chapter 3

The boy who is listless

kyungsoo is sleeping when jongin knocks on his door. the younger lets himself in when he hears the older snoring softly.

"hey hyung, i brought you some sweets.", kai whispers while he goes slowly over to the olders bed, to sit on it carefully. like always, the elder is sleeping peacefully, curled into himself and drooling on his pillow. it is only 6 p.m but still the other one is being his lazy self. instead of doing his homework, kyungsoo probably fell into bed in exhaustion after his choir activities.

it is a wonder that he even got into the club, with how many times he overslept and how many times he missed practice because of it. the other has an angelic voice and his solo's always bring tears to kai's eyes but every activity seems to make kyungsoo tired.

smiling down at the older, kai over kyungsoo's back. he doesn't want to wake the other up but he needs his help for the upcomming math test. he wasn't joking when he said that kyungsoo was helping him out a lot. kyungsoo was a genius after all and even if he was tired and lazy, his grades were more than average. yixing did kind of underestimated kyungsoo's skills. however, kai knew better. his hyung was an awesome person. beautiful, sweet, caring, loving and even if he was lazy for some people, kai thought that kyungsoo was doing his best possible.

kai did question kyungsoo's sleepiness many times. but he never trusted himself to ask the other personally. after knowing the other since middle school and calling himself kyungsoo best friend for one year, kai finally asked the elders parents about it a few days prior and they told him that kyungsoo had a illness called narcolepsy. he could be fit and healthy physically but would be tired and tardy from time to time in the most ridiculous occasions and locations. of course other students bullied the elder because of that and said that he was only listless and lazy. he was just playing around to be let off homework or other stuff. only kai knew the real kyungsoo and he also knew that the elder had been sad about the accusations.

kyungsoo's teachers knew about the sickness but because of the rarety of someone having this kind of illness, no one wanted to believe that kyungsoo was one of the unlucky ones. 

it was ridiculous. kai hated it and he swore to defend his hyung in all possible ways. he would stand by his side, help him overcome all the drama and be there for him if the bullying would start once again. this school year, almost everyone tried to avoide kyungsoo. maybe it was because of the incident from last year. kai wasn't proud of it but he did need to do something back there. he didnt want to hit that senior but he needed him to shut up, so kyungsoo could have a peaceful break without that guy following him around with his crew.

laughing quietly to himself, kai remembers how shocked that guy had been, and how kyungsoo was thankful but also worried about him after that. he did hurt himself in the process of protecting kyungsoo one too many times. the older didn't like that at all but kai didn't care. for kyungsoo he would do anything.

"hyung?", kai asked softly, caressing the elders hair and smiling down at him from his position. kyungsoo yawned in response and whipped the drool from his mouth when he opened his eyes and made out his jongin.

"you are already here? this time i put an alarm so i wouldn't oversleep. i swear.", the older complained a bit before sitting up and stretching.

"i am just a bit earlier than usual, hyung. don't worry. i am glad you made an effort for me."

"i always try for you jongin. you know that. your my favorite dongsaeng.", kyungsoo smiled at the younger who grinned brightly back at him. the words hurt just a bit. kai didn't want to be friendzoned forever by his favorite person but for now he was glad that he was so important for the other. he would confess his love for his best friend soon enough. he will do it in a romantic and special way. jongin swore himself, that he would do it soon, before sehun would get the change to officially confess his feelings. however, until now, kai didn't have the courage to do it. he loved the older so much but he was afraid; afraid of rejection and afraid to loose the other's friendship. right now he was happy with the situation. right now he would be able to hold on a little bit longer on this moment, on these feelings. he didn't want the other to decide anyways.

the both boys chuckled when kyungsoo's mother came into the room and put some cookies on the desk. "here is some milk for you jongin and i made some coffee for you darling. drink some before you start to do the math homework.", his mother reminded kyungsoo before she left the boys alone once again.

"your mom is so nice, like always. the coookies are awesome."

"she didn't bake them herself. she brought them at the convinent store jongin."

"oh really?" jongin startled, shocked about that realization.

"she always does that. she doesn't bake at all. it is mostly me who cooks in this household", kyungsoo smirked while taking a cookie for himself.

"then i acknowledged her non existence baking skills all this time and she didn't say a thing?"

"she probably liked it a lot, to finally get a compliment for her cooking, even through she didn't do anything.", kyungsoo explained while laughing.

"oh my god.", kai chuckles, watching kyungsoo brighten up like the sun. he loved these moments. the moments where kyungsoo was fully conscious and put his attention to him only. he liked it so much that he couldn't stop smiling the whole time they did the homework for his most hateful subject, math and practiced for his upcomming test.