Chapter One: Welcome to our house

Our House

Bang, Bang, Bang!

 

“Bitto! Open up! Rent day!” Kuhn hollered as he harshly knocked on the door of the man’s room.

 

Handling noise complaints, collecting rent, and crazy tenants were what made the life of a landlord so exhausting. However, Kuhn wasn’t exactly the landlord. Kuhn’s real occupation was the maintenance man. His job involved fixing broken floorboards daily, fishing out tea bags (courtesy of Lee Changhyun aka Bitto), and fixing the wooden stairs when Xiao thought it would be “lit AF” to surf down them on a metal ironing board like the five year old he is. Adding to all that, Kuhn was currently on rent duty. Collecting the money these bastards were so unwilling to give.

 

“Kuhn, do you have to be so harsh? You might scare him…” Jinhoo trailed worriedly.

Kim Jinwook, or as everyone so affectionately refers to him, Jinhoo is Kuhn’s childhood friend. Also, the only one Kuhn is somewhat able to put up with despite his air headed personality. It took him by surprise when Jinhoo called him up, nearly in tears, begging for his help a few months ago. When he arrived at a two story sky blue victorian boarding house (that had one orange wall for some reason), he surely didn’t think he would be duped into staying in this dump.

“He’s not two, Jinhoo. He knows his rent was due today, so he should expect this much. Especially after not answering the door for an hour. We tried your way, so now it’s time to do it mine.” Kuhn responded with furrowed brows and clenched fists. Jinhoo is a nice guy but he swore sometimes the elder was too lenient with these kids.

“Aish, so rude.” Jinhoo hissed. “Well, maybe he’s not home.” He suggested.

“Oh, he is.” Kuhn said, cutting an irritated look over to Bitto’s door, “I saw him lurking around Kogyeol and Wei’s room earlier.”

“Ah….wait, what was he doing there?” Jinhoo asked, eyebrow raised. Kuhn continued to bang on Bitto’s door.

“To hell if I know. You know he’s like a nosy grandmother. BITTO! OPEN UP!” Kuhn stated, reverting back to hollering to get the younger man to answer the door.

Earlier that day, while going out to check out a problem in one of the other rooms, Kuhn had came across Bitto crouched low and leaning on one of the doors with his back to him. While approaching the man to see what he was doing, Kuhn noticed that it was Wei and Kogyeol’s door. The two were a couple of roommates that had moved in about 5 months beforehand. They had a...questionable...relationship, but that was a story for another day.

Now flash forward to three hours from that moment and here Kuhn was slamming on the guy’s door trying to get the payment he had promised to Jinhoo.

Meanwhile inside the room, Bitto was doing his best to ignore the fists slamming on his door as he continued his phone conversation with his friend, I.M.

“I’m telling you, Changkyun, there’s something goin’ on between those two... Well, as their neighbor, I should know these things...Why I care so much isn’t important!” Bitto explained to his friend on the phone. However, the banging on his door quickly became too much. As he came to the realization that his landlords weren't letting up any time soon, Bitto sighed. “Listen bro, my landlords are at the door right now, so I’ll call you back. Oh trust me, I’m pretty sure those two have something going on, too….Why do you care if I have my rent money or not….Mmh, whatever! Bye!” Bitto hung up the phone with a huff.

Bitto finally opened the door and poked his head out of the crack with a glare. “May I help you?” He asked, sass dripping from his voice.  Jinhoo was the first one to speak up.

“Hey...Bitto, uhm, it’s the day your rent is due, and-” Jinhoo tried to say.

“I don’t have it.” Bitto cut in nonchalantly, his arms folding as he started thinking he could really go for some green tea right about now.

“O-oh, okay…” Jinhoo trailed, accepting what Bitto said. “Just pay it to me later, then, that’s cool.”

“Alright, I got you next Friday.” Bitto stated, and was about to close the door until Kuhn grabbed it to stop him from doing so.

“No no no no no.” Kuhn sang condescendingly, and yanked the door wide open, causing Bitto to nearly fall out of his room.

“Yah! What the hell, dude?!” Bitto shouted after regaining his balance.

“Earlier today when I brought up the matter of rent you responded with, and I quote,” Kuhn cleared his throat, “Okay!” he exclaimed, mocking Bitto in a shrill voice. “Now tell me, Changhyun: where is the money?”

“Listen, No. Soo. Il.” Bitto spat back, emphasizing each syllable of Kuhn’s birth name. “I TOLD you. I do not HAVE the money, so get out of my face!”

“You said that last month, and the month before that, and the month before that. Dammit, Bitto, what the hell do you DO with your money?” Kuhn asked. Bitto huffed, rolling his eyes challengingly.

“Kuhn, please! It’s not that serious! The rent can wait.” Jinhoo pleaded, trying to end the shade match happening between the two.

“What does it have to do with you? You’re not even the landlord, he is.” Bitto stated, pointing to Jinhoo, “Why don’t you go fix a pipe or something, Handy Manny?”

Kuhn squinted in confusion at the reference, “I’m ASIAN!” he threw his hands up in the air exaggeratedly.

“Asian or not, you’re still just a handyman! Unless….” Bitto trailed, a devious smirk starting to form on his face as he looked between Kuhn and Jinhoo.

“Unless….?” Kuhn repeated, an eyebrow raised. Bitto merely shook his head.

“No, I won’t go there. I just ran out of tea today, so Imma have to let it slide.” Bitto sneered, slightly laughing to himself.

“Oh, you mean the tea under the floorboards? I threw those out this morning.” Kuhn stated, a smirk of his own growing on his face at the shocked and thoroughly hurt look that came across Bitto’s face.

“You didn’t….” Bitto questioned rhetorically because, oh yes he did. Bitto took a staggering step forward and grabbed Kuhn’s collar “I KEEL YOU!!” He screeched, shaking Kuhn by the collar as Jinhoo ran up and tried to pull him away.

“Bitto, please don’t kill Kuhn over some tea! I need him to keep this place working!” Jinhoo cried growing concerned over his savior’s life.

“Oh! What’s going on here?” A higher pitched voice broke through the commotion. Upon hearing the voice, everyone stopped and looked up to see an adorable brunette named Sunyoul standing in front of his room with a shopping bag hanging from his arm.

“Heya, Sunyoul.” Kuhn greeted with a saluting wave, his collar still caught in Bitto’s grip. However, he started to feel Bitto’s grip on him slowly go lax. Looking down, he noticed the look of pure and utter fear that had crept across Bitto’s face.

Sunyoul noticed Bitto and smiled “Hi, Bitto, how are you?” he asked. When he noticed Bitto’s expression, however, his smile dropped and led way to a sympathetic and confused look. “Are you alright?” He added.

Bitto let go of Kuhn and turned around, shaking  “G-g-get away from meeeee!” He hollered as he quickly ran back to his room.and slammed the door.

Everyone else stared at his door, confused. “Hm, what’s wrong with him?” Sunyoul asked. Kuhn only shrugged.

“Eh, what’s not wrong with him?” Kuhn asked. Then suddenly a metaphorical light bulb went off in Kuhn’s head. He might just be able to use the bunny looking boy, but he'll save him for later. “Ah! Sunyoul! Today is rent day! You have the money?” He asked. Sunyoul smiled.

“I sure do. But can I give it to you a little later today? I just have to go settle all this in my room.” Sunyoul said, holding up the shopping bags.

“Ah, that’s cool. I’m fine with it. How about you, Jinhoo?” Kuhn nodded and asked his friend, who gave a nod and a smile himself.

Sunyoul, more formally known as Seon Yein, was the saint of the house. Everyone loved him and would always go to him for advice on everything ranging on how to get cranberry juice out of a white button up to how to deal with relationship troubles. Something about him always made people want to protect him, Kuhn had always attributed it to the guy’s precious smile and overall innocent-trustworthy vibe. Sunyoul was the tenant who required the least amount of maintenance, which made Kuhn happy. Best of all he always paid his rent on time, which really eased the pressure on Jinhoo, too.

“Alrighty then, I’ll come find you guys in a bit.” Sunyoul said, before waving and going into his room. Kuhn nodded approvingly and Jinhoo simply smiled and waved after him.

Kuhn gave a sigh and turned to Jinhoo. “Alright, who’s next?” He asked the guy.

Jinhoo thought for a moment before saying “Hmmm, well there’s Wooseok. I think he’s here cause I saw him come in on the way to Bitto’s apartment. He seemed like he was in a hurry, though…”

“I’ll go get it from him.” Kuhn affirmed.

“Alright, you go on ahead, I gotta start dinner for the house.” Jinhoo told him.

“Oooo what cha’ makin’?” Kuhn asked, a smile on his face. Jinhoo gave a smile and laughed.

“You’ll see~” Jinhoo taunted, starting to turn and walk away.

“Dammit, no fair!” Kuhn pouted, but Jinhoo only shook his head and continued on his way to the kitchen. Kuhn smiled after his friend for a bit, before realizing how weird he probably looked and turning back to the matter at hand: rent.

Kim Wooseok, or Wooshin as everyone but Jinhoo called him, seemed to be a pretty cool guy from Kuhn’s perspective. He was a really pretty guy who had tons of fangirls (and even a few fanboys) practically breaking down the boarding house door to get to him, which Kuhn was never too fond of. However, despite the guy’s fan base leaving Kuhn to fix the door at least twice a week, there weren't really many other problems. Wooshin paid his rent on time for the most part and seemed to keep his room in good shape. However, every Friday Wooshin would rush into the house and up to his room at around 5pm without a word or greeting to anyone which Kuhn found quite odd.

Kuhn checked his watch on his way down the hall. 6:30pm. ‘And it’s Friday, so Wooshin should still be home.’ Kuhn thought to himself as he made his way to Wooshin’s room. He knocked a couple of times, but got no answer. ‘Hm, that’s weird’.

“Wooshin!” he called, knocking. Still no answer. “Hm, he must be in one of the bathrooms or something.” Kuhn mumbled to himself. Then, he got an idea. Pulling out his key ring, Kuhn shuffled through the multitude of keys on it until he found the one he’d been looking for.

“Thank god for being the maintenance man.” Kuhn said as he unlocked Wooshin’s door. He wasn’t planning on doing anything in Wooshin’s room, just calmly waiting for the guy to return….

“Welcome everybody! Today is Friday, and you know what that means! Time for the Wooshin show!” Wooseok exclaimed in front of his webcam, trap remixes of children’s music playing in the background. “So, what do you guys wanna do today? Comment and let me know! Wah! 600 Star Balloons already!? Well, 400 more and you all get a special surprise.” Wooshin chimed with a wink to the camera. Kuhn knew it was wrong to keep his presence hidden but he was just so intrigued by what exactly Wooshin does on Fridays alone in his room for 3.5 hours.

The trap song suddenly turned up playing a song recognized as the “Map Theme” from “Dora the Explorer “.

“Wow! You guys must really want that prize! Just another 200!” Wooshin chuckled making a very surprised face. Kuhn was becoming uneasy, should he be seeing this? But, undoubtedly his curiosity grew too strong to resist. Suddenly a trumpet sound played and kids cheering could be heard. Kuhn guessed that was the usual celebratory sound because not long after the song got louder bass making Kuhn tremble from the pit of his stomach. “Whooooo! A thousand star balloons! Thank you guys! This will definitely help with the rent!” Wooshin exclaimed. Suddenly he jumped up out of his chair and maneuvered the camera to it could see him. He took a few steps back before bracing himself onto the the desk in front of him. What occurred next Kuhn would have never guessed in a million years.

Wooshin started twerking.

And while Kuhn thought that this would be a really good time to leave, he couldn’t. He was completely frozen in place, watching the only “normal” kid in this whole house gyrate his hips at a pace that rivaled real twerking masters. Kuhn really didn’t wanna but he was weak to his childish curiosity. His eyes accidentally slipped lower and he found himself checking out Wooshin’s rump.

‘Sooil...stop staring….please….please stop staring…god damn, how does he DO that!?’ Even Kuhn’s thought process seemed to be disrupted by the fluidity of Wooshin’s movements.

Just as Wooshin was popping his back like a pro, he kicked his leg high in the air and was about to turn around and continue the twerking when he finally spotted Kuhn observing him against the door frame. There was a moment of intense eye contact as Wooshin looked at him and Kuhn looked right back at him and Wooshin stared back and Kuhn continued gazing at him in an utter loss for words-

“Just...have the money in the account after you collect it from….whatever this is…” Kuhn managed to get out, then he sighed and walked away leaving Wooshin with the feeling of being heavily judged.

As Kuhn walked away, he scratched his head and pondered if it was too late to move out but then he pictured a totally devastated Jinhoo and advised himself to stay. He just needed to get the rent and then he could just lock himself up in the basement and not have to see this lot till next month. The tall brunette mussed up his hair in aggravation and continued on up the stairs. He checked his mental list and decided to go to Gyujin’s room first before heading over to that strange couple’s place.

As he approached the lone door emitting unfriendliness, he raised his fist up to land a knock alerting the habitant. He was immediately cut off from the sound of paper being slid under the door. Kuhn’s attention diverted to the piece of paper that had writing hurriedly scratched onto it.

Rent is in Jinhoo’s bank account.

“Ahhh…” Kuhn nodded to no one in particular seeing as Gyujin couldn’t even see him. “Well, thanks...I guess…” He mumbled, not really sure if it was directed at Gyujin or not. Kuhn had seen the man a grand total of never, his entire time in U10. Gyujin would either be gone all day at “work” (Kuhn assumed) and comeback half past midnight only to lock himself in the room till it was time to go back to work. Jinhoo usually brings his meals up and comes to get the plates later. Of course, Xiao and Hwanhee had always had this silly idea of the guy being a hitman or monster of some sort, but Kuhn always just thought of it as their imaginations running wild...most of the time. Speaking of the those two…

“Tonight is gonna be EPIC! I’m so excited!” Kuhn heard a voice that sounded a lot like Xiao’s exclaim.

“I don’t know why you’re so excited, I haven’t agreed to anything yet.” Hwanhee could be heard saying monotonously.

“Awww c’mon, you HAVE to go through with it! I already invited Vernon and Seungkwan and…” Xiao trailed, his voice dropping from sheer excitement to adoration, “Yeri…”

As the two came into view, Kuhn could spot a pink tint to Xiao’s cheeks possibly at the thought of this Yeri person.

“You mean Yeri as in Velvet's Yeri? Yeah, good luck scoring that.” Hwanhee scoffed

“Hey! It could happen! I’m cute enough, right?” Xiao defended himself, striking an aegyo pose to prove his point. Hwanhee struggled to hold back a laugh. Xiao and Hwanhee were a young college duo that lived in the building. Well, Hwanhee did at least. Hwanhee came around a year ago, when Jinhoo’s uncle was still running the place. As far as Kuhn had been told, Hwanhee had come as a high school senior who had been kicked out of home. Why he was kicked out was a topic that everyone seemed to know but no one wanted to tell Kuhn. Anyway, Jinhoo’s uncle Andy had taken pity on the kid and let him stay at the boarding house for a small discount. Hwanhee was a pretty good kid who stuck to his studies well, which always made Kuhn wonder how he got mixed in with the likes of Dongyeol. Lee Dongyeol, or Xiao as many called him, was a bubbly little thing. Known for coming over to bother everyone and everything.

Now, Kuhn wouldn't say he hated the fellow. However, he would say he would get visibly upset at how Xiao would come over up and leave completely unapologetically. For example, he once concocted a smoothie from a slice of pizza, gravy, and a banana trying to combine his favorite foods into one “in the name of science”, thus breaking the blender and leaving a teary eyed Jinhoo begging Kuhn to fix it. Never mind. Kuhn hated that kid. He didn’t even pay rent. He’s got to go.

“Anyway! Bro, you gotta let us party here! I'll invite the Lovelyz over! I know how you've been side eyeing that Yein girl~” Xiao nudged his friend several times and was met with a smack in the arm that sent him reeling back. “It's gonna be dope come on!”

“I don’t know, Xiao. I mean, it sounds fun and all, but this isn’t even really my house…” Hwanhee trailed, starting to give in at the mention of his month long crush.

“Don’t worry about it~ your landlord is nice. He’ll be cool with it! Plus, how long has it been since you’ve been to a good party? Or even gotten laid?” Xiao mumbled the last part, but Hwanhee still heard it.

“Yah! What does MY life have to do with you!?” Hwanhee exclaimed, flustered by Xiao’s words.

“Nothing, nothing, I’m sorry,” Xiao defended, “But still, you deserve a good time.”

“I guess…” Hwanhee replied.

“Soooo is that a yes?” Xiao asked, hope lacing every word.

“Well….yeah. Why not?” Hwanhee stated a bit hesitantly.

“Woo hooo!” Xiao cheered “We bout to turn up!” he suddenly pulled out a stack of flyers, out of where Hwanhee wasn't sure he wanted know.

That’s when they encountered a wild Kuhn in front of Hwanhee’s door. Kuhn, having heard the two boys conversation, was far from pleased and had no problem showing it.

“Hey Kuhn, you okay?” Hwanhee asked.

“No, I am not.” Kuhn crossed his arms, frown growing deeper. “What party is this?” Kuhn snatched a flyer away from the younger reading it over as Xiao explained himself animatedly.

Party at the U10 House!!!1

There bout ta b drinks

Music

Girrrrrllllsssss (in bikinis)!!!

So come one, come ALL!

Let's project X this !!

$5 entry free

(Fine azz honeys get in for free).

Kuhn was sure he lost a few IQ points by just reading that. He looked over the overly smiley child in disapproval. Taking a deep breath he exhaled with one answer.

“No.” he prayed that the boy was good at speaking a human language and would just give up. Oh but that would be way too easy.

“Aww come on Kuhnnnnnn! I already put out the address in a mass text and all over my SNS!!” Xiao whined showing his Twitter page that, like he confessed, had a picture and directions to get to the U10 house. Kuhn pursed his lips together trying to remember what his anger management counselor (aka Jinhoo) told him to do in these situations. Count to ten.

“One….two...three…” Kuhn struggled to say, eyes closed tight and voice showing clear annoyance. However, Xiao was not helping the matter one bit.

“C’mon Kuhn! Please please please please pleeeeaaaase? Think of the babes that’ll be there! And everyone in the house is invited too!” Xiao pleaded.

“Four...Five...Six…” Kuhn counted, voice raising slightly.

“It’ll be fuuuun~ it starts at 8pm tomorrow! Be ready!” Xiao exclaimed.

“SEVEN...EIGHT...NINE…” Kuhn was practically shouted.

“Hey, Xiao, maybe you should cancel it. Kuhn doesn’t look too good…” Hwanhee suggested, cautiously eyeing Kuhn’s angry demeanor. He shuffled back preparing for the hypothetical to hit the imaginary fan.

“That’s exactly why he needs this party! No one needs to get laid more than this guy.” Xiao confidently stated, practically slamming his hand on Kuhn’s back.

Ten.” Kuhn growled. That’s when Xiao felt his collar get harshly grabbed and he was lifted to come eye to eye with Kuhn.

What did you just say?” Kuhn asked menacingly. Xiao gave a nervous laugh, knowing full well he was in a world of trouble.

“U-Uhhh nothing…” Xiao stammered nervously, trying to figure out a way to save himself. “I was just saying that...you’re the most good looking guy in the house and all the girls will be fawning over you?” Xiao’s words slowed as his save attempt went on.

“AAAAAAaaaahhhh!” Xiao shouted as five minutes later he found himself flying out the front door to land hard on his side, “Ow...I think something’s broken…” he groaned.

“And stay out! Party’s off!” Kuhn exclaimed rubbing his hands together to dust them off before slamming the door shut. As he turned around, he found Hwanhee behind him with his head down and eyes looking at the floor in shame over his friend. Kuhn simply walked pass the kid and gave him a pat on the shoulder. Wasn’t his fault that his friend was a nuisance.

Jinhoo, who had been watching the whole thing since he heard the trio coming down the stairs, was leant against the door frame to the kitchen. He had tried to stop Kuhn from throwing the boy out, but had given up after Kuhn had shot him a dangerous look. “Did you really have to do that to the poor kid?” Jinhoo asked as Kuhn walked by.

“Yes.” Kuhn blatantly stated, not even sparing a glance Jinhoo’s way.

“Why?” Jinhoo asked, his eyes never leaving Kuhn’s passing form

Upon hearing that question, Kuhn whirled around and deadpanned “Justice.” Then he turned around and continued on the way to the last duo. However, not before stopping as he remembered what he had forgotten to do in all this time. He turned and walked back to Hwanhee, who was still standing the same way as before for some reason. “Hey Hwanhee, I almost forgot. Today is rent day, you got the cash?” Kuhn asked.

Hwanhee looked up at the man, then slowly nodded. “I’ll be on my way back upstairs in a minute, so I’ll get it out of my room and bring it to you.” Hwanhee responded, his voice slightly low.

Kuhn gave Hwanhee a thumbs up. “Alright. Cool. Meet me at Ko and Wei’s place in a bit.” He said and walked away to go back upstairs. What Kuhn didn’t see, however, was that once he got up the stairs and turned the corner, Hwanhee and Jinhoo quickly went to tend to Xiao outside and sneak him back in.

Approaching the last room, Kuhn took deep breaths to contain his excitement. Finally, the end was near. Just once more and he would be done with what he considered eyesores until dinner time. He just needed to open the door.

Meanwhile, the inhabitants in the room were spending the day like normal. The original owner Ko Minsoo, more informally called Kogyeol, was walking back and forth in his robe after a shower looking for something. His roommate, a tall kid from a small town, was sitting on their loveseat typing furiously at his antique typewriter not even sparing a moment's glance at the elder. After a while of Kogyeol wearing out the floorboards he finally gave in with a burdened sigh.

“What's wrong, Ko?”

“Where's my underwear?” Kogyeol immediately responded. Wei scrunched up his face wondering how on earth would he know that.

“Oh wait, that's right!” Wei snapped his fingers in realization. “Sorry, bruh, all my boxers were dirty so I grabbed one of yours.” Wei explained with a big dopey grin, all while showing off the bright blue waist band under his pants. Kogyeol’s face went dark.

Honestly, he should have known it was him. Wei had been taking Kogyeol’s things and using them without his permission a lot lately. At first it was his cologne, then his toothbrush, and now he's wearing his favorite pair of underwear given to him by an old girlfriend!

“Hey are you alright? You don't look so good…” Wei got up and crept toward a red faced Kogyeol. His eyebrows slightly twitching and his mouth pulled into a frown.

“No. Give me back my underwear.” Kogyeol managed to say without the few choice words swimming in his head.

“Ah, but I need it till mine dry. Just this once, I swear.” Wei tried to bargain. However, Kogyeol was having none of it.

“Well. You can go commando then.” Kogyeol glared. Wei brought an offended hand up to his chest and reeled back with a scoff.

“You have, like, a - ton of underwear!” Kogyeol’s eye twitched at the “-” phrase. “Just lemme borrow these for 10 minutes!” Wei said before he attempted an escape. Kogyeol immediately dashed after him as if he were some sort criminal for borrowing the guy’s underwear.. “Ko! Ko! Wait lemme just-” Wei screamed in terror as the elder basically charged after him like a bull.

“Take it off!” Kogyeol commanded.

“Yah! Wait! Slow down! Stop! !” Wei was jumping over couches running behind TVs and using his thin figure to push past Kogyeol. However, his stamina could not keep up. Kogyeol dove forward and took Wei down. They landed with a muted thump. “Yaaaa! ert~” Wei’s face turned a light pink.

“Yah! Who's the ert?!?!” Kogyeol growled trying to rip the pants off of Wei’s legs. Wei struggled in his grasp trying to wiggle away only aiding the elder in the removal of his jeans. Kogyeol hovered above him, breath ragged and strained. Wei stared quietly at his face. There was anger and annoyance but there was also a hint of something else in the shade of red he wore. His eyes b with a hidden emotion as he stripped Wei of his clothing. It was captivating.

Back outside, Kuhn was preparing to knock on the door when he heard the faint noises of voices and rustling clothes on the other side. Any other day, that would’ve been his cue to just walk the hell away, but his mind was elsewhere today. He just wanted to finish collecting this money so he could go and take a nap. He was starting to get a major headache from dealing with the weirdos in this building. Still slightly reeling from the whole Xiao incident, Kuhn was feeling a little less patient than he had been earlier.

After yanking out the key set that he had used on Wooshin’s room earlier from his pocket, Kuhn quickly located the key for Ko and Wei’s room and unlocked it.

“Alright you two! Rent da-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh….” Kuhn was cut off by the scene he had just walked in on. The two were on the floor with Kogyeol in a mere bathrobe straddling a pantless Wei, his fingers hooked in the waistband of the younger boy’s boxers. Both guys’ eyes were now on Kuhn due to his sudden interruption, and like with Wooshin, Kuhn couldn’t take his eyes off of the sight in front of him.

As the awkward stare off between the three tallest guys in the building continued, Jinhoo was trying to creep past with Hwanhee and the recently retrieved Xiao in tow. However, as they passed by, they also noticed the scene. Jinhoo, hoping the two behind him hadn’t noticed what was on the other side of the door, tried to keep walking in hopes that they would follow. However, a glance behind him proved otherwise as he saw the two stopping and gawking at the scene. With a gasp, he quickly ran over to cover the eyes of the two boys. “Ack! Not in front of the children!” Jinhoo exclaimed.

“We ARE in college, you know…” Hwanhee rolled his eyes.

Finally realizing what was happening, Ko quickly tried to defend the situation, “Wait, no! We were only…!”

“Hey! Here’s the mone- Oh my...” Sunyoul’s high pitched voice could be heard approaching, only for him to also stop and stare at where Kuhn’s gaze was focused and put his hand over his mouth.

“No! Sunyoul! It’s not what you think…!” Wei tried to explain.

Next to show up was Wooshin. “Hey, I went to put my rent money in Jinhoo’s account, but it kept saying there’s an error…” Wooshin said, only to slowly trail off himself as he followed Kuhn’s stare into the room.

“Really!? You too!?” Ko exclaimed.

“Hm. Figured those two were together.” He stated, before turning back to Kuhn.  “Anyway, just lettin you know. Also, don’t EVER just barge in my room like that again or I’ll-”

“What’s everybody doing up here?” Bitto asked as he approached, a Starbucks cup full of tea in hand. He stopped and looked at what everyone was staring at, leading his eyes to widen in excitement.

”Oh dear God, no….” Both Ko and Wei groaned at the sight of the most nosy person in the house.

“WOO HOO! YES! I ING KNEW IT! I TOLD YOU! ALL OF YOU! I WAS RIGHT!” Bitto hollered with his hand thrown in the air. He then quickly pulled out his phone and started snapping all types of pictures of the scene, even going so far as to take a selfie with Ko and Wei in the background. “Ooooo I’m posting this in my group chat! This is gold right here!” Bitto exclaimed as he quickly ran off back to the confines of his room.

Wei and Kogyeol finally separated and started to wave their hands in the air desperate to deny evryone’s fanciful ideas about the two of them, but it seemed as useless as Xiao studying for monday’s exam. They both opened their mouths to object.

“Wait! We can explain-!”

And so ends a typical day in the U10 household for No Sooil. Handling nosy neighbors, throwing out the riff-raff, and watching your housemate clap them cheeks like a pro. Of course these are things that come with the usual rent day for every land-err...maintenance man….right?


A/N: Thanks for reading our first installment of Our House! Hope you enjoyed!