WOUND MENDED

Breaking Boundaries

Yes! My first ever tour for work, we’re traveling to Thailand!

 

We are so early today! I have to wake up at three! I can't imagine that this is the life I had chosen for myself. I woke up 4AM to prepare myself, my things and to have enough time to work on my airport fashion and my makeup.

 

Since it's going to be a little hot in Thailand, I wore a miniskirt that wrapped thoroughly around my waist topped with a black high cut sleeve, black sneakers, a cap and a mask.

 

http://k-airportfashion.tumblr.com/image/129218863707

 

We were asked to meet in the building around 5:30AM. Our flight is around 8AM and we have to be there as early as possible to get through the embassy quickly. I saw the other team and staff already waiting outside the building. After logging in, I just waited outside like everyone else.

 

I see the members of NCT outside the van, I can see Taeyong, Jaehyun, Doyoung, Taeil, Mark and Ten. Sighing, I look on the ground. I wanted to go to where they are but there's a limit to that. I should keep that in mind if I want to keep my job and let them success.

 

When I just decided to become like a nobody to them, faith's hand stepped in.

 

I am now seated in the airport with Taeyong beside me. On my right is the aisle and the chair next to the aisle was Ten sitting excitedly. I have never been so nervous in a flight before. I tried to look at Taeyong but he's already sleeping. I sighed once more. I really don't have the idea if I should be celebrating right now or mourning. I don't know what to feel.

 

Is my luck turning on sides now? I wanted to talk to him at least. I pulled my phone and as the luckiest girl I am, it fell on the floor. Good thing it was not broken. I bent down to get it but I saw another hand trying to get it instead. I looked up and saw Taeyong who slightly smiled at me then gave me my phone.

 

"Thank you." He just smiled and nodded his head. Ah, he's going to sleep again. This guy is so grumpy.

 

"Uhm, I'm Hyejeong, a makeup artist. I work for your group."

 

I thought he didn't hear me but he opened his eyes. I was startled a little bit.

 

"I know. I saw your profile before you come in for interview. I was really wondering how you became too close to Ten?"

 

"Uhm, excuse me?"

 

"You see, you're the same age as him but you're still younger than him by ten months and you call him just Ten. Guess you're not that polite."

 

My mouth was left hanging while trying to absorb all the words he said. Then he closed his eyes and went back to sleep. So now he's the cocky one?

 

"Wait, are you kidding me? Hey, wake up!" I pushed him by his shoulder to wake him up.

 

He didn't even bother. He did what he wanted. He's such a jerk. I my right to look at Ten who's having a great time with Johnny. Uh, I never actually thought that this day could start badly. I put all the effort to look like a goddess and yet I'm being stressed by the guy I'm having a crush on.

 

TAEYONG'S POV

 

Now I get why he's so irritated and yet attracted to you.

 

It was such a nice day when we were introduced to our makeup artists, stylists, and other staff. It was a good day when I noticed Ten talking very familiar to the person we just met.

 

Oh so that's what it was. She's the girl he's been so worked up on. I sit on the plane thinking so hard how to talk to her. She's been looking all over the place and then at Ten. Does she like him?

 

Might as well start a conversation with her. As we talked, I realized that she's really beautiful. I was trying to sound cool but I ended up sounding cocky. I slapped my face in my head. That's the reason why you should never open your mouth Taeyong. I just acted like I was asleep. I can't afford to open this mouth of mine.

 

"Hey. Ten and I are good friends and we met even before working here so I guess that's fine. And stop going to sleep when the other person has still something to say."

 

Yeah, I know both of you met first before even becoming work-mates. I can still hear her complaints even after closing my eyes. She's really talking against me without any hesitation. What a funny girl.

 

"Aish, go ahead sleep goofy guy."

 

Did she just call me goofy? Better sleep than argue with her. I bet Ten's already eyeing us a while ago.

 

I should just continue on acting like I’m asleep. Soon, I drift into a slumber and to see her waking me up.

 

“Hey, grandpa, wake up!” I opened my weary eyes. I was really tired from over exhaustion in the practice room. It’s our first day of showcase in Thailand so I really have to give it my best shot. Going back to what’s happening to me right now, I see this beautiful girl with awful attitude that makes her image the other side around.

 

I stood up and passed by her, I even purposely let my shoulder touch against her side to swiftly push her. She’s so irritating. “Hey, this kid here doesn’t really know what’s respect.”

 

“Wow, and that came from a girl two years younger than me. You should better hurry up or else you’ll find yourself flying back to Korea.”

 

~~~~~

 

We started rehearsing for tonight’s show. Everyone’s really busy and me? My heart’s really beating fast.  I’m one of the rookies in SM who’ve trained the longest along with Johnny and Mark and this right here, is a dream come true. Though it’s not yet in my own country and we’re not yet releasing any official track, this is still way better than being locked up in the practice room for years. Finally, I can hear the screams that I’ve longed for.

 

I see Ten, and realized that he was nervous as much as I am. He was constantly asking about the flow of the script, playlists, and other things with the translator. I guess he’s really excited too. He’s come a long way to reach where he is right now. I can feel my hands turning cold so I went back to the waiting room to look for a heater. I guess I was still panicking because my hands were still shaking, when I hold the heater I accidentally pushed it from the table making it fall from it. My reflex reacted so fast as I stretched my hand to catch it only to find my right hand cut open by a scissor on the table.

 

Aish. Stupid Taeyong. The cut was quite long, but not deep. It started from the end of my pinky finger along the lines of my wrist and it’s bleeding.

 

“This is bad. If the manager will see this, I’ll surely receive a hard scolding for not being careful.” I don’t want that. I roamed through the medicine kit when I heard some footsteps along the threshold. I hid my right hand beside me and stood still waiting for that stranger, probably a staff to come in.

 

Ah, it’s just her. “Taeyong, what are you still doing here? The rehearsal’s going to start any moment.”

 

“Nothing, just, go.”

 

“Why should I? You don’t own this room though.” I can feel the blood from my hand flowing. This isn’t really good.

 

She narrowed her eyes at me. I can sense that she can just see right through me. “What’s that your hiding behind your back?”

 

“Just go.”

 

“What is that? Are you doing something weird? Let me see.”

 

“I said just go.” Of course, the stubborn girl that she is, she will never listen to me. She pushed her way in like she didn’t care how I’d think about her. She pulled my hand and just touched where the damn cut is.

 

“Ouch! Be careful!” I hissed through the pain. The cut now starts to sting really bad.

 

“Oh my god! You’re bleeding! What happened to you?” I grit my teeth while looking at my hand.

 

“Sit here, and stay, I’ll go get some med.” I don’t want to cause trouble but it would be more troublesome to do it myself so I just let her be.

 

“When did you get that cut? You should be more careful! If your fans see this then they’d worry and it makes people around you worried too. I’ll tell the staff that you got this accidentally.”

 

“Why are you acting so worried? Are you my fan then? Don’t act as if you are concerned because I am not buying it.”

 

“What the hell? Are you still acting like a brat now? Of course, human as I am, it is very natural to be worried! What kind of human on earth would possibly be celebrating with joy watching another human in pain?”

 

She straight dead looked at me with firm and determined eyes. She purposely pressed against the and make me wince in pain.

 

“Ah shh. What the hell.”

 

“I will not and will never pretend to be someone I am not.” She kept staring at me and slowly, her words started to sink in. I looked away when I realized that we’ve been staring more than what normal unacquainted people would.

 

I don’t know if I could really trust her. I am not really convinced that she doesn’t have any evil intention in getting too close to Ten. And now, to me?

 

I never really trusted anyone outside from the NCT members ever since that happened. I was just left in the room thinking too deep again while looking at the would she mended.

 

~~~~~

 

HYEJEONG'S POV

 

SM Rookies Showcase in Thailand for NCT is going well. It’s actually their last showcase in this country now, since February, they’ve been promoting non-stop. As days go by, more and more people are coming to their show. Sadly, it’s their last show today.

 

So far, the show has been really good. I haven’t heard anything from Taeyong since then at the dressing room. I hope what I said got a little bit into his head. It really seems like he’s afraid in letting other people inside his circle after NCT. I’ve heard other staff before talking about Taeyong and his past life. It was something about his friends or alike. I never really get to hear everything because I low-key felt guilty on hearing people’s past from other person. And it would be really bad for me too, since I don’t want my ears to be tainted by unnecessary and even false rumors.

 

This week, we’re going to film NCT Life in Bangkok. Ten will be the main star of this season and today, we are going to visit his school for a decade, Shrewsbury International School. This brat, Ten, never really told me that his family is super damn rich! He and his sister has been studying in this school for a decade and paying more or least $30,000 per year! What the hell, I would never earn that money for years!

 

I was in the dressing room with the rookies and the other staff and went straight ahead for Ten.

 

TEN'S POV

 

“Yah!” Hyejeong pinched my side arm.

 

“What now?”

 

“Why you never told me you ‘were’ I mean ‘are’ a prince of Thailand?!” What the hell is she talking about this time? Seriously, this girl needs to let me calm down every once in a while.

“What are you talking about? Have you lost your brain?”

 

“I mean why did you not tell me that you are a damn rich kid and you go promising me for a food to eat but ended buying me food from the company’s canteen?! You are so mean! My gosh.” She placed her right hand on the wrinkles forming around her nostrils and the other hand her my heart. Ladies and gentlemen, the over-dramatic Hyejeong comes to play.

 

“You’re overreacting. Just finish your work here because as you can see everyone’s done with their hair and make-up and mine barely even started.”

 

“But Ten, you promised me you’d be me real food!”  She’s being like this because I didn’t treat her an expensive food. What an ungrateful brat.

 

“I said I will didn’t I? Do you want me to skip the shooting and go have breakfast with you outside?”

 

“Omo, is it really fine for you to skip the shoot? The directors will be really mad, but if you insist, my stomach is up for a good eating.” I am going crazy because of Hyejeong and this alone summarizes my 2016 with her.

 

“Do you want me to kill you?!”

 

“Alright Ten, I’m sorry okay? Let’s just get your make up done and then we’ll eat later. E HE HE HE.” That laugh if making me feel all improper things in the demon world.

 

~~~~~

 

HYEJEONG'S POV

 

“Ten! Why did you cry earlier?” I asked him while trying to fix his make-up and even trying to conceal his now swollen eyes. “Did you miss your school teachers that much?”

We’re in the van fixing his make-up. The other guys have perfectly finished theirs and went on to change clothes for the photo shoot for Seventeen magazine. I hear him sighing.

 

“It’s hard Hyejeong. Even now, it is really hard for me. It’s hard to express myself in a language I barely even master. It’s a blessing I can communicate with Johnny, Mark, Jaehyun and of course you, in English. What’s harder is the life I am giving up in exchange for my dreams.”

 

I sometimes think when Ten is being serious like this, he’s the most admiring and inspiring.  He’s been chasing for his dreams since he was a kid and now he’s almost there and I guess everything is starting to sink in in his little mind.

 

The life of an idol is never easy, it is rather very hard and unimaginable life to live in. I can only pray and hope for Ten to be really successful and happy with whatever he does in his life.


________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:  First of all, I am super SORRY for taking this long. I haven't had any progress at all when I said I already finished 9 chapters of this book. I am still on the same part and I've barely even finished some of the chapters. I am FINALLY back since I just graduated from college. You know guys, College is really really tough for me it was hectic. I was even amazed how I got althoughout that without even fainting. (Skips all the drama) I am currently re-reading the things I've written because it seems like I've forgotten my original plot and had to revise some parts.. 

I promise to myself that no matter what happens, I will finish this book. Never have I ever written a series that I successfully ended (because I am easily bored and I'm lazy af) and I want to challenge myself to finally finish something I have started. I don't even know if someone will still read  my story, but that's fine. I just want to achieve my goal and that is to finish ONE book. 

For everyone who's been silenty reading  this, thank you so much for even bothering to waste your time reading. I love you all.

/keycesaneww