chapter 2

The boy who is listless

When eating lunch together nothing much happens usually. Kyungsoo will slum against kai’s body, melting into his side while closing his eyes, yawning. He converses with Kai some before his brain shuts down and he falls asleep even before their friends arrive.

Today the five of them sit in the backyard; at kyungsoo’s favorite place under the willow close to the small pond. They pick nick outside in the summer a lot because kyungsoo enjoys the sun very much und the breeze of the wind in his hair. Kai can’t help but stare at the beautiful older, wrapping his free arm around kyungsoo’s waist to steady him while sleeping peacefully.

“Does anyone know where Baekhyun and Sehun are?”, Minseok asks nonchalantly before he takes a big bite of his sandwich.

“Probably in the janitor closet.”, Chanyeol mutters, grunting when kai pinches his side. “What?”

Frowning, Kai mentions with his head to innocent kyungsoo which only makes Chanyeol roll his eyes at him. Seriously?, he mouths before eating a cheery tomato with so much sass that kai shakes his head at the older in fascination.

“What are they doing there? Cleaning?”, Yixing wonders out loud, sitting up from his position on kyungsoo’s lap to stare at the others.

“Uh… yeah… cleaning.”, Chanyeol helpfully comments before quickly changing the topic. It’s always awkward to explain his previous ual innuendos to his naïve and innocent friends.

“Why did you let kyungsoo come so late to class again? You know that he goes here, why don’t you stop him Kai?”

“I also wondered that.”, Minseok says while patting Yixing on the hand for attempting to steal something from his lunch box. Minseok looks with stingy eyes to the younger which doesn’t stop the Chinese exchange student from his mission to get one of Minseok’s self made eggrolls.

“Kyungsoo-hyung is his own person. I am just being a f-friend and pick him up. I don’t want his parents to be mad at him; he wouldn’t be able to h-help me out in math when he is under house arrest.” Kai blushed while stuttering his way through an answer. It isn’t a lie but he has difficulties to express his real intentions to his friends. They would about it and probably tell kyungsoo which kai definitely doesn’t want. He wants their friendship to stay like this. Relaying on and trusting in each other with all they got without any pressure.

“Kyungsoo is good in math? I didn’t know that?”, Yixing says confused.  "I thought he was always like this; sleeping.”

“Kyungsoo is perfectly fine in keeping his school grades at the average.” Kai protest, pouting and frowning at the same time while defending his best friend’s pride. 

Yixing laughs at his facial expression, awakening kyungsoo from his dreamless sleep.

“Why are you all so loud?”, he mumbles, rubbing the sleep out of his eye before sitting upright with a questioning gaze. His beautiful plump lips form into a pout, causing kyungsoo to look cuter with his puffy eyes and red cheeks. The older looks like a child, slumping into his position with his legs spread out of him.

“We were just talking about your math skills.”, Chanyeol informs him with chuckle.

“What math skills?”, Kyungsoo ask flabbergasted with wide eyes.

“THERE YOU ALL ARE! WE WERE SEARCHING EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!”, Baekhyun’s screams from the top of his lungs when he jogs with Sehun by his side to the groups of friends.

“And where do you come from? You look pretty disheveled Baek. Had fun?”

“Hahaha. Sehun and I had to stay back because Mr. Wu had to yell at us again.”

“What was it this time?”

“For being too unhealthy and eating the cafeteria sweet bread.”, Sehun quotes, before falling onto Kai’s other side and looking down at the others lunch for today which is said bread. Sehun pushes a protesting Chanyeol out of the way so he has enough room for his lanky body and grins sheepishly at the elder in apology who only grunts knowingly. Everyone knows that Sehun wants to be as close to kyungsoo as he can get. With his obvious crush for the sophomore on display. Sehun looks over at kyungsoo with a lovely smile, his former annoying facial expression completely gone.

“Hyung did you make me lunch this time how you promises?”, he blinks several time with his eyes, trying to act cute but kai only feels like cutting them out. Why is the other always trying to take his Hyung away from him? Sehun is so obvious and annoying. Kai who still has his arm wrapped around kyungsoo, tightens his grip just a fraction more, showing his possessive side to the bleached blond boy next to him. Sehun notices and there is jealousy glinting in his eyes when they make eye contact for a breathless moment. Right when Sehun opens his mouth to curse kai’s entire existence, kyungsoo wiggles his way out of kai’s embrace to face Sehun more comfortably.

“I was too exhausted yesterday after doing homework that I forgot. Sorry Sehunnie. Maybe next time.”, and his smile shines so bright that kai has to close his eyes for a second. And it isn’t directed at him, sighing in defeat, kai grabs his unhealthy lunch, munching on it in satisfaction. Sehun won’t get any food from kyungsoo ever before Kai hasn’t. The latter would take care of that.


a/n: thank you for commenting on the first, non-saying chapter. i hope you will enjoy these little drabbles some. it for fun ^.^