance off of my self and return it back to the ceiling as I mentally count my reps.  Soon enough I finish up my set. I throw the bar on the ground and shake my legs, trying get to get rid of the soreness.  I take a giant drink from my large pink waterbottle and throw the towel around my neck. I then proceed to stretch out my muscles.

I head to the locker area and grab my gym bag before I walk out. I tie my back tight to my body, then proceed to jog the half mile back to my dorm.

As soon as I reach my dorm room I throw my bag onto the floor and grab a clean Towl out of a stark white laundry basket that is full of yet to be folded laundry. Even though I currently live alone,  I close the bathroom door behind me, and proceed to peel the sweaty shorts and sports bra from my soaked body and hop into the loving embrace of a shower, that will transform me from a smelly sweaty gym rat to a sweet smelling calme woman.  As the water hits me it not only pulls off the dirt that covers my skin, but the tension from my shoulders, and the muddled thoughts of errands I have to run and assignments I have to complete.  

 Ensuing my relaxing and refreshing shower, I get dressed and opt to snack on some almonds while I finish my homework.

A few hours later, all of my assignments are complete. I looked athrough the time to see if have 30 minutes to get to my 4pm class.  I grabbed a thick grey cardigan from my closet and threw my hair into a high bun and slipped on floral flats. I checked my self once over in the mirror and then headed out the door to my class. 

I slipped into the classroom with 5 minutes to spare. I quickly scan the room to find an empty seat. To my dismay, all of the students got here early, and it was nearly impossible to find an open seat.  After a few seconds I finally found one near the back, unfortunately near the middle. As soon as I sat down, I take my things out to get ready for the class.

"Excuse me, would it be okay if I borrowed a pen?" A male voice said. I looked over to my right to see the same guy that has been in my other two classes. I look at him with a quizical look, but end up nodding and giving him an old blue pen that's been swimming around at the bottom of my backpack. 

"Thanks" He said withe a nod. The rest of the class went smoothly and with 12 pages of color coded notes to show for it.  The last 10 minutes of class was given to look over notes.

"Thanks for the pen," The mystery  guy said,

"And by the way, what's your name?" I stared at him for a second, looking over his face. He has a straight nose and a strong jaw line with thick lips and eyelashes to match. Today he had a hat on again, but this time I could notice the small, what looked like man struggle ponytail coming out the back of his hat. 

"Micah, " I said back to him as I started putting my things away.

" I'm Chanyeol, so Micah, tell me... how did you figure out about my excuse yesterday?" He said leaning in closer to me. The scent of his Cologne overwhelmed me in the most bittersweet way. I was flustered with myself for even noticing his scent let alone letting it get in my head, and i didnt like it one bit. I didnt like this guy, and after being with him for a few seconds he seems transparent and shallow. Its obvious that he tries to skate by on looks and charm rather than any smarts he might posses. Instead of answering his question I simply shrugged and stood up,

" I'm going to be late for my next class." I uttered as I gave him a nod and started to walk out when a hand wrapped itself around my arm. My body went rigid as I roughly pulled my arm free of the grasp. 

"You can't just walk away,"  Chanyeol called out,

"Watch me," I said back in a cold voice. I hoisted my bag onto my back and proceeded down the flight of stairs to the front of the lecture hall, and then out the door into the busy wide hallway.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sorry for the short rushed chapter! I';; do better next time(: