II.

Craving for affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II.

 

The following day, they were very busy to try the steps of a choreography under the strict supervision of Hanbin who controlled all of them through the reflection in the mirror. Chanwoo committed the same error for the third time in a row, doing wrong again a fundamental step. Hanbin glared at him with a look full of disappointment, it hurt Chanwoo more than anything else.

"Why can't you make it?" the leader snapped exasperated, "how you can make the same mistake for three times?" his tone was so harsh and his look so stern. It wasn't the Hanbin hyung, not in that moment, it was more B.I the leader.
Chanwoo lowered his head, looked down on the floor and fell silent.

Jinhwan called Hanbin and said his name through that quiet and calm voice that distinguished him from the others, always be able to appease the soul of anyone and especially the one of Hanbin's. Jinhwan put a hand on Hanbin's shoulder patting it, it was a way to make him know that he had exaggerated with Chanwoo.

"I'm sorry" Chaneoo apologized, then felt the need to get out of there. Neither Hanbin nor anyone else had the time to stop him. They couldn't catch him in time, he was already gone. Disappeared.

"I go to him" Hanbin announced, "we have done for today, come back to the dorm" he said to everyone else before going to look for Chanwoo.

Hanbin found Chanwoo in the bathroom sitting on the floor, he managed to glimpse his silhouette since the door was half-open. Hanbin knocked, asked permission to enter and Chanwoo nodded in assent.
A deep and absolute silence fell between them.

"Are you angry with me?" Chanwoo asked not daring to meet his gaze, “please don't be mad at me, hyung, I promise I will work hard and I will improve!” he affirmed sounding so desperate that almost broke Hanbin's heart.

Hanbin bent his knees and bent down until he reached his height. He reached out, took his face and held it up. They looked at each other straight in the eye. For a while.
"I was never mad at you" Hanbin assured him with a smile, a little one but also a natural one.

"Really?" Chanwoo had to divert his gaze.

"Look at me" that wasn't a request, it was more an order.
Hanbin took his chin between his fingers and lifted it up to make sure that Chanwoo look at him.

"I look at you" Chanwoo thought that maintain eye contact with Hanbin was particularly difficult in that circumstance.

"I'm not angry" Hanbin assured again, "I could never be mad at you!" he reinforced the concept with another smile.

"Really?" Chanwoo was still uncertain.

"For real" Hanbin said, "how about we practice together?".

"Just you and me?" Chanwoo asked eyes wide with delight, "and what about all the others?".

"They will have the day off" Hanbin explained, "I would like to focus on you, just on you" he added before getting up and get out, then he motioned Chanwoo to follow him.

Back in the rehearsal room, Hanbin rekindled the stereo and positioned himself in front of Chanwoo controlling every movement made by the youngest. They tried again and again till they drop, nevertheless Chanwoo continued to make mistakes.
At one point Hanbin turned off the stereo and headed toward him.

He put his hands right on his hips, his grip was strong and determined but not lacked a certain kindness.
"Well..." the leader began hinting a vague smile of encouragement, "let me help you".

Hanbin's hands were flowing on him to show him how were and how to move, but Chanwoo was still so stiff.
"Relax" Hanbin frowned, "just relax, okay?".

"I'm just nervous" Chanwoo said giving him a weak and embarrassed smile.

"Why are you nervous?" Hanbin asked him without understanding that it was precisely because of him and of their proximity.

"It's nothing" Chanwoo quickly changed the subject, "I want to give it another try".

"All right"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter