Turmoil

Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-There's a fine line, between love and hate and I don't mind, so let me ask, do you like that?-

o

It could have been minutes, it could have been months before she was shaken out of her stupor by an obliviously happy Somi. That's right, in all that had happened, she managed to forget that the younger girl had already been on the way to pick her up before Doyeon had strolled into her office without a care in the world. 

"Unnie!  Are you okay, you look a little out of it..." Somi enquired, never moving her hand from it's spot on her shoulder, something she was sure was done subconsciously as a confort mechanism even if she didn't know it was necessary yet. 

"I--," she shut again, rethinking her automatic response of 'I'm Fine' because she didn't want to lie, even if her lie would ultimately make the younger girl feel better. "I don't know..." Her eyes trailed around the room, purposefully avoiding the concerned gaze that would instantly pick out the warring emotions in her eyes like she always could. More than anything, Yoojung wanted to forget ever part of the new information that she'd just come by. 

Sure, it hurt being away from Doyeon. It was like there was a huge gaping hole in her chest that wouldn't heal, no matter how much time passed. Instead, she learned to live around the missing component in her life, because even if she wasn't truly living, at least she wasn't wasting away, waiting for a ghost from her past that wasn't inclined to return. Ever. Even if her mind was constantly stuck on a chill autumn evening, laying back and pretending to watch the clouds while covertly observing the beautiful girl that lay beside her. Yoojung couldn't live because her soul was stuck in a time where things between her and Doyeon were perfect and worry free. 

That's were Somi came in really. Yoojung had met Somi when she was nineteen at a bar after she'd just flunked out of her AP Chem class by walking out of the exam half way through. It had been a particularly bad day. She was a loner on the best of days but she'd dreamt about them that night and waking up alone had put her in a foul mood. All day she snapped at strangers and refused to speak to the few acquaintances that she actually had and to top it all off, the person behind her in her exam wouldn't stop whispering and the professor wasn't doing anything to stop it. So she snapped. She stood up, yelled and threw her paper to the ground before stomping out and not looking back. 

She didn't really remember how she'd ended up at the bar but she wasn't surprised either, it wasn't the first time she'd turned to alcohol in an attempt to drown out her sorrows and it most definitely wouldn't be the last. 

Somi had been innocently celebrating her eighteenth birthday with a small group of friends when Yoojung had tripped and managed to fling her drink down the young girls pretty dress. In th  state of mind she was in, she'd made some crude remark about how the dress would look better on the floor anyway instead of apologising but instead of cringing away, the girl was giggled and said 'wouldn't you like to know.'

One thing had led to another and somehow they'd ended up back at Yoojung's apartment and although neither of them actually remembered sleeping together the next morning, they both knew that it had happened. 

After that, they'd clung to each other. In Yoojung's case, she's used Somi as an emotional support pillar, someone who was always there when she needed her, always just a phone call away. For Somi, perhaps she just enjoyed feeling needed but the arrangement worked fine for the both of them and they'd moved in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter