three

pretending

i slowly made my way to the usual table for lunch. i could already see yerim, so i guess jungkook was getting their lunch. 

 
"oh, minah! hey!" she asked as soon as she saw me. 
 
i set my plate down in front of her before taking a seat. 
 
"hey," i said quietly. i knew what she was going to ask next. 
 
"where's mingyu?"
 
"um, we're in different classes, he said he'll meet up with us," i really need to stop lying oh my god.  he probably forgot all about this morning. and why would he come sit with us? he's always with his friend wonwoo and he doesn't even talk to jungkook. 
 
"here you go," a tray a food was placed in front of yerim. jungkook came from behind and took a seat next to her. 
 
"thank you!" she said, smiling brightly at him. 
 
"hey minah," jungkook said, nodding at me. 
 
"hey."
 
"so, mingyu?" he asked. he started chuckling. "that's so weird, who would've thought!"
 
"i know right! i knew they always saw each other, but they're dating? i saw them together this morning, it was so cute! he's like a giant compared to her!" yerim told jungkook. 
 
"i took band with them last year, and i always had a feeling that mingyu kind of liked you. you know, he would always walk with you to class, he would even wait for you!" jungkook told me, "he never did that with wonwoo, and you know they're always stuck together."
 
my face was on fire. why is jungkook telling me this?? it's all lies i'm a horrible person i made all of this up and jungkook's telling me this now. what if mingyu did like me?? would he be cool with all of this. who would be "cool" with all of this??? what if mingyu likes me??
 
"that's so cute!" yerim exclaimed. "i'm so glad you two are together!"
 
"oh look, there he is now," jungkook smiled. 
 
my eyes widened. i'm not ready oh my god what am i going to do. 
 
i felt someone sit next to me, but i didn't turn my head. 
 
"hey guys," a deep voice spoke, "hey minah."
 
i turned towards him to nod but quickly turned back. he was smiling at me. 
 
"aw look she's blushing!" yerim told jungkook. 
 
my eyes widened. mingyu didn't know, he'll think i like him or something i do oh my god. 
 
mingyu chuckled before turning towards me. he bent his head down to look at my face. 
 
"cute," he said when he saw my red face. 
 
i leaned back in my seat, trying to save myself from blushing even more. 
 
"they're so cute togeth-" jungkook stared. 
 
"mingyu! can i please speak with you for a moment?" i ask loudly, standing up. everyone at the table looked at me, my face turned even redder. 
 
"uh, sure," he said, standing up from his chair. 
 
i began walking to an empty table far away from yerim and jungkook. mingyu stopped right in front of me. 
 
"is something wrong?" he asked, sounding concerned. 
 
"um, remember this morning?" i asked quietly. 
 
"oh, yeah!" mingyu laughed. "you were supposed to tell me something. what was it?"
 
"uh, do you know why yerim asked you to sit with us?"
 
"not really, but i don't mind. i'm cool with jungkook and you're pretty cool," he said. 
 
'pretty cool' yeah that's about to change. 
 
"uh, yeah, so i um," i tried starting. 
 
"is everything okay?" he asked. 
 
not really. 
 
"so you know how yerim and jungkook are dating, right?"
 
he nodded. 
 
"well she's been on this thing, um, she's been wanting me to date, like you know, me get a boyfriend," i looked down at the floor. "i know you're probably thinking 'what does this have to do with me?' well..."
 
i took a deep breath. 
 
"i lied. well i didn't mean to... it kinda just slipped... so um, yeah, both jungkook and yerim think you're my boyfriend?" i didn't want to see his reaction. 
 
i jumped slightly when i heard him start laughing. why is he laughing???
 
"um? so yeah that's that. if you want, i can totally tell them i was lying, even though that'll hurt my pride and embarrass me until i die, but if you want, i can. this is kinda weird, no this is really weird, not 'kinda'. you barely know me, and i told my friend we were dating, that's weird," i rambled on. i started getting nervous when i saw he wasn't answering. "uh yeah i'll just go tell them now, you can go sit with your friends, sorry for wasting your time, i'm really sorr-"
 
"minah, oh my god," mingyu chuckled again, cutting me off. "it's cool, really. this is kind of weird, but it's funny. why did you even say me?"
 
"because i had just talked to you, so your name was the first i thought of," i blushed. 
 
he laughed again, "it's cool though, really. your funny and really cute, i wouldn't mind pretending to be your boyfriend for awhile," he winked. 
 
my eyes widened slightly, "uh, thanks?"
 
"well let's head back, don't want to keep them waiting," mingyu said, tightly grabbing your hand and intertwining your fingers. 
 
my face couldn't get any redder. 
 
"let's make this convincing, okay?" he winked down at me again. 
 
ok calm down calm down ok ok ok it's cool it's all good
 
we began making our way back to the table, still holding hands tightly. i was freaking out, why did he take this so lightly??? why was he so cool about it??? 
 
yerim's face lit up whenever she saw mingyu's hand tightly holding mine. she slapped jungkook in the arm and pointed at us, probably talking his ear off. 
 
"sorry about that," mingyu said, letting me sit first before he took a seat. 
 
"no, it's cool," jungkook told him. 
 
yerim's smiled never dropped as she stared at us.  
 
"i still can't believe it! jungkook, is this real?" she giggled. "minah has a boyfriend! they're so cute together!"
 
my face burned as mingyu smiled brightly. 
 
"how long have you two been dating? minah never told me anything!" yerim said. 
 
"we actually started dating day before yesterday. that's probably why minah didn't say anything," mingyu said calmly. 
 
"aw! you two are so cute!" yerim said again. "minah, i always knew you had something for mingyu!"
 
my eyes widened. oh no gotta go. 
 
"umm, haha, so anyways," i awkwardly laughed.  
 
"really?" mingyu said. he smiled down at me. "you had a thing for me?"
 
"ummm?" my face could not get any redder. 
 
"totally! she always talked about you! how you walk her to class and all that! pretty cute," yerim said. 
 
oh my god please shut up yeri!!!
 
mingyu turned to me, "if it makes you feel any better, i always had a thing for you, too."
 
what the hell. mingyu??? are you for real i hope he is we're supposed to be pretending you can't just say something like that oh my-
 
"so cute! oh my god," yerim squealed. 
 
i lowered my head down, what do i even do now?
 
mingyu's grip on my hand tightened. i looked up to see him smiling that cute smile omg down at me. 
 
o lord
 
 
//
 
lmao i haven't updated in so long rip sorry !!! i really have no excuse lmao but im gonna try to start updating often!!