Whack Two!

Whack-A-Mole
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that incident in the gym. Ten began to talk to you a lot. A LOT is an understatement, every time your eyes met with his, he would talk non-stopped about something. It has been 3 months after that incident and Ten never seems to run out topics to talk about. Well he is the one who mostly do all the talking. You just arrived to school and again Ten was greeting you with his bright smile and proceed to talk about something. You didn’t pay attention to the topics that Ten is talking right then because you were busy staring at Taeyong who was forced to tag along by Ten. Taeyong would have this detached uninterested face when he was around, you wondered how Ten and Taeyong could be so close when their personality is the complete opposite of one another.

Taeyong reminded you of the main character of every drama, cold and mysterious. It is these qualities that lured the heroin into getting to know the hero. You were almost intrigued by Taeyong but with Ten around, you have to think twice before getting in a relationship with Taeyong. How could he stand Ten’s endless chattering? The three of you were walking in the hallway, on the way to your linguistic class. You don’t know why Ten insisted in sending you off when you can walk just fine.

“---, why didn’t you join the school’s science club? You are really good in it. You even won a competition in the past right?” Finally Ten mentioned a topic that catches your interest.

“How do you know that I won a science competition?” You asked.

Ten was gaping, words got stuck in his throat. Would it be weird if I told her that I remember she got awarded by the Principle? But it is a long time ago.

“Well?” You raised your eyebrow.

You don’t mind that Ten knows that you get an award for it but it is just weird that someone like Ten who is into basketball and dance would remembered something as insignificant as that.

“U-uh… I… heard it from my friend!” Ten managed to pull out a lie.

“Your friend?”

Ten eyes went wilding scanning any familiar faces around the hallway “Taeyong! I heard it from Taeyong!” Ten stated in a hurry.

“Taeyong?”

You looked at Taeyong who have a surprised look in his face. That is the first time you see any emotions on the cold guy. You didn’t trust Ten, from the looks of it Taeyong even didn’t know what Ten is talking about.

“What? When did I-“ Taeyong voice become muffled when Ten covered the cold guy’s mouth with his hand. “Hurry along ----, you will be late for you linguistic class!” Ten flashed his million dollar smile, not giving you a chance to question him more.

A tiny chuckled escaped your lips. He is a bad liar.

You don’t mind his bad lying skills, you found it very cute. Wait… did I just think of Ten as cute?!

Red colour rushed to your cheeks as you practically run into your Linguistic class without saying goodbye to Ten and Taeyong. When you took your seat, you could feel your heart drumming loudly in your chest. “Why did I say Ten is cute? He is annoying! Yes, Ten is annoying not cute!” You told yourself.

You don’t know why but your words came out to assure yourself. Maybe you just got used to Ten’s annoyance that you find him cute now?

 

 

“Taeyong, I’m dead! Now --- will think of me as weird!” Ten exasperated as he hanged on Taeyong’s study shoulder for comfort. All of the people in their class give them a weird look.

And this is why I am still single. Taeyong sighed and break off Ten’s deadly hand lock around his neck. “Believe me --- already think of you as weird”

“What?! Why?!”

Taeyong stared at Ten’s alarmed face. He felt bad for his friend but Ten needs to know the truth. “First you don’t stop talking. I don’t even get whatever nonsense that you were talking about”

Ten pull on his hairs and rubbed it in frustration. Ten knows he was making you uncomfortable but he had hoped you will accept it differently “I was nervous… every time I see her my mind just went blank. I don’t even know what came out of my mouth most of the time”

“Just be yourself, she will like you…” Taeyong tried to make Ten feel better.

Taeyong placed his hand on Ten’s left shoulder and give it a little squeeze “Hopefully…” He quickly added.

Ten eyes widen when the word escaped from Taeyong’s mouth “Hey! Of course she will like me!”

Ten knows that Taeyong was just joking.

“You never know” Taeyong teases him again.

Ten break out a laugh and people think he is the funny one in their friendship. Taeyong is just hilarious. He never fails to crack a joke even during their dullest moments.

“Ah and Ten, never drag me to be the third wheeler again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter