New Acquaintances

Maybe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-In which Doyeon is shocked and Yoojung sticks her foot in -

-Π-

There's no easy way to admit that you were wrong so both of them take the easy way out and don't. They part ways with a mutual understanding that they ed up and they'll most likely never see each other again. Neither are okay with that idea but they don't show it. 

~8 Years Later~

Today is like any other day. People come and go and Yoojung tries her hardest not to show her frustration with those who think they're better than her. 

Sometimes she wishes she hadn't followed her dream to become a teacher because she often feels as though she doesn't actually have the patience to deal with children and their parents (because the two come as a package deal). There's nobody around to tell her not to give up but she's still not willing to fill that spot, the only person that she ever let close enough to see her insecurities behind the callous mask. 

There's Somi of course, but she's just a close friend (and maybe a little more sometimes) and although she knows that the younger girl will always be willing to listen to her worries, she holds it all in because of her selfish and childish desire to keep everyone behind a wall so that she doesn't get hurt again. So to say, nobody really knows the real Choi Yoojung but they seem pleased enough with the one that exists now. 

It's Somi that texts her now, asking when she'll get off work so that they can meet. The message is no different from any other day but the thought that somebody is thinking about her sends a warm sensation through her body.

She keeps her response short because she knows that Somi will come to meet her regardless of what she says, not that she minds the little bit of comfort that the meeting will provide.

Somi's a good kid and sometimes Yoojung feels kind of like she's using her and those rare moments make her despise herself, but the way she smiles so radiantly whenever they meet brushes all her worriea away instantly and she knows the younger girl will be sad if they ever stop meeting for any reason.

She resolves to never leave so that she never has to see another one of her precious people cry.

It hurts and she doesn't think she'd be able to take seeing it again.

~♥~

 When three o clock rolks around all of the parents filter in to collect their whiny children and Yoojung stands in the corner, nodding politely and answering any queries that the adults might have about what occ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter