Part 1: Left Behind

Do I?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Warning: The use of profanity. Sorry for that, guys. I need it to live up the plot. Also, well, we always need a bad guy, right? Maybe I know nothing about this certain person, so let's just think that it is merely a fiction. Ok?

 

Part 1: Left Behind

Right. December was always cold as Park Teddy recalled. It’s that kind of month that would bring your mood dull and somehow nearing blue. Maybe for its strong wind, or perhaps the cloudy sky, or probably because of its unfriendly snow. He tightened the hold of his hot Espresso before walking out the airport café and going straight to his rented black SUV. He’s shivering under his Nike jacket and he blamed his mood for starting a mess even before his journey was started. This certain producer had a mission and even though he detested it, he had to settle things he ruined a year ago, carrying both determination and guilt.

Jeju didn’t look pleasant today, or maybe every day since December hit it. The snow rain didn’t help much, maybe he would stop overly bragging about this island when he came back to the city. And to his little luck, his journey was still long.

It’s his limit that permitted him to come this far from the busy capital. He had to. After all, it’s a mess he created. It’s definitely not easy for this guy, he clenched his jaw several times just to remain him how selfish and dumb the person he would deal with, and settling things between them would be certainly not … yeah, easy. Bold in his conception that what he did last year was right, it was what he should do, even with this impact, even when he had to swallow his ego and drag him back, even though no one knew how much he hated it.

Heaving a cold air, he stood in front of a familiar property he used to come every summer. Of course he knew he’s here, everyone knew, and surely they all failed. He pulled up his left hand to press the villa’s bell while his other hand was busy holding a folded magazine.

Soon after the door was opened, he was welcomed by a fifty something years old woman, a woman he respected a lot, a mother of his best friend. She had that certain smile, a thin one, but it looked somehow sad. He knew, she’s expecting him, she’s always expecting everyone to come, to help.

“He’s upstairs,” she said, informing him with the same smile. And he nodded lightly, coming closer to hug this warm mother.

“I will bring him back, Ommoni, don’t worry.” He assured, and earned an expectant look. Her smile got a bit loosened, she knew she shouldn’t hope much, but knowing it’s Teddy’s turn, she hoped this time would be succeeded.

Time to hold tight his determination finally came, Teddy tightened the grip of his magazine before he pushed open a door in front of him.

And there he earned a scoff right when he had his first step.

“Wow, look who’s coming,” that’s how his best friend welcomed him, cold and certainly contentless.

Lying on his oversized couch, the leader of Bigbang had his hands busy with a controller, playing a certain car racing game he had repeated countless times. He barely saw Teddy, but he knew he would come, everyone knew, and he believed they had their bet on this guy. He didn’t, though.

Arching the tip of his lips, Teddy had expected this kind of greeting. He knew Jiyong too well.

“So how does it feel—” he walked closer, his voice was unaffected, “you enjoy wasting your time?”

“It’s good, better than your life, I believe. And I’m completely expert on this,” Jiyong replied coldly, sending a certain warning how bold his defense was.

Sitting on Jiyong’s bed, Teddy was only five feet away from him, and with only one look up their eyes could definitely meet. But Jiyong remained still, Teddy believed he’s determined to ignore him. But it’s fine, he had plenty of time anyway.

“Is this … how you shut everyone out?” Teddy replied with a question. He thought it’s best just straight to his point. If he’s allowed, he would just use physical approach, knowing Jiyong was way weaker than him. But then of course he couldn’t, Jiyong’s mom was downstairs and he believed no mother liked to see their son was in danger. “Daesung said, you didn’t even let him speak. That’s just … not you, dude.”

“Well, I’m surprised you’re surprised.”

“Boss wants you to come back,” Teddy tried something else.

“He didn’t say anything like that the last time I texted him,” Jiyong acted indifferently.

“And when was that, six months ago? Before you turn off your phone, and rot here?” Teddy inhaled rather quickly, “you know he can sue you.”

“Sure, sue me, then. You’re not that stupid to know I can settle things down.”

“Wow … wow. So this is what you gain after hiding for eleven months? You maybe don’t know this, but no one is on your side, Jiyong. They’re sick of you and your pathetic sulking. You’re just being a coward this whole time. I wonder how you settle things down.”

Finally Jiyong glanced up, certainly breaking his plan to ignore this certain intruder.  The moment he met his used to be favorite hyung’s eyes, Teddy could see a legit anger on his gaze. “Hyung… oh wait, you have to know how I hate calling you ‘Hyung’ now.” and his voice wasn’t telling lie, “Look, I believe you know you’re only wasting your time here, so just off and don’t ever come back!”

“And I believe you also know I’m immune to your childish request.” Teddy smirked, knowing well his battle was started up. “See this,” he said before throwing the magazine he brought from Seoul.

Jiyong didn’t even budge to glance at the now lying magazine on his glass table. His angry stare remained strong, determined to burn this guy away, if only he could. And Teddy completely understood that, Jiyong hated him, even when he believed he didn’t deserve it. This kid had to know that everything he did was for him, and how much he hated him for doubting his earnest intention.

“Okay, I’ll read it for you then,” Teddy rose up from the bed, walking to Jiyong and grabbed the magazine. “Listen well, Ji.”

Jiyong didn’t feel right for whatever it’s coming. But he hid his anxiety well under his cold mask. He was trained to be this static, to control his feeling under his eyes, and he’s sure he could handle it. And when Teddy began, he rolled his eyes, deciding to be back to his game.

“Jung Eunji, Love and Passion. It’s title.”

There was then a sudden heat swimming inside his ears, coming down to his throat, and holding tight on his chest. Damn. Just catching her name, he experienced such painful pang on his bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter