CHAPTER 03: Nostalgia

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Who knew that the chinese guy I’m meeting is no other than my ex-boyfriend, Lu Han. He looked more handsome upclose. He’s a grown man now. His hair is neatly brushed up and the tuxedo that he's wearing fits him perfectly. I couldn’t help but steal glances at Luhan everytime he take a spoonful of his food. The scar on his bottom lip is still visible. It’s a reminder that he’s not perfect. He got it from a small accident when he was a kid. I smiled to myself as I remember how he joked it as a battle scar.

“So..”, I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard him speak. “How have you been?”, he asked me, placing his chin on his palm with his elbow resting on the table.

I took a sip of my red wine and whiped the excess off my lips with a handkerchief. “Doing good. I’ve been working at Square Enix for 3 years now. How about you? Since when are you back here in Korea?”, I asked, trying to maintain my composure without stuttering.

“Well,” he sat up straight and tapped his fingers on the table. He’s become manly now. The Luhan I used to know is too childish to even sit still. “I just got back a month ago. There were alot of Job opportunities here so I had to take chances. Life’s about taking risks, right?”, he stated before giving me a smirk. The Luhan I’m seeing now is different from the Luhan I know. Four years is a long time. He changed for the better. He’s living well and I can tell that he’s happy. My little Luhan is now a grown fine man.

I nodded at his statement. “That’s why I think you should join us.”, I took out my business card out of my purse and placed it gently infront of him. “A talent like yours is best with Square Enix”.

He took the business card and eyed it. “Manager”, he smiled at me as he read it. “So, you’ll be my boss if I accepted your offer?”

I beamed at him. “I will be your boss at work but I am a friend outside.”, I assured him. “Don’t worry. I don’t bite”

He laughed at my last statement before reaching out his hand for a handshake. “Well then, nice to meet you Ms. Park. I would gladly join your team”.

My smile was all ears once I heard what he said. I shook his hand with gratitude. “Welcome to Square Enix Mr. Lu. I’m looking forward on working with you”. I was so happy that it was late for me to realize that I was shaking his hand for too long. I quickly let go of it once I heard him chuckle at my reaction. Suddenly, everything was awkward for me. After years of not seeing each other, this is the first time I got to touch his hand again. It gave me an unexplainable tingling feeling and I swear I could feel my cheeks burning.

I heard him mutter something but it sounded too low that I barely heard it. I shrugged the thought away. I don’t think its that important anyway.

“Come. Drinks on me”, I stood up as I offer him some drinks. He smiled at me before standing up and followed me towards the bar.

 

 

“You look good”, I complimented him as I take a sip of my vodka. He raised his eyebrow at me. He might’ve misunderstood what I said. “It’s not that I’m saying that you were ugly back then. It’s just.. You look different.”

He gulped down his shot of Tequila before replying, “You too. I guess, it’s been four years, right?”

“Yes. And we both changed alot”, I fiddled with my phone to keep myself from staring at him. I’ve been stealing glances of him ever since he arrived and I guess it’s making things more awkward.

“Hey”, he said with his charming soft voice. I missed hearing it. I can’t help but soften up and look at him. Our eyes met and neither of us want to look away. “I think you should go back to your room. You’re drunk.”

I have been spacing out that I didn’t even re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter