I.

Craving for affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

 

The clock affixed to the wall marked the of midnight. It was a night like many others: on the outside it was raining heavily, lightnings and thunders continued to pierce the sky and to make it shine repeatedly.
Chanwoo was sitting on the kitchen counter with his legs dangling back and forth. He was waiting for him, for no one else but him. His leader, his friend, his hyung. Just Hanbin, just him.
When he heard the sound of the key inserted in the lock, the metallic click and the creaking hinges, Chanwoo's face lit up with a new light and put aside the game-boy he was playing with. His heart started beating wildly, he was so happy that Hanbin was finally returned to the dorm.

"Hey" Hanbin saw him and flashed him a half smile. He was glad to see him.

"Hyung!" Chanwoo excitedly waved his hand to greet him, "you look so tired".

"It's because I am tired" Hanbin pointed out sitting at the table, then Chanwoo jumped with a leap and joined him.
"Why are you still awake, you little brat?" Hanbin asked and could feel so clearly and distinctly his presence behind him.

"I couldn't sleep” Chanwoo said, even though it wasn't true at all because he had been waiting for him.

Hanbin turned to him and watched him for a time that seemed endless, unlimited, as if it would never end.
"Isn't a bit too late for you, is it?" Hanbin asked becoming suddenly serious and the other chuckled in amusement.

It continued a silence broken only by the ticking of the clock and the roar of the storm.
"So... " Chanwoo tried to ease the tension, "is everything all right?" he asked giving his back to him meanwhile opening the oven to pull out dinner that Yunhyeong had set aside for Hanbin.

"Yes, I'm just tired" Hanbin stood up and approached him as if he were about to do or say something.
Chanwoo glanced at him sideways, very fleeting.

"What's that?" Hanbin questioned referring to the plate filled by rice and vegetables.

"I have put aside the dinner for you" Chanwoo said catching him by surprise, as if Hanbin not believed it possible. Hanbin gave him a huge smile that revealed his dimples.

"Thank you" Hanbin said slightly embarrassed by the gesture, "but I've already eaten".

"What did you eat?" Chanwoo asked still smiling.

"Hamburger and fries" Hanbin replied ashamed of those decidedly unhealthy habits.

"Very healthy!" Chanwoo commented teasing him, "maybe you spend too much time with Jiwon-hyung” there was a thin veil of jealousy in his words.

"And maybe you spend too much time with Yunhyeong-hyung " Hanbin replied back laughing, but he didn't miss the way Chanwoo's look changed.

"Do you want me to spend more time with you?" Chanwoo blushed a little.

"Why not?" Hanbin reached out and ruffled his hair affectionately.

"I'm not a child!" Chanwoo complained but still secretely enjoying it.

"You're not?" Hanbin asked squeezing his chubby cheek a little.

"I'm not!" the youngest member exclaimed but actually loving everything that was going on.

"Yeah, you're growing. You're growing quickly" Hanbin frowned and stopped talking. Chanwoo felt a sudden change in him, both in his expression and in his voice.

"Are you all right?" Chanwoo eyed him with a worried look.

"It's just that..." Hanbin shook his head taking a little break, "you really grew up fast" he opened his mouth to speak but closed soon after.

"And it's such a bad thing?" Chanwoo nervously chewed his lower lip.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter