Emotional Mess

Why Min Yoongi No Longer Hesitates To Apologise First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi and Jimin were standing and staring at one another as time ticked by. Jimin's three bags lay forgotten on the road side. Several cars and people passed the two but for Yoongi it was as if they were frozen in time. His heart was beating painfully fast in his chest and he was still completely overwhelmed. His eyes finally stopped overflowing with tears.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Yoongi asked a silent Jimin after what seemed like eternity.

He bit his lip and stared at the cold, blank face look that Jimin had on his face. 

It was eating Yoongi up from the inside but Jimin looked cold hearted and unconcerned.

"Hyung." Jimin said finally and Yoongi wiped his eyes, feeling weird for crying suddenly. Had he done too much? Since when had he become so emotional? 

Jimin stepped forward and lifted Yoongi's chin so he was no longer facing the ground. 

"You..." Jimin said and Yoongi gulped nervously, his heart banging painfully against his chest.

God Jimin looked too good today.

That aside, he had apologised first.. Why did Jimin look so unaffected? 

"Hyung." Jimin said again and Yoongi resisted the urge to snap at him to hurry the up and say something before Yoongi grew old.

"You're..." Jimin began.

I am what?!?! 

"You're one centimetre shorter than me now!" He exclaimed suddenly and smiled his blinding smile, the cold expression replaced by a smile blinding enough to rival the sun.

What.

The. 

And now Jimin had begun to giggle. 

"Are you for real, Park Jimin?" Yoongi wondered aloud with a disbelieving scoff. 

Jimin just continued to giggle that adorable giggle of his that filled Yoongi’s stomach with butterflies.

"Your boyfriend just_shut up! Don't you think of calling me your girlfriend! Anyway.. I opened my heart to you and you're making fun of my height?! You're really tactless! You had a girlfriend in the past, didn't you? How the  did she tolerate you? No, you know what. I'm going back inside. Do what you want."

"Boyfriend? Are we back together then?" 

" off." 

"Hyung!" 

"I'm not forgiving you!" 

"Help me carry the bags, would you?" 

"CARRY THEM YOURSELF, YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!" 

Yoongi turned around and started walking back, his face turning red with embarrassment. Although he had already wiped the tears from his cheeks, he wiped his cheeks again, more savagely this time. 

He stopped when he felt Jimin's strong arms around his middle and his chin on his shoulder. 

Oh. 

Had back hugs always felt this good? 

"So..." Jimin said. 

"So what?" Yoongi snapped, albeit not as rudely as he had wanted to. His voice was weirder because he had cried.

"You're sorry, are you?" Jimin asked playfully and Yoongi could picture the smug smile on his face.

"No, I take back my words." Yoongi said at once. 

"You can’t! Not according to the holy rules! You can only take it back if you say it once. You said it seven times!" Jimin reminded him happily.

"What kind of stupid rule is that? I can take it back if I want to." 

"You came up with that rule, four years ago_”

“_Bull. I’m sure I didn’t. Hya, why are you hugging me so tight?”

Jimin only squeezed Yoongi tighter, the bubble of happiness and warmth in him increasing.

Yoongi had actually apologized first.

“Cause you’re even softer now.” He answered a little later.

“Why aren’t you repulsed?” Yoongi asked with a sigh.

Curse Jimin for being so wonderful, so perfect_

“_You know.. Because I’m biual. I can already tell that your s_”

Yoongi pushed him off and rolled his eyes.

Wonderful? Yeah right.

“I’m kidding, noona.”

“I’ll kill you if you call me that!”

“But people are giving us weird looks! How can I call you hyung in front of people?” Jimin whispered.

Sure enough, they were getting weird looks.

“Don’t call me anything, then.” Yoongi replied with a glare.

Jimin’s smile widened further.

“Then call me oppa.”

Yoongi started laughing at that. “In your dreams, Jimin.”

“Oh come on! It won’t kill you! Try it out_ Jimin oppa. Say it! Jimin_” Jimin cut off his words when the two heard a laugh.

They turned to see a man leering at Yoongi or specifically at his chest.

, I don’t have a bra. Yoongi thought before folding his hands across his chest and beginning to walk in the opposite direction his cheeks red with anger and embarrassment. He had worn a jacket but of course it had done no good.

Yoongi stopped and turned when he heard Jimin’s voice.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

Jimin was inches away from the man now, who looked considerably taller in comparison.

“She’s related to you?” The ert asked. “Your sister or something? Give her to me for one night_”

To be fair, the man had it coming but that didn’t prepare Yoongi in the slightest.

“Jimin!” He heard himself shout when Jimin’s fist collided with the ert’s jaw. The man fell to the ground due to the force of Jimin’s hit.

“If you as much as look at my boy_ at my girlfriend, I’ll kill you.”

“You son of a !” The ert screamed wildly before standing up and throwing a punch at Jimin.

Why has my life turned into a Korean drama? Yoongi wondered as Jimin blocked the punch and sent another.

People were beginning to gather and had their phones out.

“Jimin please.” Yoongi begged, reaching out to pull Jimin with one hand while trying to cover his face with the other.

“Don’t come near, hy_ noona. I’m going to teach this ert a lesson.”

“I’ll make you wish you were never born, brat.” The man replied and kicked Jimin in the thighs, catching him off guard.

“GET AWAY FROM HIM, YOU MOTHERER!” Yoongi screamed loudly and to his surprise, everyone stopped doing whatever they were doing.

The ert was the first to recover from the shock and started advancing towards Yoongi.

Jimin was quick to come forward but one look from Yoongi stopped him. He knew that look so well, it said “Shut up and let me deal with this, kid.”

Yoongi knew what he wanted to do but when the time came for it, he was still not ready. The man in front of him reached out and tried to yank at his hair. Everything seemed to have slowed down. Yoongi could feel his heart banging in his chest and the adrenaline rushing through his veins. The man’s ugly face was high definition clear in that moment and Yoongi knew that he was going to be missing a patch of his hair if he didn’t act soon.

“Hyung!” He heard Jimin yell in surprise at his inaction and that brought him out of his daze. He promptly lifted his knee and he didn’t know he had done it right till the man in front of him was hunched over, clutching his crotch and wailing in despair.

“My balls, you _” The man screamed, lunging forward and grabbing hold of Yoongi’s hand.

Jimin walked forward with purpose just as Yoongi flashed his gummy smile and used the nails of his free hand to claw and leave red marks on the ert’s arm.

His faithful weapon.

One more punch from Jimin and the man had had enough of the two.

“You both are crazy!” He screamed, clutching his bleeding arm to his chest and feeling his swollen cheek before running away. That’s when Yoongi, Jimin and the people filming the incident noticed the policeman running after the ert, yelling at him to stop.

Jimin magically grabbed all three bags and yelled at Yoongi to follow him back home.

He glanced back at the cameras one last time.

“Girl power!” He yelled and laughed at his own idiotic actions before sprinting after Jimin, one arm firmly under his bosom.

Even in the elevator, Yoongi couldn’t stop laughing. Every time he stopped he remembered the ugly face of the ert contorted in pain and the look on everyone’s faces when he had yelled ‘Girl Power’.

“You’ve lost it.” Jimin stated, trying to catch his breath from all the running.

Even his words were hilarious.

Maybe Yoongi had lost it.

“Hyung, why are you laughing so much? You could have been hurt!” Jimin yelled.

The situation wasn’t funny to him at all.

“Did- did you see his face when I kicked him in the balls?!” Yoongi asked in between his laughs, tears of mirth in his eyes.

He was definitely an emotional mess.

Damn, Yoongi would kill to do it again!

“If I see him again, I swear I’ll gouge his eyes out.” Jimin swore, his face becoming darker.

He couldn’t even explain what had been going on in his mind when he had caught the man leering at Yoongi. It had filled him with even more rage than when some loser had kissed Yoongi.

Yoongi was blissfully unaware.

“Did you hear what I said? Girl po-power_ oh my god my stomach hurts from laughing so much. We make a nice team!” And yet Yoongi didn’t stop, not until they were back in their apartment and he didn’t find it so funny anymore, thanks to the grave expression on Jimin’s face.

“Spoilt sport.” He announced, throwing a pillow at Jimin and curling up on the couch.

“Not that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter