Goddess

Breaking Boundaries

TEN'S POV

 

My family and I spent the rest of the afternoon with a barbecue party by the pool. Honestly, at times like this, I feel like I’m the luckiest kid on earth. My parents support me, I have a very good relationship with my sister and family. I’m really surrounded by good people. My grandmother was there, she prepared my all-time favorite, Pad Thai.

 

“My dear grandson, how was your life in Seoul?” My grandma was so teasing as ever. She always sounds like she’s teasing me.

 

“Mom, I think Ten has found the girl of his dreams.” Wow just wow Mom.

 

“What? You were only there for a few months and now you already have a girlfriend? Who’s this girl huh? Why didn’t you bring her here?” Now my grandma is all sulky.

 

“Mom! We’re not like that! We’re workmates and we’re just friends! That’s all.”

 

“Oh, I don’t think so. The way you carefully took her to the end of the pool earlier. You were so red back there.” I hit the shoulder of my mom out of embarrassment.

 

“She’s here mother, she’s upstairs sleeping. Probably tired from all the work.”

 

“Oh is that so? Then we should wake her up!” My grandmother prepares to walk towards the door upstairs and that’s a very bad thing. She must not talk to her or else she’ll say all nonsense and will complicate things! That’s a no-no!

 

“Grandma, don’t!” I grabbed her two hands and lead her back to the pool. “You can’t.”

 

“And why? She’s our guest she should be treated properly. Let her experience life here in Thailand.”

 

“NO. She’s really tired. Let her rest.”

 

“Mother, seems like he really doesn’t want you to meet her just yet. Maybe he hasn’t told her he liked her.” My mom said at the back.

 

“Oh, then you should tell her right now! Tonight at dinner!”

 

“You two! Why’re you always teasing me. I don’t like her that way! We’re really just friends, so please stop it.”

 

“Alright son, we’ll stop. Just wake her up when dinner’s ready.”

 

The dinner seemed like there’s a feast. Well, though it’s a lot it’ll all vanish in a few minutes just like the lunch they prepared earlier. We have a lot of people working for the house, garden and cleaning so we really cooked a lot. I’m so happy and excited for dinner! Though I’m so nervous with grandma being here.

 

“Ten, call Hyejeong and tell her to prepare for the dinner.”

 

“Why me? Let Tern do that.”

 

“She’s not here dummy. She went to her friend’s to get their research paper.”

 

Seriously. Maybe she’s already awake though. I went upstairs towards the guest’s room to call her. I knocked once then twice and thrice but she isn’t responding.

 

“Hey. It’s time for dinner… Hyejeong?” I knocked again but that didn’t help me. I opened tried to open the door and it is indeed open. This girl. Doesn’t she even know how to lock a door? She’s too troublesome!

 

I opened the door and I saw her on the bed leaning on her left shoulder sleeping. I walked near her and saw her sleeping face for the first time.

 

“Hyejeong, get up.” Well Ten, no one will ever wake up if your voice is as low as that. Maybe I really don’t want to wake her up. She’s so beautiful. What? Did I just say that? Eww.

 

I pulled the stool beside the bed and sat on her side. I just realized how long her lashes were. Her nose is crinkling every now and then and her lips moving like she was eating or something. How weird. I pushed her shoulder once again to wake her up. But she only changer her position and lay flat on the bed with her head tilted on her right side. Her hand was searching for a pillow. The moment she got one she wrapped it around her thighs and hugged the pillow. Oh shoot, she’s wearing shorts. This girl is so offending.

 

I pulled the sheets of the bed to wrap her like a caterpillar. “Yah Hyejeong! I told you to wake up!” Finally, she’s now awake. But she seemed so angry. “What the hell Ten? I was having a very good dream!”

 

“What? Dreaming about Taeyong again? Move on!”

 

“You little devil. I’d like to punish you but I’m really comfortable with this bed, I want to sleep more.”

 

“You can’t. They’re waiting downstairs. Be ready in ten minutes.” I stormed out of the room with my heart feeling all fluttering. This is so bad.

 

HYEJEONG'S POV

 

What the hell, I was waken up with a bed sheet wrapping around my face. This stupid Ten! I got up and washed my face. What should I wear? But I only had a simple pair of sandals, ripped denim shorts and white knitted blouse. Guess I could pull this off. I’m the almighty queen Hyejeong anyway.

 

I dressed up and curled my hair and put on a light natural make-up. I’d love to hear a compliment from them. I went down and looked for Ten. I saw his whole family who prepared a very beautiful dinner by the pool.

 

“Good evening.”

 

“Sit here my child. Since you’re a good friend to Ten, you can call me mother too.” She tapped the sit beside her.

 

“Oh, thank you so much.” I was so touched by her words but I was touched the most by the food that I am seeing placed in the table.

 

“Ten you’re here. Come and sit beside Hyejeong.” Oh, why is Ten wearing a suit? I look around and saw them wearing cocktails and dresses. I didn’t know it was a formal dinner! And besides, I don’t have a dress with me, who would want to wear such dress? This is so embarrassing. Ten sat beside me casually.

 

“Hey Ten, you didn’t tell me it was a formal dinner. I did not dress up and I don’t have one!” I whispered to his ears softly not forgetting to smile once in a while not to create a confusion.

 

“I told you to be ready right? And besides what you wear doesn’t really matter. You’re a guest so you’re and exemption.”

 

“This is so awkward Ten.”

 

“Hyejeong? Are you uncomfortable with what you’re wearing? Tern has a lot of cute dresses a few years ago when she was little, I guess that could fit you right.”

 

TEN'S POV

 

I literally laughed inside when I saw Hyejeong wearing a simple casual outfit. It was so cute though. But my mom insisted that she should change so Tern lead her to her room.

 

A few moments later I saw her from the back door, wearing a godly-like dress with a crown of flowers above her curly hair. She was smiling cutely as she walks along the pool through the scented candles. I gasped at the view. That was probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

 

My heart was fluttering and I was feeling all weird things in my stomach. I can sense my mom poking my side.

 

"Now get up and lend her a hand gentleman."

 

I don't know why but I did not complain this time. I walked towards her smiling figure and offered my hand. She slapped it at first making me frustrated but she took it in the end. I took her small hand in mine. It seems like it's my first time holding her hand. Her hands were so small like it could break anytime I was careful of her and pulled out the chair for her.

 

"It seems like a miracle that Ten is so nice to me. I never knew you had that in you Ten, might as well savor the moment." She was laughing as she punched my arm.

 

"Savor this moment because this is the first and last time I'll do this for you."

 

"Alright calm down young man. We have plenty to eat, I can't wait to eat your family's food!"

 

We started eating for dinner and we were laughing the whole night. I had to even sing in front of everyone and that was too embarrassing because Hyejeong's watching but I did it anyway because mom asked me to do so.

 

I saw Hyejeong angling her pointer finger like she has something to say. I leaned closer and tilted my head for her to reach my ears.

 

"Ten, don't you think I look like heavenly tonight?" What? So she wanted a compliment.

 

"No, nothing changed, just clothes."

 

"Okay! I'll take that as a yes. Thanks!" Seriously.

 

The night ended cheerfully. I talked together with my sister who missed me a lot. We're really close so I get it why she's crying. I hugged her to calm down. After, she told me everything that's been happening in her school and her friends.

 

"Tern, you are not yet supposed to date. Wait until you finish school."

 

"But brother, you're not even finished with school and yet you're already dating. That's unfair!"

 

"What? Who said that I'm dating who?"

 

"It's obvious. You're dating her."

 

"Hyejeong? No I'm not."

 

"Seriously? But you like her don't you?" I just stared at the pool as we swing on the hammock.

 

"Come on. You always share it to me. I know you." After thinking deeply, I decided to tell a slice to her.

 

"You know Tern, dating when you're an idol in Korea is very complicated. It can ruin everything, my career and my family. Especially now that I'm going to debut as a singer and under SM." I looked at her and she just nodded.

 

"You remember why they asked you to delete your posts with me? And told you not to post anything with me on the picture? That's one thing. Every word I utter can lead to a huge misunderstanding and that's very troublesome. Right now, I maybe liking someone but that doesn't mean I'm going to let my career die just like that. You know I've worked for this all my life right?"

 

She just nodded at me and smiled. I took her in my arms and hugged her.

 

"You're still my baby Tern and I'll always be your best big brother."

 

It was past midnight when we finished. I went straight to my room to rest but instead of having a nice nap, I was restless. I kept replaying the scene earlier in the pool and the dinner. I should really just focus on my debut and my dreams. I shouldn't be shaken.

 

I walked downstairs to get a cup of water and rest along the pool in the hammock. I saw someone who's secretly opening the fridge and it was indeed the one and only Hyejeong.

 

HYEJEONG'S POV

 

I know my brain is already awake but my body is still sleeping. I was smiling in my sleep as I imagine the morning birds greet me. I woke up and stood up. I opened the door expecting a sunshine only to be greeted by a dark sky.

 

What? It's still night?

 

I looked at the wall clock at noticed that it's barely past 1:50AM

 

Seems like slept a little bit early today. I went upstairs as soon as the dinner ended. I told them they needed time together as a family, well I wanted to really rest too. I walked downstairs to get a glass of cold water. It's kinda creepy having to walk in a big house at this time of the night. I walked as silently as possible. I laugh at myself because I'm like a cat thief. I opened the fridge. My eyes sparkled at what I saw.

 

Their fridge is the legit gateway to heaven. It's full of chocolates, a cake, ice creams, meat rolls, cheeses, wines and other snacks you can eat at night. Oh gosh, can I live here?!

 

Being a good girl as I am, I only took water. I was slightly disappointed for not being able to eat any of those.

 

"I live a very sad life because I can't eat you."

 

"You can." I was startled by the voice I heard and slammed the door.

 

"I did say you can eat but I did not say that you can destroy our fridge."

 

"Ten! You scared me!"

 

He smirked. "Scaredy cat."

 

"Why are you still awake?"

 

"I slept early."

 

"I noticed that."

 

"You? Can't sleep?"

 

He took the water from me and poured himself a glass.

 

"Yeah. I wanted to be awake while I'm still in this house."

 

"Oh, that's hard to do." He opened back the fridge and grabbed a long box of chocolate and an ice cream. My eyes sparkled in anticipation. He walked away from the kitchen towards who knows where.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Me? I'm going to eat. You should go to sleep."

 

"You know Ten, what I hate the most is when people leave their friend to eat alone at night. Don’t you think that’s a little bit rude right? So I have no choice but to eat with you."

 

"But I've never been so shocked and scared not until this morning." I was still following him to the living room.

 

"I said I'm sorry right. Let me make up to you by eating with youuuu.  Pleeease"

 

He looked back at me and smiled. I brought up my spoon ready to dig in and giggled.

 

~~~~~

 

TEN'S POV

 

"So why were you awake?" She asked casually while she took a spoonful of ice cream. We were both on the hammock swinging back and forth.

 

"You should never eat like that in front of Taeyong." I said looking at her slightly disgusted by how she eats yet delighted by how she manages to look gorgeous in my eyes while eating like that.

 

"I know. I'm the ugliest but it's alright if it's with you."

 

"Oh, it's fine if it's me?"

 

"Yeap, we're close anyways. I can be who I am when I’m with you.”

 

My eyes almost popped out on the ice cream box when she said that. I shouldn’t have been shocked or amazed by that. I know already how she thinks of me. She only sees me as a great bully friend and nothing more than that. I don’t mind these little butterflies that seemed like growing day by day because the more I mind about it, the more it grows so I just let it be.

 

But now that I am thinking through it again, I guess it’s better this way. It’s better to have her by my side as a friend than to never have her beside me.

 

You know sometimes, I think it's nice that we met that way." You know what, thinking on the other sad side, I am really going to end up in the friend-zone club. Might as well apply as the new president of the club.

 

"What do you mean that way?"

 

"I mean, meeting you on the street and that incident. I mean. WAIT!"

 

"Why are you shouting?!" I was startled when she raised her voice. I almost slipped the ice cream box I was holding.

 

"How could you do that Ten?! Of all things to hold me why there! I'm such a tarnished woman now.” There she goes off again, flying from one topic to another. What a very weird Hyejeong. And now she’s bringing that up again! Ah! My life!

 

"What the hell. Are you still thinking about that? I don't even remember touching you there, is there even something to touch?"

 

"Huh wow! Just wow. At least I'm 100% natural and how about you though, you don't even have abs, you're all bones."

 

"Oh so is this a battle of iness?"

 

"Can you just move a little I wanted to lean on the side." She rested her back and lay full on the hammock.

 

"Ten, we're going to fall if you sit like that. Lean on the other side." I placed the ice cream and chocolate on the side table and moved to lean against the hammock.

 

We are now both leaning on both sides of the hammock, swinging back and forth.

 

"Look Ten, the night is shining so brightly. You can't really see stars in Seoul. Good thing I came here with you yet it makes me miss my family.” And now from a yelling Hyejeong, she becomes sentimental Hyejeong. What can I do with her??

 

I stopped talking and she did too, finally. We were seemed to be so focused on the aesthetic night view above us that we were both unaware that we fell asleep from all the talk we had last night.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Last one for tonight. I love you all.

/keycesaneww (April 4, 2017; 10:35PM)