Final

Screen

It wasn't until the evening when all six of them met up again that Daehyun had the chance to talk to Himchan in private, he didn't have any intentions and telling him or Youngjae that he had heard them in the morning but that wasn't of any importance anyway. Daehyun just wanted to make sure that his plans for Saturday wouldn't be ruined because of his own stupidity or because he didn't plan ahead. And that was basically what he was doing, he sort of had to ask Himchan to hand Youngjae over for Saturday, as bad as it sounds, Daehyun was sure that he wouldn't be able to talk himself and Youngjae out of the situation if they were to just leave unannounced. Especially when Shinhye would be around and Daehyun had this recognizable feeling in his gut that Himchan would get along just fine with her so he had to be careful.

Depending on how Himchan would take his proposition, Daehyun might even initiate Himchan into his plan for the day.

It wasn't much, really, it was probably one of the most generic ideas for a first real date but that's exactly what Daehyun wanted. He wanted for him and Youngjae to experience a date so normal that if it actually, and he really feared for this outcome, didn't go that well that it wouldn't be much of a big deal, he and Youngjae could still be friends even after he left Busan (who was he kidding, it would totally be a big deal). And it it went just fine then Daehyun wouldn't have to feel like that would possibly be their last date in weeks if not months because if he didn't plan anything spectacular it would feel like they could do this over and over again and he could forget that Youngjae was leaving the other day.

But Daehyun also knew that Youngjae liked cliche things, as much as he always denied it. Daehyun was sure Youngjae would love to just go to a LOTTE department store for a while, get some coffee and maybe go see a movie after all the walking around. Youngjae had told him a few days after he arrived that recently Himchan had taken him out quite a lot to some nice Mexican restaurants and Daehyun may didn't plan on spending half of his earnings from the Coffee Shop in just one night and just for food so he thought that it would be fine to just get some food in a small Mexican family restaurant.

But what he actually had thought of, with Shinhye during one of their classes, was their evening by the river.

Daehyun hasn't been around that area since it was on the other side of the river from where he lived, but Shinhye had told him that there was this nice park stretched along the river and it had cute cherry blossom trees, that would most likely not bloom because it was winter but "Hey, give me some credit for the thought behind it". The prettiest would be the lights by night, they were all over the bridges and the other side of the river would be beautifully lit in colorful lights.

He had asked Shinhye to bring them a blanket once they would arrive at the park because Daehyun sure wouldn't carry one of his and Junhong's big, fluffy blankets around all day.

If it was cheesy or not, Daehyun had liked the idea and he was keen on going through with the plan.

 

"So why'd you drag me all the way over here?" Himchan asked as he sat down on one of the barstools after Daehyun had told the others they would get them some drinks. There was a hint of a smug grin on the older man's face but Daehyun would have to ignore it, he knew Himchan wasn't oblivious to his feelings towards Youngjae.

"Well, I kind of want to ask for a favor." Daehyun said carefully, watching Himchan's face with every word he said. Himchan raised a brow, urging Daehyun to continue and come to the point. "I want to take Youngjae on a date on Saturday, I know Junhong has planned some shopping for that day but I already told my best friend about it and all and we thought of this great place where I could take Youngjae and I just-"

"Daehyun, you don't have to explain yourself to that extend." Himchan said, letting out a gentle laugh.

"I just thought I should tell you beforehand, because I want it to be a surprise."

"Sure, that sounds really sweet. You didn't have to tell me but thank you." Himchan said, it really was fine for him, he'd gotten along pretty well with the two younger boys and Yongguk so it was no problem to let Daehyun and Youngjae go on a date for their last full day they would have in Busan. The only problem was that Himchan knew Youngjae would probably love anything Daehyun has planned for them and then be heartbroken the next day when the two of them had to leave the others and go back to Seoul.

And Youngjae had endured enough heartbreak after his relationship with Jaebum ended, it just wouldn't be fair for him if Daehyun wouldn't be able to keep him happy even if they were miles apart. If Daehyun wouldn't take it seriously, because Himchan knew that Youngjae was serious about this.

"Daehyun, one more thing." Himchan called out before Daehyun could leave with a share of the promised drinks they had already ordered.

"Yeah?" Daehyun turned around, the tender lights above the bar capturing his features in soft warmth.

"Are you serious about him?" There was a pregnant pause, Daehyun was looking at Himchan and he placed the drinks back on the counter, sitting down again because he could feel that Himchan was worrying about Youngjae, and of course it was enduring but Daehyun wanted Himchan to know that he had genuine feelings for Youngjae.

"I am, I'm very serious about him. I know it sounds a bit odd because we've only met each other a week ago, but I really like him." Daehyun said, a bit of color reaching his face but it was okay, Daehyun knew that letting Himchan know about his feelings would only help him.

"I know, it's kind of obvious." Himchan smiled, earning the smallest gasp from Daehyun before he nudged his shoulder. "It's just, I'm not sure if Youngjae told you about his last boyfriend and if he'd want me to tell you-"

"You mean Jaebum?" Daehyun asked, puzzling Himchan a bit but he gathered himself together and nodded. "I know, not in detail, but I know."

"Okay, because when that ended he was completely gone. He wouldn't eat properly nor leave the house or his room, sometimes he'd come into my bedroom by night because he kept thinking of that when he was alone in his own room. That bastard really ed him up, with all his secrecy and internal homophobia until he ended up cheating on Youngjae with another boy, how ed up is he."

Himchan hated talking about Jaebum, he knew that he probably overshared a little but he wanted Daehyun to know how bad Youngjae had felt and that Daehyun was one of the reasons why he was able to forget about it, maybe not completely, but somewhat.

"I've never met that guy but I promise you, I won't hurt him. I've had my own problems with my uality and coming out to the people around me but I'm okay with it, I'm not going to shame Youngjae for who he is." Daehyun said, his gaze drooping to the floor, Youngjae hadn't told him much about Jaebum but experiencing a relationship where Youngjae's partner humiliated him because of his uality to only end up cheating on him with another boy must have hurt terribly.

"I'm glad, Youngjae really deserves someone who's able to be there for him, someone who won't hide."

Daehyun smiled at Himchan's words, turning a little to look over his shoulder to where the other's were still sitting at their table. Youngjae was laughing over something Junhong had said, an obvious, satisfied smirk gracing Junhong's lips and Youngjae looked so beautiful, Daehyun could never think of how somebody was able to hurt him like that.

"Well, let's go back to the others, I bet Youngjae misses you already." Himchan said, smirking at how fast Daehyun's cheeks took on a deeper shade of red.

The two of them grabbed the bottles of soju they had ordered before and headed over, Daehyun sliding onto his seat next to Youngjae, mirroring the smile he received from the younger one. "Hey."

"Hi." Youngjae giggled, obviously a little tipsy already since he wasn't able to hold his liquor that well, Daehyun had learned. "Where were you, 'missed you." Youngjae mumbled the last part as he let himself lean onto Daehyun, none of the others noticing their little exchange of words.

 

 

 

It wasn't very odd to Daehyun that Shinhye immediately greeted Youngjae and Himchan with a big hug and interlocked her arm with Youngjae's as they were heading out to get lunch together. It was important for him that Shinhye got along with them since she meant a lot to him and was always there when he needed her, even if she can be embarrassing, telling Youngjae how she found out that Daehyun "Had this cute little crush on you since you're so pretty" she smiled, lightly pinching Youngjae's cheeks before going on about how shy Daehyun had been.

It was fine, because Youngjae was laughing at the dumb stories Shinhye apparently had to tell and Shinhye didn't feel like she had to hold back, which was just how Daehyun had hoped it would go, he would have felt bad if Shinhye would have actually disliked Youngjae, not that Daehyun thought that would ever happen but still, just in case. He was glad that his best friend got along so well with Youngjae, it was always extremely awkward when friends and your boyfriend didn't get along well. It was definitely something Daehyun was afraid of, that his relationship with Youngjae would influence his friendships negatively, it obviously would be difficult for them to have a very strong bond because Youngjae wouldn't always be around but Daehyun wanted them all to be happy despite knowing he wouldn't be able to please everyone.

Daehyun just didn't want to sneak in awkward little kisses in times where Youngjae and his friends were in one room together, he wanted Youngjae to laugh at whatever bull Junhong was saying and he wanted Shinhye to be comfortable around him, she had been pretty close to his last romantic partner and it made everything a lot easier.

To have them both linked by their arms and Shinhye telling Youngjae about how Daehyun was scared to message him on Instagram wasn't necessarily what he wanted them to talk about but also exactly what he wanted them to talk about. So Daehyun just smiled along, walking next to Himchan who would sometimes hold his gaze knowingly and he'd pat his shoulder as if reassuring Daehyun that he was doing everything right.

It felt pretty good to know that there was somebody who'd known Youngjae for nearly his entire life who was supporting him, it may sound ridiculous but Daehyun was nervous.

He felt goosebumps creep up his arms Saturday morning and even when meeting up with everyone in the morning to grab coffee together Daehyun couldn't get rid of the feeling that he'd just had to up today. There was no way that Daehyun would have that much luck regarding his love life, everything had been going too well, Youngjae was amazing, he laughed at Daehyun's stupid jokes and stories, he liked to snuggle up to him whenever and where ever which was a nice little extra, he was intelligent and funny, sensitive at times and a little feisty, Daehyun thought he would explode if he wouldn't be able to tell Youngjae how he felt before the younger would leave for Seoul again.

It was a crushing thought that Daehyun wouldn't be able to see Youngjae after this for some time but it was best to push that thought to the back of his mind as of right now, Junhong thought it would be a good way to start the day with, what he deemed as, really nice subway markets that had an urban ambience to it and that was where they were right now.

Himchan and Junhong were having a conversation about something fashion related, Daehyun couldn't follow quite much, Shinhye, Jongup and Yongguk were freely walking through the small shop they were in right now, leaving Daehyun and Youngjae to look around on their own.

Daehyun felt pretty bad that he was planning to just grab Youngjae and drag him away from what Junhong had planned since he seemed to enjoy strolling through various small shops and looking for some unique clothing articles but it could be that Daehyun's anxiety was talking right now and he wouldn't blow off their date on a whim.

It wasn't that Daehyun was afraid to ask somebody out, he'd done it during high school quite a few times but it had never felt that serious, reason why he was fidgeting with a gray pullover with a red collar that was hanging off from some clothing rack, trying to force himself to look interested in it but he knew he probably just looked like he was about to steal that pullover. He really wasn't planning to do that.

Youngjae was pretending that he didn't notice how Daehyun would stare for a little too long at him before grabbing onto the left sleeve of that pullover he's been holding onto for like five minutes by now, looking at it intensely. Something was off, Youngjae knew it and he wasn't sure what exactly to do until he saw Shinhye peaking over from time to time, Himchan doing something quite similar but just a lot less inconspicuous.

Youngjae wasn't sure what Daehyun had planned but he must have told both, Shinhye and Himchan, and Youngjae deemed it was something important to Daehyun so he decided to help him out a little.

"Daehyun," Youngjae waited for some form or response, trying to stifle his laughter the moment Daehyun's head snapped up, his eyes wide and an answer on his lips, "I can't find anything I like, wanna wait for the others outside?"

Not entirely knowing how to handle the situation, Daehyun just looked at Youngjae for a moment in disbelief, quickly snapping out of his thoughts with a little shake of his head as he answered. "Yeah, sure. I didn't see anything I like either."

Youngjae smiled widely at that, liking how Daehyun was so affected by his words, by now Youngjae really wanted to know what was going on but there was no way of finding out except for bribing the answer out of Daehyun if he had to.

Deciding to fluster Daehyun even more, Youngjae grabbed his hand as he found their way out of the store, not really bothering to notify Himchan or anyone else since they seemed to be let in on whatever Daehyun had planned.

Youngjae had never really liked not knowing what was going on especially if it was involving him and right now he felt his stomach twist, in a good way, as if butterflies were causing a hazard. Daehyun brought out emotions in him he wouldn't have thought he'd be feeling again any time soon, reactions that were unusual for him and Youngjae was comfortable with that. It was strange how he had such trust in Daehyun, believing he'd never do anything to upset him.

Which Youngjae knew had been a mistake when it came to somebody else, but Youngjae would never dare to compare those two, they were different people and although Daehyun most likely wasn't an angel on earth, Youngjae had a feeling that Daehyun was a person to learn out of his own mistakes and grow as a person. Something about him had Youngjae thinking that he was very loyal and it was a soothing feeling to know that there was a person who would stay by his side if they were facing difficulties, it might not seem as if Daehyun was the most grown up person ever but during the months Youngjae has known him he'd learned to see a very mature side of Daehyun.

But then there was the Daehyun that would blush as Youngjae takes his hand, and it was cute. A lot of things Daehyun did were cute and it was pretty upsetting that Youngjae couldn't do much about it without burying the importance of the gesture. Like just pecking his lips whenever he said something that made Youngjae laugh or like holding hands as they were shopping. Youngjae knew by now that he wanted more but he wasn't sure how to introduce the topic in a simple conversation of why Daehyun thought Hyuna was one of the most amazing solo artists right now (he did have a lot of good points).

They stepped outside of the shop, Youngjae deciding he wouldn't let go of Daehyun's hand until he told him why he was acting so out of it, Daehyun was way past feeling shy around him during normal situations by now.

"Okay, tell me." Youngjae stated as he faced Daehyun, their hands swaying a little in between them.

Youngjae's words had caught Daehyun off guard and he panicked a little, what if Himchan had rat him out, what if Youngjae knew, it really wasn't possible but that would fulfill Daehyun's expectations of something going wrong today. He did have to play it off though, Daehyun wasn't completely stupid. He tried to muster up his most perplex face before asking.

"What?" Daehyun thought he'd done pretty good. 

"Well, I know that something's up, I'm just not sure what exactly." Youngjae said, tilting his head to the side as he scrutinized Daehyun's facial expressions as well as how Daehyun tried to slowly escape from Youngjae's grasp on his hand. "And I know that you told Himchan, he's pretty bad at hiding stuff."

"And? Why do you think I have anything to do with it?" Daehyun knew that that was a pretty dumb question considering that Youngjae had sensed that he was planning to do something but if Daehyun were to tell Youngjae now, would the younger really agree to his plan and not just laugh at him? Daehyun felt as if he was thrown into asking Youngjae out and that he had to do it immediately or the entire date he's planned wasn't going to happen.

"Because you're nervous." Youngjae voiced out loud, a hint of worry behind his words as he held Daehyun's hand in a tighter but gentle grip, he noticed how Daehyun's irises shifted from side to side.

There usually wasn't much to asking someone out for Daehyun, he knew his charming points and he knew that girls liked his dumb jokes and his thick lips. Shinhye did tell him the gossip that's going around between the girls in college. But asking somebody out who you've been crushing on for a longer time was so much worse than casually asking someone for coffee, and Daehyun didn't like the feeling of being nervous around Youngjae. It wasn't a bad feeling, it was unfamiliar and with everything that's been happening Daehyun had taken a liking to how used he's grown to Youngjae.

So the only reasonable solution to get out of his situation was to tell Youngjae, Daehyun looked at Youngjae again and took in a gentle, but deep breath.

"I want to take you out on a date, a real one. And I want to do all the things you do on a date, I want to hold your hand and take you to lots of places and pay for dinner."

Daehyun swallowed, hoping he hadn't said too much because he knew that sometimes he forgot to think over what he wants to say and usually it doesn't end that well.

He tried to meet Youngjae's eyes and he tried to figure out what the blush over his cheeks meant and right then, Youngjae looked up from the floor, his lips in a weird twist of a smile and the words he wanted to say but couldn't.

"That was what this was about all the time?" Youngjae asked, letting go of Daehyun's hands to hide his face behind his own.

Despite Youngjae's words which could mean anything, Daehyun couldn't help the lopsided smile that graced his lips because he knew Youngjae, the way he said certain things and how he looked like when he was embarrassed and shy and Daehyun knew that Youngjae felt the same.

"Yeah, that was what it was about." Daehyun grinned as he reached for Youngjae's wrists to remove them from his face because he wanted to look at him, right now, in the loud and humid alley of an underground station, Daehyun could look at Youngjae pretty face for hours without doing anything if he was honest.

"Stop it." Youngjae said when he felt Daehyun pulling his hands away, he turned around only to have Daehyun walk around to face him, their hands entangled again.

"No, you look cute when you're embarrassed."

"I'm not-" Youngjae sighed as Daehyun stepped closer, that stupid grin of his sitting over his lips again. "I'm not embarrassed."

"You are." Daehyun said, teasing tone melting into his warm voice.

Youngjae looked up at Daehyun, meeting those caramel eyes that held so much adoration in them it was difficult to hold the eye contact. Youngjae huffed. "Fine, maybe I am. I just didn't expect you to say this."

"What can I say? I am full of surprises." Daehyun laughed as Youngjae rolled his eyes at him.

"You sure are, Jung Daehyun."

"Well, I'm sure you're going to be thrilled to hear what I've planned." Daehyun said as he took Youngjae's hand and started walking to where the subways ran.

"You planned what to do? Like, everything?" Youngjae asked, genuinely surprised that Daehyun had put so much effort into it. It wasn't that Youngjae thought Daehyun would be a bad date, not at all, but he did think that Daehyun would maybe just order chicken for them to eat on his bed and then maybe go out for a bit but not that the older would seriously think about activities that Youngjae would enjoy.

"Yeah, course I did, do you wanna hear it?"

Youngjae nodded, looking up at Daehyun as they took a seat on one of the benches whilst waiting for their subway.

"There's a lot of thought behind it okay, it's just a lot of small things like going to a LOTTE department store because I know you like window shopping, and getting coffee somewhere and then we could watch this great new movie that came out and we can get a late lunch at this Mexican Restaurant. And there's a really pretty park, and I know it's nothing special but I didn't want to make it special because I want this to feel like we can go on dates any time and I want to forget that you're going to Seoul tomorrow."

Daehyun didn't have time to think about what he had just said because Youngjae suddenly wrapped his arms around Daehyun's waist and hid his face in the crevice between Daehyun's neck and shoulder. Youngjae mumbled a quiet "Thank you.", unable to lift his head and he'd rather have Daehyun this close right now, his scent so warm and save.

Daehyun wanted to ask why Youngjae would thank him but dismissed it because he knew how Youngjae was feeling and it was okay, he was feeling the same. The same dread of tomorrow and of saying goodbye and the same sparks that prickled on his skin.

"Let's go, LOTTE is on the other side of the river." Daehyun stood up and held his hand for Youngjae to grab, despite the looks they were given from several people, it wasn't important.

The subway ride was quiet, fingers playing a game of hide and seek and small smiles exchanged as the automatic voice of the lady announcing every station filled the silent buzzing and hushed conversations.

Once they arrived at their station, Daehyun lead Youngjae to LOTTE and even if they both knew that this was official now, neither could help but feel like they've always been doing this, going on dates as they held hands and told each other about their professors and classes and how Himchan and Shinhye are both pretty bad at hiding a secret. The only difference was that now Daehyun could freely tell Youngjae that he looked absolutely gorgeous with that beret on, he could wipe away the cream on Youngjae's lips comfortably as they sat in the corner of a cozy Cafe and he could hold his hand during the movie they watched but didn't really pay attention to because Youngjae's hand was so soft and warm and Youngjae didn't feel the need to hold himself back as he kissed Daehyun's cheek after they left the Mexican Restaurant and it was much later than Daehyun had expected it to be and he really didn't want to miss the sunset.

"You know, it just feels like they're squeezing everything out of the story, making so many movies even though the first six were totally sufficient."

Daehyun hummed, only listening to Youngjae partly, hoping that they wouldn't miss how the sun set behind the city skyline and the river and how the lights on the bridges would flicker on.

Youngjae stopped talking when he noticed Daehyun wasn't listening anymore, fearing he bored him. "Daehyun? Is something wrong?"

"Huh? No, I'm just really full, we should take a walk." It was a rushed answer but Youngjae didn't get to ask any further as Daehyun started to walk faster, their hands still intertwined causing Youngjae to hurry after Daehyun.

"Maybe because you ate twice as much as I did." Youngjae giggled as they stood at a traffic light, probably somewhere close to the river since there were business men and women hurrying to the subway station to leave the inner city and return home.

"It was good." Daehyun said as he smiled down at Youngjae, their small height difference making his heart beat faster.

"Where are we even going right now?" Youngjae asked after the light turned green and Daehyun started walking again.

"I told you."

"You said some park, but why?"

"You're gonna like it, I promise."

Daehyun had texted Shinhye and Himchan earlier to get a blanket and he was relieved to see them quickly getting up as they noticed Daehyun and Youngjae approaching. Not wanting Youngjae to see the other two, Daehyun made a halt to stop Youngjae and look at him. "We're here."

"I noticed, what are you hiding again?" Youngjae laughed, looking at Daehyun with a sweet smile on his lips.

"Nothing, just, come here and watch the sunset with me." Daehyun said, taking Youngjae's hand before leading him to the blanket that was set on the grass close to the river bank.

"You're sweet but it's pretty cloudy today." Youngjae said with an airy laugh, enduring the pain as Daehyun pinched his cheeks.

"Shut up and let me cuddle you, I tried to be romantic here."

Youngjae did as he was told and sat down next to Daehyun, resting his head on Daehyun's shoulder after a while of watching the sun move behind one cloud to another.

They didn't say much as the sun slowly disappeared behind the skyscrapers towering over the river, Daehyun only held Youngjae close, wanting to feel the warmth of him and his breath tickling his jawline.

It wasn't until the sky turned darker, the lights in bureaus drowning the other side of the river in a golden hue before shimmers of red, yellow and blue drenched the glistening water beneath the bridges.

"Daehyun."

Daehyun could hear Youngjae whisper quietly after a small gasp escaped his lips, holding him closer as he hummed into his ear.

"It's-" Before Youngjae could say anything, Daehyun gently nudged Youngjae's head from his shoulder before cupping his face in between his palms. Youngjae could feel the heat rise to his cheeks, the look on Daehyun's face so tender and fond it was making his heart race.

"Beautiful."

Slowly, inch by inch their faces closed in on the other, lips softly touching like a feather ghosting over skin. Youngjae's eyes were closed and he felt Daehyun's hand on his waist, pulling him closer, grasping tightly as if afraid of losing him. But they weren't thinking of that right now, Daehyun thought about the small little gasps that left Youngjae's mouth as their lips moved together, Youngjae's finger's on his nape, pulling closer as he opened his mouth to let Daehyun's tongue in. Small movements, warm breath mingling together even as they parted, their eyes still closed until Youngjae felt a drop of water on his hand, his neck and soon he was looking at Daehyun, a big smile on both of their faces as the rain started to pour down on them.

"C'mon, let's go."

Daehyun took Youngjae's hand and helped him up before grabbing the blanket and running alongside the river, their hair and clothes wet and their hands in a tight clasp.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I miss you too." Youngjae said as he was sitting on the sofa in his living room, looking at Daehyun clutching onto his pillow tighter on the screen of his phone. "Himchan says I have to stop face timing my boyfriend and help him cook dinner."

"No, don't go yet, I haven't looked at you enough." Daehyun said with a pout, clearly, very upset.

"We've been talking for two hours and I literally visited you like four weeks ago."

A loud groan coming from Youngjae's kitchen interrupted them, Himchan walking into the living room with an apron on and the words "Yes and now please help me in the kitchen Youngjae, we all get it, you two miss each other."

"Okay, okay, bye Daehyun, this old man needs me."

"Mh, see you tomorrow, baby." Daehyun said and before Youngjae could even ask what he meant with that,

 

 

 

not knowing he would find Daehyun on the doorstep of his apartment the next morning, a big grin on his lips and teasing tone in his voice. "Shall we continue where we left of?"

Without really processing what was going on, Daehyun had already pulled Youngjae into a kiss, one where the rain wouldn't interrupt them and Youngjae gladly welcomed the strong arms wrapped around his body as they stumbled into the apartment.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________

guys............it's over, I grew way too attached to this fic and am insanely sad that it's actually over now

thanks so much to all of you, I hope you'll like this^^ tell me what you think♡

also I'll tweet a poll tomorrow for u guys to choose which story you wanna read next, twitter is @hyunniesgirl