The Break Up

Why Min Yoongi No Longer Hesitates To Apologise First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a typical Saturday morning at Min Yoongi and Park Jimin's newly rented, two bedroom apartment slash extremely humble abode.

They had fought last night and were fighting again this morning after the silence had stretched as far as it could go. 

 

"I'm not the one who throws my clothes all over the place!" Yoongi snapped at his boyfriend of six months and friend of 5 years. 

His usually pale skin had turned red; thanks to all the anger he had been bottling up the last few weeks. Even though he was angry, he was careful to not be too loud, lest the neighbours complained and their landlord decided to throw them out. The same could not be said for his boyfriend however.  

"So it's my fault?! It's my fault that you never reply to my messages?! Is it so hard to type something ty like- Coming home with guests, make sure there's no underwear lying around!?" Jimin yelled, his hands fisted at his sides. Let the neighbours hear, who gives a damn?! 

Jimin and Yoongi loved one another, they really did but neither of them could control their tempers on days like these. 

Jimin was short tempered, flaring up every once in a while when someone said something particularly nasty, but he always made it up to whoever it was by being twice as sweet once his temper had passed. (Unless they were an , then he didn't.) 

This time was one time too many though, because he didn't look like he was going to calm down anytime soon. 

Yoongi on the other hand didn't get ‘angry’ too easily but for him, all the little things kept adding up until he couldn't fight it any longer and had to let it all out, the brain to mouth filter disappearing entirely when he was taking out his anger. 

"The house is always flooding with your underwear and clothes! I'm not asking you to keep it sparkling clean but just pick your things up once in a while, will you?! The underwear goes in the drawer and not on the kitchen counter!" He ranted on, lifting one of Jimin's boxers from the counter as he spoke.  "I just got this job, imagine the horror my colleague must have been through, finding out that my boyfriend is more like a child, not even able to keep his things properly, than a 20 year old man!" 

"Well imagine the horror I went through when I opened the door wearing nothing but my underwear and I saw you standing with your colleague! One text won't kill you, hyung! But you never reply to my messages, no matter what they say!" Jimin shouted, shaking his phone in the air, the clearly visible only green messages showing that no reply had been received. 

"You text me 24/7! How am I supposed to check my messages when I'm at work?" Yoongi demanded. 

"You can't be telling me that you don't even look at your phone at work!" Jimin accused. 

"Well I don't! I'm working really hard, Jimin!" Yoongi replied. 

"I never said you weren't_"

"_Good, because someone has to pay the bills!" 

Jimin fell silent, his hands no longer fisted and the crease between his eyebrows disappearing. 

Yoongi was filled with regret. 

Both the boys' temper had passed now, the proof of it being that Jimin was no longer shouting and Yoongi had realised that his brain to mouth filter was MIA. He had said some ty things this time. 

Jimin waited patiently, staring at his boyfriend with a piercing gaze, even though he knew that no apology was on its way. His eyes were cold unlike how warm they were usually, and his face was devoid of emotion. 

He honestly didn't know why he waited every time. Yoongi never apologised first. 

"You're right." He said finally and Yoongi let out the breath he had been holding, readying himself to hug Jimin and take him to bed maybe, when Jimin turned around and walked into their room on his own. 

"Jimin_" He began, entering their room to find Jimin picking up all of his clothes that were lying around. 

Yoongi felt guiltier and suspicious at the same time. Jimin never calmed down before apologising to him first. 

Yet here he was, doing exactly what Yoongi had been asking him to do. 

Yoongi's confusion was cleared however, when Jimin walked towards the closet and pulled out his duffel bag. 

His eyes widened in shock. 

"What are you doing?" He asked Jimin, his eyes narrowed. 

"Since this is your house, I'm going elsewhere to leave my clothes lying around." Jimin said, not looking up from his task of stuffing everything that he owned in sight, into his bag, his heart pounding against his chest and his every instinct telling him to stop.

Yoongi knew he should stop Jimin, tell him that it was their house, not Yoongi's, but though his temper had passed, the stupidity that came with his temper hadn't. 

So he made things worse. 

"You know you're going to come back soon anyways. You'll just have to unpack everything again." He said instead and Jimin stopped momentarily and scoffed and then laughed humourlessly. 

Yoongi's already pale skin became paler once he realised his mistake. 

"Don't worry hyung; I won't be coming back this time." 

And Yoongi's mouth legit fell open as Jimin pushed past him roughly and walked out, slamming the door behind him. 

Yoongi had never hated the now spick and span apartment more. 

 

"Jimminie!!!" Taehyung greeted his best friend with his infectious smile which Jimin for once, couldn't return. 

"What's wrong_ is that a bag? What's in it? Why are you here right now? Did you bring all your clothes?! Did you fight with Yoongi hyung?!" Taehyung's eyes widened when Jimin threw his bag and threw his arms around his middle, whining loudly. 

".. Always does this, never apologises.. It wasn't even my fault, not really.." 

Taehyung patted his best friend's back reassuringly, knowing that pretty soon, Jimin was going to pick up his bag and go back to Yoongi. 

"I'm not going back, Tae. Not this time." Jimin said and Taehyung nodded, not reminding Jimin that he had said the same statement last time as well. 

"Don't Jimminie, stay with me." Taehyung said. 

Jungkook came out to see what the ruckus was and wasn't surprised to see Jimin standing there, hugging his boyfriend. 

Knowing that Jimin had a soft spot for him, he went and hugged Jimin from the back, so they were in a three way hug. 

"Hi hyung." He said, more polite than usual. 

Jimin cheered up slightly. 

"Kookie." He greeted. 

"I'm sorry, you guys." Jimin told the two of them but they waved it off.

"You can stay as long as you cook for us, Chim." Taehyung said cheekily. 

Jimin smiled and agreed right away. 

He tried to not care about Yoongi, who couldn't cook to save his life. 

He can order pizza if he wants. Jimin thought as he followed Taehyung to the kitchen. 

 

Yoongi was moping around when Jin showed up. 

"You look miserable. What was the fight about this time?" Jin asked, knowing what was up the minute he looked around the unusually clean apartment. 

"He left, hyung." Was all Yoongi could say. He hugged the couch pillow to his aching chest.

"He'll come back." Jin assured Yoongi, like he did every time. 

"He won't, he said so. It wasn't like every time, I was an ass_"

"_You're always an , it hasn't stopped him from coming back before." Jin interrupted.

Yoongi flinched at the truth of the statement. 

"I told him not to bother packing all his clothes since he would come back soon anyways and he looked at me, warmth gone from his eyes and said that he won't come back this time." Yoongi said. 

"Seriously Yoongi, you could just say sorry for a change!" Jin scolded. 

Yoongi bit his lip and turned away. 

"Aren't you going to cook for me? I called you for that only." Yoongi said instead and Jin shook his head and sighed. 

"Don't lose him, Yoongi." 

Yoongi's frown deepened but he nodded like he did every time. 

When Yoongi's moping didn't end by midday, Jin reminded him that the longest Jimin had been angry with him had been for two days so he should wait for two days at least. 

Yoongi nodded and bit his tongue before he could say "But I need him now." 

 

Both Yoongi and Jimin usually lost their anger entirely within a day at the most, but this time was different. 

Jimin became angrier when Yoongi didn't even text him something like "How are you?" Or "You forgot your toothbrush." Let alone "I'm sorry!" and Yoongi was shocked when two days came and went but Jimin remained at Taehyung's place. 

He tried to focus on work in the meantime but the more he ate the ty office food (which wasn't really ty but it was nothing like what Jimin made for him every day, with so much love) the more he missed Jimin. 

"What's wrong?" Namjoon, the colleague he had taken to meet his boyfriend asked when he caught him playing with his food. 

Although Yoongi referred to Namjoon as his colleague, he really trusted the guy and saw him as a friend. 

"I fought with my boyfriend. He left home." 

Namjoon wasn't used to their fights like everybody else, so his reaction was not as laid back as everyone else's. 

", he didn't say 'let’s breakup' or something, right? You guys are still together right?!" 

Yoongi shook his head. "We never breakup. We just fight.. A lot." 

Namjoon patted him on the shoulder sympathetically. 

Yoongi hyung wasn't a very expressive fellow as far as he knew but the only subject he showed emotions about was his boyfriend and music.

But Yoongi couldn't even focus on work since he knew that Jimin wouldn't be waiting for him when he got home with piles of books in his hands, glasses perched high on his nose and the biggest smile on his face. 

No one showed as much enthusiasm at the sight of him as much as Jimin did. 

When Tuesday turned into Thursday and there was still no word from Jimin, Yoongi couldn't swallow his food anymore. 

He knew that all he had to do was call him up and say sorry and Jimin would be back at his door within half an hour, but he couldn't do it. He didn't know how to. 

 

Jimin was just as miserable at Taehyung's, spending all his time locked up with his books, studying as hard as he could so that he wouldn't be distracted by his aching heart. 

Taehyung worked part time at a café so he was gone for most part of the day but when he came home at night, he always did his best to cheer up Jimin. 

"What did you guys fight about, Jimminie?" He asked Jimin as they ate dinner on Thursday night. 

Jimin told Taehyung about how he had left his clothes lying around everywhere and Yoongi had come home with his friend. 

"But he didn't even reply to my messages and tell me that he was bringing someone home. I would have cleaned up if he had! I would have worn something too, instead of greeting his friend in my boxers." 

Jimin turned red and Taehyung frowned thoughtfully. 

"And then.. Then hyung said he doesn't reply because he's always working hard and I said I knew that.. Then he said, good because someone had to pay the bills.." 

Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise. Yoongi hyung should know better than to make Jimin feel guilty about that! 

"I think I should get a job." Jimin continued, oblivious to Taehyung's agitated expression. "I mean, it's true.. All I do is sit at home with my nose buried in my books.." Jimin said, sounding like he had a cold. 

He hadn't cried yet, which was a big feat for him. 

"Jimin, I'm sure Yoongi hyung didn't mean it like that." Taehyung said, hugging his best friend. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter