Chapter Two

Our House

“You'll be fine, stop whining-I'll be back before you know it!” Kuhn rolled his eyes as Jinhoo’s crocodile tears fell down his puffed out cheeks.

“BU-but!” Jinhoo struggled to keep the only person that showed an inch of respect to him in the house from leaving. It was nice having someone listen to him even if he tended to ramble about nonsense. Who will he talk to today, if Kuhn had to go run an errand?

“Look, hyung, there's like three holes in the first floor, a broken pipe, and freaking Xiao put underwear in a toilet again doing God knows what,” Kuhn listed off the top of his head. “Now, unless you know what a westward multi-bit screwdriver or a linoleum 8-¼ knife is-I suggest you let me go get the things we need.” he said as he patted Jinhoo’s head.

“Don't patronize me!!!” Jinhoo shook his fist disapprovingly. In a final attempt to keep the man from leaving, Jinhoo gave his best pitiful puppy dog look. However, it ended in utter failure.

“Bye.” Kuhn uttered and quickly escaped,  slamming the door on the way out. Though Jinhoo could’ve sworn the guy looked a bit flustered for a second before he left….

“Dammit, he left me here with them…” Jinhoo pouted. Next thing he knew his phone vibrated and he went to check the notification.


 

Hey. I forgot to tell you, I checked the book and

Bitto still hasn't paid his Rent.

Seen 12:34 pm

 

Get it from him will ya?

Seen 12:35 pm

 

Yeah...sure I'll try my best…

Seen 12:35 pm

 

Yah! Sound more confident!

Don't worry I believe in you. ( ̄Д ̄)ノ

Seen 12:35 pm

 

Fighting!!

Seen 12:36 pm

 

Fighting….

Seen 12:36 pm


 


Returning to the kitchen the landlord left his phone lying on the couch. He decided to make an afternoon snack and find someone else to bother. Usually on days like this he would be cleaning the common areas but since Kuhn already cleaned them the day before he was left at a loss of what to do. The blonde sighed, really what was his point? He was spineless, ditzy, and over all pretty useless without Kuhn at his side, or at least that's how he felt. He could barely do his job and get the rent he needed. If it wasn't for Kuhn the house would’ve been bankrupt by now. Jinhoo frowned at that thought and sighed.

“Eyy, I gotta think pleasant thoughts!” he muttered to himself before plastering the brightest smile he could muster on his face, his mood following close behind. He finished cutting up the strawberries and sprinkled some sugar on top of it along with whipped cream. Grabbing his tray of fruits he brought it up to the second floor and decided to visit his littlest dongsaengs.

As he approached their door he heard them talking.

“Hee, why you such a lame?” Xiao’s all too familiar condescending speech was heard followed by Hwanhee’s signature scoff.

“I refuse to respond to that.” the elder spat out. Jinhoo wondered how they were even friends anyway. He knew when Hwanhee first came here he was a senior in highschool, now he was a college freshman. Jinhoo’s uncle (the original landlord) never asked about his family or why he was alone. However, a few months back Jinhoo had managed to get the story out of Hwanhee, himself. Poor kid, all he wanted was love... Jinhoo had grown pretty fond of  Hwanhee over time as he was a good boy who showed a lot of promise for a bright future. Xiao on the other hand….

“Come on man, five bucks and I’ll eat this two year old cheese I found under my bed.”

Jinhoo made a wretched sound as he heard the revolting dare. Xiao is...just Xiao. He prayed for that kid daily. Jinhoo opened the door and smiled as a greeting. The two kids looked at him with inquiry in their blinking eyes.

“Heyyyyy-”

“What do you want, hyung?” Hwanhee sharply interjected shutting down his hyung’s spirit.

“Just wanted to see how my favorite tennant and his friend were doing. I also thought you guys were hungry, so I brought these.” Jinhoo cheerily replied, lifting the tray of fruits in his hand to signal what he was talking about. He walked over to the boys and sat next to Hwanhee, placing the fruits on the coffee table between the two boys.

“Thanks, I guess….” Hwanhee trailed, eyeing Jinhoo suspiciously, “Lemme guess, Kuhn went somewhere so you have no one to bother now?”

Jinhoo gasped and put a hand on his chest, feigning offence. “What? You seriously think that I have nothing better to do than bother people?”

“Well that is what you do, isn’t it?” Hwanhee asked with a straight face.

“Daaaamn savage!” Xiao exclaimed through a mouth full of strawberries. Jinhoo shot the kid a disgusted look, but turned back to Hwanhee.

“That’s not true! Actually I only came here to...uh….ask you something.” Jinhoo stated, trying to figure out a good excuse for visiting the pair that would disprove Hwanhee’s impression of him.

“And what is that?” Hwanhee asked folding his arms awaiting a good excuse.

“Uh...umm….” Jinhoo trailed, still at a loss for an excuse, until he remembered something “Oh! Bitto still hasn't paid his rent and Kuhn wants me to get it from him.” Jinhoo started.

“Okay….what does that have to do with us…” Hwanhee trailed, a skeptical look on his face at what the elder was telling him.

“I can't get it from him by myself!” Jinhoo whined.

“Tch. Hyung, you need to be more assertive and not so spineless.” Hwanhee shot back.

“Damn, he ruthless today, he just straight roasting you, hyung, I think you should go apply ice to that burn I mean do you want fries with that salt-”

“Shut. Up. Lee. Dongyeol.” Jinhoo practically snarled making Xiao whimper in response.

“See? Like that. Just be snappy and sassy like you did with Xiao,” Hwanhee explained not paying attention to his friend’s theatrical cries of hurt.

“But I can't...I just...can't...Bitto is so...crafty! He’s so good at dodging situations!” Jinhoo struggled to say, “I mean, I remember the last time I tried to get him to pay his rent…”

It was before Kuhn had came to the U10 house and Jinhoo was off on his first rent duty job. He had good luck with Wooshin, Gyu, and Hwanhee. It was the rest of them that he had yet to track down and get his money from.

“Huh...where the hell is Sunyoul even? I haven't seen that kid in like two weeks!” Jinhoo sighed. He was sure Sunyoul was around somewhere as he continued through the halls of the house. Jinhoo was still relatively new to the house back then, so he wasn’t as sure of who lived where yet, but he had a pretty good overall idea of the house’s layout . His uncle Andy had shown him a lot of the tips and tricks of the place before he left on his “extended vacation” so he wasn't totally clueless, but…

Jinhoo turned a corner and was met with the sight that led him to first start questioning the complete sanity of the tenants of the house.

“Mmh, why she so thirsty? She know that skirt waaay too short. He obviously don’t want her, she a thot.” His ears were met with a deep, condescending voice spilling judgement after judgement. But hey, sounds like someone watching a good drama, right?

Wrong.

Sitting at the window with a pair of binoculars was, Lee Changhyun. His hands were occupied with a bowl of popcorn and a coke.

“Oooohhh- uh uh!” he almost fell out of his chair. “Is that Mrs. Cho walking out of Mr. Yeol’s house???! Someone better tell their spouses!”

“Bitto….”

“Like seriously, she is so trifling!!” Bitto complained to no one in particular.

“Bitto…”

“I even heard her daughter couldn't stand her!”

“Bitt-”

“So she ran away-”

“LEE CHANGHYUN!!”

“WHAT?!” Bitto jumped up stomping his feet on the ground looking personally offended. “I was just getting my daily cup of tea before you just so rudely interrupted me!” Bitto practically rolled his neck and snapped his fingers sassily.

“I'm sorr-”

“Don't be sorry, be careful.” Bitto huffed walking away.

“Wait no- I NEED THE RENT!” Jinhoo panicked.

Bitto froze in his spot. He spun around with wide and shifty eyes. He took in one gulp of air before opening his mouth to scream. “Gotta blast!!” and making a mad dash out the front door.

Flash forward back to the present.

“He Jimmy Nutroned me guys!!” Jinhoo cried out. However his complaints fell on deaf ears. When he looked up he saw both Xiao and Hwanhee knocked out cold. He just sighed. “Of course.”

After putting blankets on the maknaes, shutting off the lights, and grabbing the empty bowl, Jinhoo quietly closed the door. As he walked away from the kids’ room, he raked his brain of who else to talk to. Gyujin was gone to work for the day (whatever that work may be), and wouldn’t be back until late. Plus, while Jinhoo knew him best out of all the tenants in the house, the two of them still weren’t all that close, so he was out of the question. Wei and Kogyeol, well...in all honesty, while the two were really nice kids, Jinhoo would rather not be caught in the high levels of between the two. Every time he would visit them in their room he felt not only intimidated by their height, but almost as if he just walked into a gay o. Wooshin? He was away at some convention and wouldn’t be back for a few days. Bitto? No way, why talk to the problem about the problem when he would probably just try to avoid paying, anyway? Then proceed to spill tea about literally everyone he’s encountered over the week.

“Sunyoul...wait, Sunyoul might work!” Jinhoo exclaimed to himself. He was surprised he hadn’t thought of the guy earlier, as Sunyoul was always the go-to person in the house for help and advice, or even just for a listening ear. Plus Jinhoo had just seen him not too long ago right before Kuhn left, so he was pretty sure he was still in the house. With that knowledge, Jinhoo quickly made his way to drop the used dishes in his hand off in the kitchen, start a quick batch of tea, and go find Sunyoul.

When Jinhoo found Sunyoul, he was coming out of his room talking on the phone. However, there was something strange. Sunyoul’s voice was….deeper?

“How many grams did you need? Hmmm it’ll be a bit of a hassle but I’m sure I can get it. You got the money? Good, I’ll see you at the meeting spot, then. Bye.” Sunyoul’s voice sounded a good couple octaves lower than usual as Jinhoo got closer to the man from behind. Sunyoul hung up the phone and spoke again, confirming Jinhoo’s suspicions of the voice change. “It’s hard out here for a pimp.” The younger man sighed.

“Sunyoul…?” Jinhoo quietly trailed from behind the male. Sunyoul quickly spun around to face Jinhoo, eyes widening when he realized who it was behind him.

“Jinhoo! U-uh,” Sunyoul stammered and cleared his throat in an attempt to correct the pitch of his voice “Jinhoo, w-what are you doing here?” He asked, his voice finally back to it’s original sound.

“I uh...wanted to talk to you about something, but if you’re busy…”Jinhoo trailed, slightly turning to walk away.

“N-no! No, it’s okay, I’m free to talk if you need to.” Sunyoul quickly stammered, waving his hands in front of him frantically to try and convince Jinhoo that everything was okay.

“You sure? What was up with your voice just now?” Jinhoo asked.

“Huh? Oh nothing, just a small cold.” Sunyoul coughed a couple times to prove his point, “See? Nothing major.”

Jinhoo was still skeptical, but brushed it off cause, come on, this is SUNYOUL we’re talking about here, what wrong could he possibly do? “Alright, well if you’re free….you wanna come to the commons and talk with me for a bit? Kuhn’s not here and I’m a little lonely…and I made tea and brought biscuits!” Jinhoo trailed while nervously scratching the back of his head.

“Sure, let’s go.” Sunyoul huffed a laugh and gave a kind, warm smile. They made their way to the commons and Jinhoo quickly ran to the kitchen to get together a tray of tea. However, as he was putting the tea bags in the cups of boiling water, a blood curdling scream tore through the kitchen, better yet, the house.

Jinhoo jumped at the sound and whirled around to face the source of it, almost knocking over the tea in the process. Standing in the doorway was none other than Lee Changkyun himself. His eyes were wide and he looked as if he had just witnessed murder.

“M-m m-m-my….tea…” Bitto stuttered, visibly shaking at the sight in front of him. However, his look of shock slowly slipped into one of rage as he began to lumber his way towards Jinhoo.

Jinhoo, noticing Bitto's actions, took a step back in fear.

“H-hey….Bitto….you alright?” Jinhoo stammered as Bitto got closer. Bitto stopped abruptly in front of Jinhoo and turned to the box of tea sitting on the counter. He picked it up and stared at it for a minute. The swiftly turned and shoved the box mere inches from Jinhoo’s face.

“THIS IS MY BRAND NEW MANGO PEACH HONEY ROASTED CHESTNUTS PARADISE TEA!! THEY LITERALLY JUST CAME OUT WITH THIS DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS!? AND YOU DARE PUT YOUR BIG OLD CRUSTY LIPS NEAR IT!? I SWEAR I SHOULD JUST-” Bitto hollered at the top of his lungs and proceeded to reach for Jinhoo’s throat, only to be stopped by what he believed to be the voice of Satan.

“What’s going on in here? Why is there so much noise? Huh? Bitto? What are you doing to Jinhoo?” Sunyoul questioned from the doorway. Jinhoo noticed a change in Bitto’s entire demeanor upon hearing the sound. The man grew tense and his face went from one of rage to fear. He became pale and his pupils seemed to get smaller. Bitto slowly stood straight, lowering his hand by Jinhoo’s throat and placing the tea box back on the counter. He turned around to face Sunyoul in an almost zombie like manner, and just stood there for a minute. Not a peep came from the guy.

“Bitto…? Are you alright?” Sunyoul asked, noticing Bitto’s changes. However, much rather than a response, Sunyoul found himself receiving a hard shove to the side as Bitto ran out of the kitchen and back down the hall, all the while screaming like a banshee.

A moment of silence followed Bitto's exit, with both Jinhoo and Sunyoul trying to process what exactly they had witnessed.

“Okay...what was that…?” Jinhoo asked out loud, staring after the spot that Bitto ran off through.

“I uh….I don’t know…” Sunyoul responded, just as baffled and staring in the same direction as Jinhoo. “But this always happens…”

“Huh? Always?” Jinhoo questioned, slowly turning his head to look at Sunyoul, who nodded his head and turned to look back at Jinhoo.

“Yeah. Every time I go anywhere near him, he freaks out like that. That’s one of his more...mild responses.” Sunyoul explained, trying to find the right word to describe Bitto’s outburst.

“So...it’s been worse?” Jinhoo quietly asked.

“Yup. He’s done everything from waste his tea at the sight of me to throwing holy water on me while I was walking past his room one time. Actually kinda burned.” Sunyoul mumbled the last part so Jinhoo could barely hear it, not that the man seemed to care at the moment anyway.

“HOLY HE SPILLED HIS TEA!? FOR REAL? LIKE, ON THE FLOOR? WHOOOAAA HE REALLY HATES YOU!” Jinhoo freaked out at the mere thought of the Almighty Bitto spilling his beloved tea.

“...is it a bad thing?” Sunyoul tilted his head cutely questioning the severity of this condemned action. “Wow, maybe you're right….he hates me…” the innocent bunny-I mean, man poured at the thought of being resented and not knowing what for. Jinhoo matched his expression feeling a bit sorry he patted his shoulder trying to offer some kind of comfort.

“Hey, it's alright….besides, I think I got an idea!” Jinhoo proclaimed with an ambitious sparkle in his eye.


“That was close! Any longer and he would have stolen my soul or something….” Bitto walked down the hallways clutching his chest over where his heart was. He looked jumpy and quite out of character.

“Hey-”

“AACK!” Bitto jumped and slipped to the floor landing in a puddle of mess.

“Oh! Are you okay?” it was just Jinhoo hovering over him.

“Oh, it's just you…” Bitto narrowed his eyes in distaste and utter annoyance. “YOU GAVE ME A FREAKING HEART ATTACK!” he practically hissed while taking the offered hand from Jinhoo.

“Sorry….I just wanted to apologize for taking your tea without asking it was pretty rude of me….I wanted to say sorry…” Jinhoo bit his bottom lip after realizing he just said sorry twice.

“Why can't you hoes remember? I said don't be sorry, be careful!” Bitto crossed his arms over his chest and gave his best unimpressed face.

“I know! So….I want to apologize with this…” Jinhoo opened the nearest door to show a team making machine. The screech that left Bitto’s lips was one that rivaled all the children on Christmas morning when “Santa” would gift them with shiny new bikes or an easy bake oven. Bitto immediately went into hysterics.

“Is that the T-Bag ultra 3400?!!! The one that mixes six flavors at a time?? The one that's not even on the market??!!! OH EM GEE A MUST HAVE!!” Bitto was like a kid in a candy store as he rushed to the shiny metal box’s side. He pressed his face against it and rubbed it like the most precious of jewels. “My precious….my-my precious!!!” he snarled mocking the Smeagle voice.

“Sorry about this Bitto!” Jinhoo held his hands together in a praying method before he slammed the door shut.

“Huh?” Bitto snapped out of it turning his head to the door and wondering why Jinhoo locked it. “Yah, yah!” Bitto said, volume of his voice getting louder as he went over to the door to try to open it. When that didn’t work, her resorted to banging on it and yelling more. “Jinhoo! What the hell, man!? Open the door! Don't make me have to bust it down, ‘cause then Imma have to break you! Jinhoo!”

“Awww, Bitto. Trying to leave so soon? Stay, let’s talk.” A high pitched voice sounded from behind the man.

Bitto froze, his face instantly going pale as his blood ran cold. ‘! Not him again! I thought I escaped the his claws the first time! What the hell!? Why would Jinhoo do this to me!?’ he thought. He inhaled a slowly, then exhaled a shaky breath and turned around.

“S-Sunyoul? W-what do you w-w-want from me?” Bitto managed to stammer out, trying to sound fearless and failing miserably. From where he stood it looked like Sunyoul was completely shrouded in the dark corner only his eyes inhumanly illuminated against the ebony shade. He smiled, white ivory teeth shining.

….

A shrill scream rang throughout the house even waking up the Maknaes. Bitto desperately banged on the door begging to be let out. Promising all his expensive tea bags in exchanged to be released from his confines.

“Only if you promise to hand over the rent money,” Jinhoo promised from behind the door.

“A-anything you say! PLEASE JUST HURRY AND OPEN THE DOOR!!!” Bitto cried his lips pressed firmly against the woodwork. After swearing on his honey chai lemon black tea collection he was let out immediately. Jinhoo held his hand out as Bitto hesitantly counted off the bills.

“I in’ hate yall, man. Both of ya’ll…” Bitto sobbed, his face red as tears streamed from his eyes and snot streamed from his nose. Jinhoo watched the man with sympathy, disgust, and some amusement as the man slowly and shaking handed him the cash, which he accepted slowly between his index finger and thumb.

“Fifty.” Counted off. Bitto winced as he handed over more cash.

“A hundred.” another pained sniffles before he gave him another wad of money.

“One fifty.” Jinhoo continued hand still out.

“But rent is only $150!!” Bitto squealed in shock.

“Yea, but you're several months overdue. Late fees.” Jinhoo wiggled his fingers expectantly.  Bitto grumbled before cowering at the sight of Sunyoul and quickly forwarding over the cash. “Two hundred.” Jinhoo cheerfully noted while he recounted over the cash. “Pleasure doing business with you!”

“I was gonna buy new binoculars with that…” the nosy neighbor whimpered.

“Well, look on the bright side, at least now you can keep the window you would use those binoculars with.” Jinhoo patted the man’s shoulder with his signature bright smile. Bitto glared in return. He opened his mouth to say something back, but was cut off before he could.

“Bitto!” Sunyoul called from behind the man, exiting the room himself.

“ YOUUUUUUUUU!!” Was Bitto’s immediate shriek as he mad dashed back to his room before his neighbor from hell could do him any more damage.

As Bitto ran down the hall, he bum rushed into Kuhn, whom he paid no mind to in his run for survival.

“What was that gremlin up to?” Kuhn asked walking up to the two.

“Kuhn!” Jinhoo practically lunged at Kuhn and wrapped his arms around the other making him blush slightly.

“What happened while I was gone?” Kuhn raised an eyebrow.

“I got the rent money from Bitto.” Jinhoo admitted nonchalantly filing his nails and blowing on them as to not call attention to himself. Kuhn’s jaw almost cracked when it hit the floor because he didn't want to say he didn't believe in Jinhoo but….he didn't believe in Jinhoo. “Oh yeah! Sunyoul! Here's your cut!” Jinhoo handed his accomplice fifty bucks.

“WHAAAAAAT?” Sunyoul said in his best flabbergasted voice. “I was going to get paid???” he overly exaggerated with his hand to his chest and his eyes gone wide. He quickly snatched up the cash mumbling something about “50 stinking bucks? that's all?” before walking away abruptly.

“How did the kids behave?” Kuhn cut through the silence.

“Good, good...no problems what so ev-”

“GAHAHAHA!!! THAT WAS LIT!!!” screamed an excited Xiao as afterwards they heard what sounded like an explosion. Wooshin came walking in wearing a Thomas the train outfit with his legs scantily cladded in fishnet stockings and red heels.

“Don't. Ask.” he glared at the both of them before sliding pass to get a some orange juice and the disappearing as fast as he came. The two just stared ahead neither of them dared to move.

“.....Please don't leave the house again.”

“Agreed.”


A/N: Sooooo...we're back from the dead....sorry ya'll Life was busy and we lost motivation but we're still going to continue this fic for a while so keep on subcribing!! 
Hope to see you soon!