Normalizing Things

Why Min Yoongi No Longer Hesitates To Apologise First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung!” Jimin exclaimed, sounding horrified. The tops of his cheeks turned pink with embarrassment. He was staring at Yoongi who was sitting on the other end of the bed, his small eyes wide and his lips bitten red. His face was red, his eyes were puffy and his nose was red too. Tears clung to his long eyelashes and fell onto his cheeks when he blinked. He looked so vulnerable and scared that Jimin knew that in spite of his obvious mortification at the accusation, he had to try to get Yoongi to calm down first.

“Hyung, please listen to me.” Jimin requested and Yoongi turned his gaze from the bed to Jimin’s eyes.

He had his knees drawn to his chest and was now looking at Jimin warily.

“I won’t_ I won’t touch you, I swear.” Jimin stated and breathed deeply several times.

He was freaking out.

“I won’t_ I won’t get you p-pregnant or anything.” He went on, feeling like his whole face was burning up.

Yoongi bit his lower lip and looked away, his face red with embarrassment.

Jimin continued when Yoongi remained silent, sliding closer hesitantly.

“We’ll get through this, okay? Please don’t cry? Please just_ just calm down, okay?” He asked and reached out to pat Yoongi’s head, hoping that Yoongi would let him.

“I’m not your dog, Jimin.” Yoongi said at once but he didn’t look too affronted when Jimin touched his hair gently.

He looked slightly better in Jimin’s opinion. He sighed in relief and took Yoongi’s hand in his own and looked into Yoongi’s beautiful eyes.

“We don’t know how this has happened but we’ll get through it, I promise. Don’t_ please don’t freak out on me, okay? I know you’re scared_ I would be too if I was in your place but you have me. I’ll do whatever I can for you. I’ll get a job so you don’t have to go out just yet, okay? I’ll even talk to Namjoon hyung and Hoseok hyung so don’t worry about that. Jin hyung, Tae and Kookie will help us out too. You don’t worry in the slightest_ hyung, please don’t cry!?”

Jimin moved forward and pulled Yoongi in for a bone crushing hug, wondering what he could have said this time.

“Did I upset you again?” He asked worriedly.

“N-no. You’re too good for me, Chim. I don’t deserve you.” Yoongi said. Jimin’s shirt was going to be soaked with his tears.

Jimin blinked stupidly.

Huh?

“Hyung, don’t be ridiculous!” He scolded, tightening his hold on Yoongi.

“But I d-don’t. What right did I have to ask you to keep the house clean when I’m barely at home? I-I never tried to help you out and kept talking about how hard I worked_ all rubbish_ you’ve done so much_ and you’re such a wonderful person, you made food for me_”

“_Hyung, please_ you’re embarrassing me_”

“_And I swore when we moved in together that I would support us because I want you to fulfil your dreams. I want you to live a life you want to live. I’m a horrible person_”

Jimin groaned in frustration and lifted Yoongi’s face off of his shoulder. He was thankful that Yoongi was no longer crying but his eyes were filled with self loathing. Yoongi looked away from Jimin.

“I’m sorry, Jimin. I swear I’ll try to understand you better from now on. I won’t yell at you unnecessarily. I’ll help you to clean the house and to cook. I’m sorry for the way I’ve been.”

“Please stop apologising!” Jimin begged.

He was so frustrated. One minute Yoongi was afraid of him, one minute he was angry with him, one minute he was crying and the next minute he was apologising.

It was so unlike Yoongi that for a minute Jimin felt like his boyfriend had turned into an altogether different person and not just been put into the body of a woman.

He had always hoped that one day Yoongi would apologise first instead of waiting for Jimin to say “I’m sorry.”, but the way Yoongi was apologising made him feel guilty for ever wanting it.

“Jimin, I’m sorr_”

Yoongi never got to complete his sentence because Jimin knew he was going to get angry if Yoongi said those words again, so he cut his words off by crashing his lips on Yoongi’s and causing him to freeze momentarily.

Yoongi’s lips tasted of his tears and were swollen because of how much he had chewed on them all day, but they were softer than ever before and the curve of them was familiar.

Jimin had been unnecessarily forceful at first because of his rising temper but it receded quickly when Yoongi wrapped his arms around his neck to pull him closer.

The anger quickly turned into desperation. It felt like they hadn’t kissed for months when in fact, it had only been a week.

A torturous week. Jimin remembered how much he had regretted not kissing Yoongi more while staying at Taehyung’s.

Jimin wrapped his arms around Yoongi’s waist and deepened the kiss, pushing him down on the bed and straddling his hips. Yoongi gasped when Jimin’s tongue darted inside his parted lips and moaned softly, his fingers raking through Jimin’s hair and tugging at them.

Jimin’s answering moan was almost feral and it sent chills down Yoongi’s spine. Heat began to pool in his belly. Jimin’s tongue became even hotter and more persuasive and Yoongi didn’t bother trying to take the lead. Jimin left his mouth momentarily and nibbled on the soft skin of Yoongi’s neck, causing louder moans to spill from his mouth.

He was surprised, not to mention annoyed when Jimin pulled away abruptly.

“W-what’s wrong?” He asked breathlessly, staring up at Jimin.

The scene was so similar to what happened whenever they had a fight and made up that he had forgotten for a moment that things had changed and was reminded of it when he looked at Jimin’s concerned eyes.

“Are you okay?” Jimin asked.

He sat up and Yoongi scowled at him, making the corner of his lips turn upwards.

“What, you think I’m too fragile now?” Yoongi demanded and Jimin smiled fully.

“You were afraid I’d get you pregnant.” He reminded and was rewarded with Yoongi’s blushing visage.

“No one gets pregnant by kissing!” The red faced Yoongi protested and Jimin could only chuckle.

“And yet you were afraid when I hadn’t even kissed you yet.” He teased and was shoved in the chest response.

Yoongi was annoyed at the abrupt end of something that he had craved for so long and something that had made him feel so good (for a change) but he gave up all the same, knowing that Jimin wouldn’t push his limits even if he didn’t state them.

He sighed in defeat instead and Jimin got off the bed.

“Are you hungry?” Jimin asked, pushing the fringe out of Yoongi’s eyes and letting his hand linger on Yoongi’s cheek,

Even that gesture was enough to fill his empty belly with butterflies.

Yoongi nodded fervently. “I haven’t eaten since last night and it was horrible, I almost puked and I felt so sick.” Yoongi complained and Jimin had to bite his lip to stop himself from smiling.

This was familiar too. Whenever Yoongi and he had a fight and he went over to Taehyung’s, Yoongi was always extra in his need for affection when he came back.

Complaining about the food or about how he couldn’t find anything in Jimin’s absence was a regular occurrence.

“I’ll cook something for us.” Jimin told Yoongi and pressed a kiss to his forehead. “Brush your teeth.” He added with a smirk and left the room.

Yoongi was instantly mortified, even though he knew Jimin didn’t mind.

He hadn’t done anything normal all day, apart from having a bath.

He sighed and got off the bed and into the bathroom.

He looked at the mirror unintentionally when he walked in and found that he couldn’t look away.

Will I look like this for the rest of my life? He wondered.

He picked up his toothbrush, eyes still on the mirror, feeling awful until Jimin’s beautiful voice carried from the kitchen.

He was singing a song to himself.

Yoongi noticed that he looked somewhat prettier when he smiled.

 

 

 

“Start talking.” Jin said to Namjoon as soon as he had sat down at the dining table and folded his arms.

Hoseok’s eyes were wide and were on Namjoon.

Namjoon could tell what they were saying without having to look at Hoseok.

You went on a date with this beautiful man?! How the hell did he agree?

Namjoon cleared his throat and kicked Hoseok under the table, making him curse.

“What the hell, Namjoon?! Oh, right. Sorry.. Um. I have a friend whose name is noona.” He began awkwardly and Jin’s eyebrow shot up immediately.

“That’s not her real name!” Hoseok explained hastily and Namjoon swallowed the urge to bang his head on the table.

He was supposed to convince Jin that though what they had done was wrong, they had done it with good intentions but from the insecure way Hoseok was speaking, he doubted that Jin would want to waste another minute listening.

“Hobi_” He began and Hoseok cut him off with an “Okay, okay!”

“She is a witch.” Hoseok told Jin.

“A witch.” Jin repeated sarcastically.

This time, Namjoon did bang his head on the table.

“Let me explain.” He said, after he had lifted his head and rubbed at it, cursing Hoseok mentally for owning hard, expensive furniture that seemed more like it was made of solid rock than wood.

He didn’t notice the fond expression that Jin had on momentarily.

“I know it sounds unrealistic but you have to believe us, Jin hyung.” Namjoon said seriously, his eyes on Jin’s.

Jin had to stop himself from blushing under Namjoon’s intense gaze and could only nod in response.

“You saw on TV that hyung looked like a girl, didn’t you?” Namjoon asked and Jin nodded warily.

“Good.” Namjoon said, feeling somewhat relieved. “Hoseok’s friend_ she goes by the name ‘Noona’, is a real magician.”

He didn’t have to look at Jin’s face to feel the scepticism rolling off him.

“She makes potions, illusions and can turn Chihuahuas into wolves.” Namjoon went on with a red face, praying that Jin wouldn’t suggest mental asylums for the two of them.

When he met Jin’s gaze, the oldest looked sceptical but was silent, willing Namjoon to continue talking.

“Yoongi hyung was depressed for a long time.” Namjoon defended himself and sighed. “I didn’t believe in it either but Hoseok knows her for a long time now and apparently she’s quite helpful. We went to meet her day before yesterday and after inquiring about the situation; she gave us a potion that she asked us to mix into Yoongi hyung’s food. The reason I asked you to get Jimin to meet Yoongi hyung today is because she told us that in order for it to work, they had to meet today.”

“And she didn’t tell you what it would do?” Jin asked sardonically, speaking at last. “You just agreed to mix something into my best friend’s food? What if it had been poisonous?”

Namjoon flushed but tried to explain himself. “She sounded genuine, I swear.. I know it sounds reckless but Hoseok has used stuff given by her on me before and it never hurt me! Much... I asked her if something out of the ordinary would happen and she said...” He trailed off and chewed on his lip.

“She said what?” Jin asked.

“That something extraordinary would happen..” Namjoon said, his voice barely audible.

Jin scoffed but he didn’t look too angry.

“So that’s why he changed into a woman?” He asked the two and Namjoon stared at him, not daring to believe that Jin had bought their story. It sounded completely insane, after all. Namjoon knew that he hadn’t explained properly, hadn’t said half the things he should have but it wouldn’t matter if Jin believed them.

“Do you believe us?” Hoseok asked and Jin stared from one face to another before nodding slightly.

“I can’t think of any other reason.. Although I still think that they could have been trying something.. ..”

Namjoon breathed out in relief.

“We’re sorry.” Hoseok said on his behalf and Namjoon hurried to say the same.

“We really are. We just wanted to do something to help Yoongi hyung.” Namjoon added sincerely and Jin couldn’t help the small smile that escaped him.

“Even if what you guys did was mental.. You at least did something, unlike me.” Jin said and frowned. “Anyway, who is calling that Noona?”

Both Namjoon and Hoseok’s eyes snapped at each other.

“Well?” Jin asked curiously and Hoseok groaned when Namjoon communicated through his eyes alone that, I explained to Jin hyung so you have to make the call.

“I’ll do it.” He said and gulped before getting up to fetch the card noona had given him.

 

 

Yoongi was greeted with Jimin’s disapproving look when he entered the kitchen, clutching his food deprived stomach.

“What?” He asked as Jimin glared at him.

“Hyung!” He scolded and Yoongi’s eyes widened. “The vegetables, the meat, the eggs. Everything is spoilt! Did you even open the refrigerator?” Jimin demanded and Yoongi slapped his forehead as he remembered.

“I.. Forgot.” He said in a small, sheepish voice and was startled when Jimin lifted his chin and looked into his eyes.

“Did you survive on junk alone?” Jimin admonished mildly and Yoongi had to work to keep his gaze from falling to Jimin’s plump lips.

He forgot to answer and Jimin took the lack of it as a confirmation.

“I had to order Pizza.” He told Yoongi and Yoongi’s lower lip jutted out at once.

“It’s your own fault.” Jimin said and Yoongi considered throwing a fit before thinking better of it.

He didn’t want to take advantage of how much Jimin was spoiling him but he loved the feeling too much not to try.

“But I wanted to eat something you had made.” He told Jimin, his pout even more prominent now.

Jimin moved closer, fingers still on his chin, and for a moment Yoongi thought that Jimin was going to kiss him again, so he looked up with rising anticipation but all Jimin did was push the hair out of his eyes, again.

“I think you need a proper haircut, hyung.” Jimin said.

Yoongi glared at Jimin and was graced with his smirk.

“You’re unfair, Park Jimin.” He said and sat at the dining table.

The doorbell rang and Yoongi got up immediately to go and get the pizza but Jimin shook his head.

“I don’t need Pizza delivery boys ogling at you.” Jimin said before going to get the door himself.

“Your pizza, sir.” Yoongi heard the delivery boy say.

“Thank you.” Jimin said.

“You’re going to have that alone?” The delivery boy added and Yoongi had to stop himself from going out with a knife.

“Jimin darling. Come. Back. Fast.” He called and that effectively shut the delivery boy’s questions.

Jimin returned with a playful smirk and placed the pizza on the table.

For all of his complaints, Yoongi didn’t waste even a minute waiting once the food had arrived. He lifted the lid and picked up a slice, stuffing it in his mouth even though it was scalding hot and burned the roof of his mouth.

“You couldn’t have called me oppa?” Jimin asked wistfully, playing with the tips of Yoongi’s new, longer hair.

Yoongi continued to chew but stared at Jimin instead of the pizza box and found Jimin staring at his hair, sporting a fascinated look.

“Do you like it?” He asked Jimin after he had chewed.

“Like what?” Jimin asked, running his fingers through Yoongi’s hair.

“My hair?”

“I’ve always loved your hair.”

“You look like you like the fact that it’s longer.”

“It suits you.”

“So you like it?” Yoongi asked and was answered by Jimin’s smile.

“Yeah.” Jimin said.

“But you wanted me to cut it.” Yoongi reminded Jimin and Jimin frowned and shook his head.

“Don’t.. It makes you look pretty.”

“I’m a man, remember?” Yoongi said with no real annoyance and Jimin picked up a slice himself.

“I like pretty men.” He said after some time.

Yoongi scoffed but blushed at the indirect compliment nonetheless.

 

 

The phone rang twelve times and each time the ringing paused, Hoseok felt like he was going to die. He opened his mouth at each interval, ready to start talking, and shut it when the ring interrupted him.

When the phone was finally answered, he paused one second to see if the ringing would continue and then spoke so fast that it would be surprising if he was understood.

“Noonapleasedontsendyourwolvesitsmehoseok!”

“Didn’t you read the card, Hoseok?” Noona’s voice spilled through the speaker and Hoseok felt relief which didn’t last long.

“I thought you knew what would happen if you called me on a Sunday.” Noona said and Hoseok chewed on his nails.

“Noona, it’s Namjoon.” Namjoon said quickly and waited for Noona to speak.

She scoffed. “I thought I heard your breathing. Who is with you two?”

Jin looked surprised and wary at being called out.

“It’s-it’s my friend.. Jin hyung.” Namjoon answered embarrassedly and avoided Jin’s gaze.

“Alright.. This better be worth my time or my dogs will be feasting on you three tonight.” Noona said and Jin’s mouth fell open in surprise although the other two just grimaced at the words.

“Yoongi hyung_ we saw a video of him_ he was.. He looked like a woman..” Namjoon said and the three of their eyes widened when they heard noona’s triumphant chuckle.

“It worked!” She cheered to herself. “He doesn’t look like a woman. He is a woman from now on.”

“WHAT? FROM NOW ON?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!” Jin demanded, not bothering to contain his anger.

Both Namjoon and Hoseok looked terrified for Jin but noona didn’t seem affected by his shouting.

“Yes, go see him for yourself. Anyway, I’ll talk to you three later, I have a date. Goodbye.”

And she hung up the phone.

Jin looked livid.

He pulled out his keys from his pocket and didn’t wait for the two to follow him.

“Hyung!” Namjoon exclaimed but Jin ignored him.

“..” Hoseok cursed under his breath before they followed Jin, locking the door behind them.

 

“Taehyung, this is stupid.” Jungkook said for the tenth time and the lady behind them rolled her eyes.

“Curse Sundays.” Was all Taehyung said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter