Chapter Three

Our House

Weigyeol4lyfe

OMG GUYZ GUYZ GUYZ!!

seen by NoTeaSomeShade and IMwhatIM

 

IMwhatIM

What are you screaming about now,  Chanmi? ((Why did you change the chat color pink?))

seen by Weigyeol4lyfe and NoTeaSomeShade

 

Weigyeol4lyfe

You will not BELIEVE who I just saw at the store…WEI AND KOGYEOL!!! ASFDKL;GH!! ((I didn't Bitto did.))

seen by IMwhatIM and NoTeaSomeShade

 

NoTeaSomeShade

Gurl. I see them every day. And? ((Don't ask why! Pink is a boss color.))

seen by Weigyeol4lyfe And IMwhatIM

 

Weigyeol4lyfe

Well, when I saw them, they were walking next to each other in the produce section, and it looked like Wei was more interested in checking out Ko’s cucumber, if you know what I mean.  ;) ;)

Seen by NoTeaSomeShade and IMwhatIM

 

IMwhatIM

….

Seen by NoTeaSomeShade and Weigyeol4lyfe

 

NoTeaSomeShade

Oooooooo, Gurl. Don’t ever say nothing like that again.

Seen by Weigyeol4lyfe and IMwhatIM

 

Weigyeol4lyfe

Whaaat? Anyway, it also looked like Kogyeol was checking out Wei’s , too. Cause there was one point where Wei bent down to get something and KO LOOKED AWAY AND STARTED BLUSHING REALLY HARD OMG MY SHIPPP!!

Seen by NoTeaSomeShade and IMwhatIM

 

NoTeaSomeShade

Okay, I’m interested now.

Seen by Weigyeol4lyfe and IMwhatIM

 

IMwhatIM

Why do you guys freak out about those two so much? They’re just two guys who room together….

seen by NoTeaSomeShade and Weigyeol4lyfe

 

NoTeaSomeShade

You...you don’t get it. It’s the that those two DO that have us acting like this.

seen by IMwhatIM and Weigyeol4lyfe

IMwhatIM

Okay...still don't get it. But whatever, just explain it to me when I get inside. Come open your door.

seen by NoTeaSomeShade and Weigyeol4lyfe

 

NoTeaSomeShade

Bro, what?

seen by Weigyeol4lyfe and IMwhatIM


 

IMwhatIM

I’m in your hallway. Hurry up and open the door. I feel like a creep…

Seen by NoTeaSomeShade and WeigyeolGurl

 

WeigyeolGurl

Awww! A sleepover and no one invited me!? How cruel….

seen by NoTeaSomeShade and IMwhatIM

 

NoTeaSomeShade

No one invited Changkyun, either…

Seen by IMwhatIM and Weigyeol4lyfe

 

IMwhatIM

Yah! Just shut up and open the door!!

Seen by NoTeaSomeShade and WeigyeolGurl

 

NoTeaSomeShade

Alright, alright! I’m coming. So rude…

Seen by IMwhatIM and WeigyeolGurl

 

Bitto got up, made his way to his front door and unlocked it. However, before he could even open it himself, it was forcefully thrown open by his friend who proceeded to walk into the room without any invitation to do so.

‘Ello, mate, What’s going on?” Changkyun asked, British accent heavy on his tongue, as he flopped on Bitto’s bed as if he owned it, leaning on a elbow to look at the other male as if he didn't just barge into his best friend’s house unannounced..

“That’s what I should be asking you...what the hell are you here for? And why are you still doing that stupid accent knowing damn well we grew up down the street from each other? Sounding like a broke down Doctor Who...” Bitto asked as he finally regained his balance from being thrown by the door.

“Well, that’s just cold. I was born in the UK and I happen to like my accent, thank you very much. Plus can’t a guy come and visit his very dear best friend every so often?” Changkyun asked, feigning innocence with his hand to his chest in mock offense. Bitto rolled his eyes.

“Riiiiight, okay Changkyun. And not when every other time he’s at said best friend’s house the guy complains about how bored he is. ” Bitto retorted nonchalantly.

“Whaaaat? You’re not that boorii-” Changkyun was cut off by a raise of the eyebrow from Bitto. “Okay, you caught me.” He deadpanned, “Kihyun kicked me out.”

“What? What the did you do?” Bitto asked, leaning back against the wall behind him and crossing his arms.

“I DON’T KNOW! I was just minding my own business-” Changkyun started, sitting up to a cross leg position and giving a hard shrug.

“You mean rapping at 4 am again?” Bitto interrupted once again, earning a glare and a pout from his friend.

“You just have no faith in my rap skills, do you?” Changkyun questioned feigning hurt at the careless words.

“I do….kinda. Anyway lemme guess, you woke up the whole house with your ‘awesome rap skills’, right?” Bitto asked.

“Well, not everyone. Just the princess, Hyungwon.” Changkyun stated with a glare off to the side as he thought of the mentioned person. “He got up and started fussing about how I was  ‘disturbing his beauty sleep’,” Changkyun punctuated with air quotes and mocked Hyungwon’s words. “And I told him that’s what earplugs are for, he said that even earplugs couldn't ‘block my yelling’, I wasn't going for his insults, a couple fists were thrown, everyone else woke up,  and suddenly I was the bad guy. Kihyun threw me out with nothing but the clothes on my back. Oh, and this piece of cheese.” He pouted, pulling a Velveeta cheese slice out of his pocket. Bitto didn't even try to hide his look of disgust at the fact that Changkyun even had that.

“Okay, so I guess I was the first person who’s house you thought to come to….how nice…” Bitto trailed, still judging his friend with disgust as the man opened the cheese slice, split it, and took a bite out of half of it. He offered the other half to Bitto, who merely shook his head to decline the offer.

Changkyun shrugged and continued eating the cheese. “Well, you were the closest and your pushover landlord gives me free food, so why not?” He stated.

Bitto deadpanned. “Wow, I feel so loved, ya’ limey bastard.” He said in an overly sarcastic voice. Changkyun gave a toothy smile in return.

“Anyway, what’s been up with you, friend?” Changkyun asked, getting comfortable in Bitto’s bed, “You pay that rent yet?”

Bitto put his hand to his head and his other up in front of him. “Don't. Bring that up. I’m so mad about that, you don't even know.”

“Soooooooooo that’s a yes, or…?” Changkyun trailed.

“Yeah, but them sly s….” Bitto began, and proceeded to tell the story of how Jinhoo and his demon neighbor, Sunyoul s him out of his binocular money. “But you know what? I’m not even mad! They can have it. Matter of fact, Jinhoo can use it to do something ‘bout them German sausages he calls lips! They some snakes, right?” he finished looking for consolation from his dear best friend. He looked over expecting to hear an agreeing response from his friend. However, he was only met with the man’s peacefully sleeping and soft snoring form curled up in his bed.

“Yah! When did you fall asleep!?” Bitto exclaimed towards the male, only earning a slight stirring in response. He sighed, then made his way over to the bedside.

“Aish, this guy...He’s lucky I like him.” He said as he situated the covers over his friend, then decided to go to the kitchen and make himself some tea.

Changkyun woke a few hours later to a dark room and his friend missing. He looked at his phone to find it dead and groaned. After a bit of scrounging around because he was too lazy to turn on the lamp, he located what he believed to be Bitto’s phone charger and hooked his phone to it. ‘He won’t mind.’ Changkyun thought to himself. Then decided to go find his friend and bother him. Or find food. Whichever came first. He hoped it was food over the former. As he exited his friend’s room, he looked over and saw one of the other house tenants leaving from the room next door. The guy looked small, bucktoothed, and innocent enough for Changkyun to get the odd desire to cuddle him…

The innocent looking guy looked up from his door and spotted Changkyun. “Oh hello, How are you?” He asked, giving off a warm smile.

"Hi. I’m fine…” Changkyun trailed. ‘Is that a dude? Why does he sound like a chick!? And why do I wanna hug him…?’ Changkyun thought to himself.

The male’s warm smile turned to a look of curiosity. “You’re a new face. What brings you here? And why are you coming from Bitto’s room?” The man asked, then gasped. “ Oh my god, are you a thief!? KUUUHN-!!”

“N-NO! It’s not like that!!” Changkyun interrupted, taking a few steps toward the guy with his hands out in front of him, trying to calm the guy down. The guy looked at him in confusion once again.

“Then why are…? Wait…” another look of realization crossed the man’s face, “Are you...his boyfriend?” the man gasped again.

“What?” Changkyun asked breathlessly , “No, I’m just his friend!”

“Ahhhh, I see.” the guy replied with a knowing expression , “You guys are ‘friends’, I get it…I'll keep your secret,” He winked.

Changkyun’s face twisted into confusion, but he just shook his head. “Okay, whatever, do you know where he is?” He asked the guy.

“Oooooo, you sly dog, already looking for round two?” The guy questioned, the knowing smirk still on his face.

“What? Round tw-” Changkyun questioned, until he realized what the man was inferring, “NO! Where are you even getting this from?”

“Well, your hair and your clothes are all messed up, for one.” The guy started, “You came from Bitto's room, you’re missing a sock, plus it looks like you're..” He listed, then pointed downwards towards Changkyun’s lower region.

“OKAY!” Changkyun cut him off, “Just, okay. Let’s suppose I WAS looking for...round...two..” He managed to get out through gritted teeth. “Do you know where he might happen to be?”

“No.” The guy stated simply. Changkyun’s mouth dropped open and he glared at him.

“Then what was the point in-!”

“But!” The male interrupted, “I can help you look for him.”

“Oh…” Changkyun trailed, “Thanks, I guess…?”

“No problem.” The guy stated, his warm smile returning. “I’m Sunyoul, by the way. What’s your name?” The guy, Sunyoul, asked.

“Changkyun, but people call me IM.” Changkyun introduced himself slowly, questioning the guy's motives. He offered a hand and Sunyoul looked at it with one thing on his mind: ‘do people call you that or is that what you call  yourself?’

“Okay, hi Changkyun. I’d shake your hand but I don't know how far up Bitto’s it’s been.” Sunyoul cheerily stated. “Nice accent by the way.”

“I SAID WE’RE NOT- wait...did you just call me Changkyun…?” Changkyun trailed.

“Yeah, IM sounds a bit stupid, don’t you think?” Sunyoul replied simply ignoring the weight of his words crushing the wannabe Brit’s poor heart.

“But-” Changkyun whined.

“Let’s go look for Bitto, shall we? Follow me.” Sunyoul ignored his short protest and walked past Changkyun, who stared after the guy in disbelief.

“Did he just…? Yah! Get back here!” He exclaimed, following behind Sunyoul.

The two began their search through the halls with Changkyun whining about how he’d rather be called IM, and Sunyoul just refusing the man’s request every time. After about the fifth time, Changkyun finally decided  to give it a rest as he knew Sunyoul was not gonna listen to him.

“Fine, call me what you want.” Changkyun pouted “Anyway, where the hell is Changhyun?”

“Thank you, I will. And I honestly wish I knew.” Sunyoul stated. ‘Then I wouldn't have to sit here and listen to you complain about your name this whole time.’ He thought to himself. Right after that thought, as if on cue, a beautiful piano melody was heard by the two.

“Hm? A piano? Who's playing the piano?” Changkyun questioned, looking around for the source.

Sunyoul, who was also looking around, shrugged. “I didn't even know we had a- wait!” Sunyoul snapped as a realization hit him. “Now I remember, Jinhoo was talking about how he got a piano put in the common room recently!”

“That must be where the music’s coming from!” Changkyun exclaimed.

“Y-yep. You got it.” Sunyoul managed through a gritted smile and twitching eyebrow. ‘No ing , sherlock.’ He thought.  “Anyway, let’s head there and see if whoever’s playing knows where Bitto is.” Sunyoul suggested.

The two followed the sound to the common room. However, when they got to the doorway, both froze in their spots and their mouths hung open. Sitting at the piano, playing a movie soundtrack worthy melody was none other than NoTeaSomeShade himself, Bitto. He looked almost majestic as his fingers danced on the ebony and ivory keys and the muscles in his back flexed with the movements of his arms. Gentle and full of grace his hands continued to mingle with the instrument creating beautiful sounds of music. Neither of the other two men moved a muscle as Bitto played. Both were in awe at the fact that he even played it, let alone so beautifully.

Bitto stopped playing the piano to take a sip of tea from the cup sitting on top of the piano. It was a little known fact that he could play, but he’d been doing it since childhood. It helped him relieve the stress that tea *surprisingly* couldn't. As he was taking a sip of the warm liquid, he sensed someone behind him. However, he froze after turning around to see who it was. Changkyun was there, yeah, but so was...he

As Bitto had turned to look at the two men behind him with the tea cup still to his lips, neither male knew what to say. The one who finally broke the silence was Changkyun.“Changhyun, that was...amazing. How come you never told m-”

“NO!!! YOU. GO AWAY!!” Bitto interrupted Changkyun with his screaming, backing up against the piano and almost spilling the tea in his cup.

Changkyun got a look of confusion. “What? Dude, I thought we were friends?”

“Not you, dimwit.” Bitto responded, then glared at Sunyoul and growled, “him…”

Changkyun followed Bitto's gaze to the guy next to him. “...Him?” He asked, signaling at Sunyoul with his thumb and turning back to Bitto utterly confused.

Yesssss…” Bitto hissed like a freaking snake as he cautiously eyed the bunny boy. Sunyoul sighed.

“...But he’s harmless.” Changkyun stated.

“That’s what he wants you to think. Quick! Run from him while you can!” Bitto exclaimed.

Sunyoul sighed. “Bitto, this is crazy, I just wanted to tell you you're-” He began, only to be cut off by Bitto.

“I don’t want to hear it, pretty Satan!” Bitto exclaimed.

“Bitto, you’re being ridiculous! Here, I’ll show you- AHHHHH!” Sunyoul tried to approach Bitto to prove he wouldn't hurt him, only for Bitto’s burning beverage to end up in his face.

“I TOLD YOU GO AWAY! QUICK, CHANGKYUN, RUUUUUUN!!” Bitto hollered as he raced past Sunyoul and Changkyun back in the direction of his room.

Changkyun quickly looked back and forth between the retreating Bitto and injured Sunyoul, trying to decide what exactly he should do.

Just what in the hell just happened?

“What happened?!” as if on cue, Jinhoo seemingly popped out the woodworks. “Oh my goodness!” Jinhoo gasped dramatically when he saw Sunyoul clutching his red face. “He's as red as a freaking lobster! Are you okay???” Jinhoo started to fret over him.

“N-no…” Sunyoul groaned in pain. ‘Are you ing serious right now? Do I look Okay?? I ing hate you all.’ Jinhoo sprung into action pulling out his emergency first aid and immediately started to administer cooling gel to his burns.

“That Bitto! He’s such a naughty kid, you could be disfigured for life!” Jinhoo cried as he also bandaged up any prior cuts he had. Changkyun watched as he walked around cleaning up and rambling on and on like a house mother complaining about her kids. “Oh! Changkyun-ssi you're here! Here I have this for you,” like magic Jinhoo pulled out Changkyun’s favorite, cheese.

“Here you go, did you eat? Do you want some of this pineapple upside down cake?” Jinhoo was already cutting a slice before Changkyun  could say anything. He was completely like a mom and it was scaring him, he felt he need to be as good as he can so, this precious landlord could have peace.

“What the was all that noise?” suddenly the atmosphere turned rigid as another body soon hauled his way into the room. “I heard screaming and yelling. And it's not Xiao this time.” their maintenance man, No Sooil had stated in a groggy voice. He looked like a sleepy grizzly that just got woken up and was out for blood. Changkyun stood stiff as he watched the man lumber into the room, hoping that doing nothing would keep him on the guy’s good side.

“Kuhn!” Jinhoo sat down a plate of cake in front of the tall tenant and then continued to care for Sunyoul’s wounds.

‘He's a real house wife….’ Changkyun  thought before deciding to gtfo and go check on Bitto.

“That damn demon almost got me again! I won't take any chances!” when  found the other he was curled up in a ball in the pantry caressing a box of tea. Changkyun rolled his eyes and offered a hands to help him out.

“What’ever could have compelled you to do that?” Changkyun placed a hand on his hip and cocked an eyebrow waiting for a good excuse as to what just occurred. They were in the safety of Bitto’s room now as the green/blue haired boy sat wrapped up in his blanket dipping his tea bag into his fourth cup of tea.

“You wouldn’t understand so what's the point….” Bitto sighed. He really didn’t want to go through this again.

“Oh no you don’t you, arsehole,” Changkyun grabbed the cup of tea from Bitto’s iron grip and immediately ran over to the window threatening to throw it out.

“No, please!! My sanity!” Bitto cried in terror.

“Tell me what's wrong with you or the tea goes to the bushes.” Changkyun threatened.

“Ugh! FINE! Fine! Just don’t spill it that tea cost more than your life! I got it from an endangered flower from the Brazilian jungle!”

“....How the bloody he- Nope. First, you tell me about Sunyoul.”

“Okay, it all started when….”


{Flashback}

 

“This is pretty sweet, Chan!” Bitto gushed to his twin sister Chanmi over the phone. “Yeah, the new landlord is a complete ditz! He forgot I hadn’t paid for like three months!....So? Don’t judge my life! You’re the crazy obsessed fanatic out for my roommates! I can’t believe you made me install a camera in their living room!” Bitto huffed falling against his bed. He decided once she started going into hysterics about her “one true pairing” he would just leave his phone and travel to the kitchen for a night time snack.

Upon exiting, he came across his innocent neighbor coming home. Just as he was about to greet the bunny looking boy he realized something was quite….off.

Instead of his usual fluffy sweaters and neat hair, he was sporting a leather jacket and blood all over his face. He didn’t seem to have noticed Bitto, so, the tea lover used that to his advantage and hid away.

Sunyoul looked different...he looked scary. Even his eyes were a dark almost black color compared to his usual light brown hues. One may say it was a totally different person. Bitto saw another person, a female come into view as well. She looked completely dingy and wore very skimpy and very loose clothing, her makeup was smudge and she looked like she had an overall rough night.

“I told the poor er to have my money by 4pm because at 5pm KST the next episode of The Return of Superman comes on.” Sunyoul’s voice was way deeper than Bitto remembered. “It’s ing 9:24, did he think I was playing???” Sunyoul said with a crazy look in his eye.

“I tried to warn him, Daddy. I really did….” The female meekly trailed. Sunyoul turned  to her with a look of a deranged murderer.

“, did I SAY you could speak?” He asked, raising his hand as if to strike her. This led the girl to quickly shy away with a terrified apology.

Bitto was sure he was seeing things. No way the sweet bunny guy who he had tea with just two days ago was a hardcore gangsta. The guy sings girl group songs every morning, for God's sake. Bitto lost track of how many times he woke up thinking someone was watching a recording of Music Bank somewhere, only to find Sunyoul singing in the kitchen instead. ‘Yeah, it’s totally not what it looks like.’ Bitto told himself, until…

Sunyoul used his raised hand and ran it through his hair, balling his other one into a fist and placing it on his hip. “Whatever, at least I still got the cash from him. Plus he didn't die...I think.” Sunyoul trailed at the last thought then tsked, “I think I might have to fix that soon. Anyway, you can go now, I’ll see you tomorrow for my next payment.” The female bowed and turned to walk away, until Sunyoul addressed her again. “Oh, and Eva.” He started, the girl stopped, eyes wide with fear, and slowly turned back to face Sunyoul, only for the slapping sound of a harsh backhand and the loud thud of her hitting the ground to resound through the room. “The next time I have to come save you will be the last.” Sunyoul darkly stated.

Bitto’s hand flew over his mouth to try and muffle the loud gasp that left his lips. Seeing as neither party reacted to the sound, he thought he was in the clear and slowly began to back up, only for his back to collide with the saucer placed slightly over the edge of the counter. This caused the saucer and the cup on it to fall to the ground, loudly shattering and, much to Bitto’s despair, catching the attention of Sunyoul and the female. However, when Sunyoul went to see the cause of the sound, he only found ceramic shards in a puddle of tea on the floor.


{End Flashback}

 

“Are...are you sure it was him?” Changkyun asked.

“Trust me, I’d know those buck teeth and that feminine figure anywhere. It was him.” Bitto replied, looking down and fumbling with his thumbs.

“Good god, how did you get out of there, mate?” Changkyun asked, his hand lightly placed over his mouth at the shock from the story.

“There’s a lesser known backway from the kitchen to the first floor’s main hallway. I found it one day while I was looking for good places to spy on people. Just before Sunyoul got to the kitchen I had rushed through there and came back here, but I was never really sure if he saw me or not. That’s why I avoid him…” Bitto trailed. “So you see, I-”

Bitto was cut off by the sound of Changkyun’s light snoring.

“WHEN DID YOU FALL ASLEEP YOU LIMEY BASTARD??!!” Bitto hollered, then took a deep breath. Deciding to get ready for bed himself, Bitto go up and started to make his way to the bathroom for his nightly routine. “And this is exactly why I never tell anyone that story…” He mumbled to himself with a huff, before slowly closing his bedroom door behind him.


A/N: SO SORRY! Late late update but Bird-nim went out of the country for a while so....but anyway I'm glad to upload this and Bird-nim is the one who made IM british because "Y not? :V"

Thanks for reading! Comment & Sub & upvote~! you guys awesome!