CHAPTER 02: Fortuity

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeju Island. Nice summer breeze and the salty smell of the ocean. It was a total paradise. I can’t help but adore the view outside the window. I was sent here in Jeju Island to meet up with a talented Game Developer whom our company is really interested. Square Enix is preparing for a new Final Fantasy game so we are in need of new talents from abroad that are qualified to be in our team. The one I’m supposed to meet today is from China. Since I can speak Chinese, they sent me here. This will be a paid vacation so I can’t say no. These past few days, I can’t even sleep for an hour due to a huge load of paper works. This vacation is a blessing.

2:03PM. I have to meet the chinese guy at the luxurious restaurant at exactly 7:00PM. I guess I still have time to take a short walk outside the hotel. I dragged myself towards the bathroom. I smiled to myself in the mirror. I look pretty without my huge eyebags. Who knew that an 8 hour sleep can make me pretty again? I took off the wardrobe that I’m wearing and opened the shower for a nice warm bath. For a few months, I could say that this is the nicest bath I’ve ever got. The water washes all my stress away and god it feels so good.

I did my bathroom routine and wore my favorite summer dress. I haven’t worn it for a long time since I couldn't even remember the last time I have a vacation. I spun around the room, adoring my cute pink dress. I combed my wet hair gently as I admire myself on the mirror. I’ve never seen myself this happy and young for a long time. I decided to put on a little powder and a lipgloss to make myself more pretty.

I grabbed my sunglasses and wore my beach sandals. I glanced at the mirror one last time before assuring myself that I look good. I took a peak at the clock. It’s only 2:48PM. I still have time for myself.

I grabbed my wallet and the room key before heading out of the room. Before I closed the door, I heard my phone rang, notifying me that I received a message. I ignored it and skipped happily towards the elevator. I only have 3 hours and I’ll enjoy the most out of it.

 

 

I just love the sea breeze. The smell of it relaxes my soul. I’ve been walking by the beach for an hour and I’m enjoying it. I wanted to swim too but I forgot my towel due to excitement. There were alot of couples around. How I wish Sungjae is here with me. He’s busy with his work that’s why he can’t come. I’ll defintely take a long vacation next year to come back here with Sungjae.

I sat down in the warm sand as I heave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter