CHAPTER 04: Temptation

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“Arrrrrrggghhh”, I groaned as I woke up with a heavy headache. This is what I hate the most. I get drunk and regret what I did the next morning. I stood up from my bed and rushed towards the fridge to grab myself a cold beverage. “How did I got back here anyway?”, I asked myself after putting back the water bottle. A sticky note caught my attention as I closed the fridge. 

 

Lunch at Cafe Bistro?


“What the did I do last night?”

Suddenly, the angelic face of Luhan showed up in my head. 

“”. I messed up my hair in frustration. “What time is it?”. I hurriedly ran back to my room to grab my phone. 10:35AM. “I sure slept too long”

I opened up my suitcase to look for something to wear. Something pretty but not too fancy. “This should be good”. I chose a peach off-shoulder summer dress since the cafe is by the beach. My heart suddenly started thumping very fast. I don’t know why but I’m getting excited. “Is this a date?”. I burried my face onto the pile of clothes and squealed as loud as I can. Dear Luhan still have a huge effect on me.

 


As I was hopping my way to the beach, I keep getting nervous but at the same time, I’m very much excited. I keep checking on myself at the mirror every minute to see whether I look pretty enough. To be honest, I’ve never felt so thrilled like this since 2015. I’m too busy at work to even get dressed. 

“Hey miss”, I jumped out of surprise when Luhan showed up out of nowhere.

“Luhan!”, I squealed. He chuckled at his own silliness as he saw how surprised I was.

“Sorry. Didn’t mean it”, he stated but it was obvious that it was intentional. “Let’s go. I’m hungry”.

I sighed in defeat and started running towards the Cafe. “Last one to reach the cafe should pay for the meal!”, I exclaimed. I saw how he shook his head while smiling at me. He looks like an angel when he smiles. Before I could react, he started running almost as fast as quicksilver towards my direction. I snapped out of my thoughts and dashed my way towards the cafe before he could beat me.

 


“I think I should start going back to the gym”, I panted as I wipe my sweat off my forehead. “I really need some exercise. I barely even got here without tripping off my feet”.

Luhan was sitting at the other side of the table. I can see how amused he is because he has been laughing since we both arrived at the cafe.

“What are you laughing at?”, I sneered at him. 

He took out his handkerchief and reached out for me as he started patting away the sweat off my face. “I guess you really need some exercise.”, with that, he left me astonished.

I found myself blushing at his action. Luhan has always been a gentleman, but that small gesture still managed to reach for my heart. I gulped and built up my confidence to speak. “But the meal is still on you since you lost”, I stuck my tounge out on him.

“Meal’s on me this time but when we become co-workers, you’ll need to treat me out for dinner”, he stuck his tounge out back at me. I can’t help but giggle at our childish actions. It has been years since we’ve last seen each other but it seemed like we’re just resuming where we left off.

 

 

After lunch, we decided to  hang out by the seaside. We have too many hours to spend anyway. I have exactly 24 hours left here in Jeju Island and after that, I have to go back to my stressful life in Seoul. Luhan on the other hand will start working on Square Enix next week.

“I actually thought you’ve become a snob”

Luhan smiled at me, “Well, people call me rude”.

“For me, you’re still the dorkish Luhan I knew”, I beamed at him. I could see his face slowly lighting up. His eyes were glued to mine and it’s taking my breath away. My heart is beating so fast that it can explode any minute.

He let out a breath-taking smile before saying “And you’re still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter