When He First Met Her (Irene of Red Velvet)

Girl Group Scenarios

It was a lovely morning at the park. Everything seemed to be beautiful that day. The flowers blooming radiantly as the sun shone across the morning sky, creating a magnificent blend of the color blue and orange. It was certainly a treat for visitors of the park. But for him, there was another view, which he thought won over the skies; the girl.

She doesn't do much really. She just sits there and reads and drink and read in an apparently endless cycle. She's always there under the huge oak tree, looking more like an angel than anybody deserves. The way her wide, brown eyes shone whenever she looked up from her book and the way her equally brown blew as the wind breezed. She was indeed very pretty, no one in his/her right mind would say otherwise. But for him, she was an angel. He didn't know what was so pretty about her, she just is. 

If someone said he was spying on her, he wouldn't deny it. At first, he came to the park to take pictures of the view. But nowadays, he comes to the park merely to see her. He hasn't spoken to her yet, of course. He was much to insecure and hesitant. It's not he's particularly experienced with girls, he only had 1 ex girlfriend, and that was during middle school. Plus, she is way out of his league, like, he didn't think he was repulsive yet he doesn't really attract girls (or so he thought). 

His staring might have been a little too obvious this time, as he saw the girl tense a bit, before lifting her head and looked at him questionably, as if she was asking if he had a problem. He immediately looked away, eyes wide and face red. He had never been so embarrassed in his life.

Much to his horror, the girl stood up, holding her book defensively as if to use it as a weapon, and walked towards him. Her lips were pursed, her eyebrows were furrowed but her eyes showed that she wasn't mad, merely curious. She stopped at about ten feet away from, keeping a reasonable distance.

"Hey...so I've seen you, well, caught you staring at me a couple times." His eyes widened even more and his mouth opened a bit. "Are you okay? Or did I unknowingly did something wrong because I would hate to push away someone as cute as you." Yeah... it took her a few seconds for her to process her words, gasping loudly and her hand went to as she realized her indirect flirting.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry! It slipped, I didn't mean to say you were cute- not that you're not, no, you're gorgeous- wait what!?" she shook her head rapidly. "You know what? Just forget, sorry I disturbed you. Bye!" She started to walk away quickly, forgetting her original intentions.

And he would've been crazy to let her go just like that.

"Wait!" He quickly ran after her (a bit unnecessary really, since they weren't exactly sitting a mile away) and tugged at her arm, causing her to turn. It was a rather dramatic scene really. "Don't go, I-I actually think you're very pretty, too." He started to feel embarrassed, his voice getting slower as he went on and he started to be very interested in his fingernails all of a sudden.

The girl's eyes widened, pleasantly surprised. "Oh my god really?" He nodded. She started to smile but then it recoiled. "Wait, why?" She didn't give him enough to explain as she immediately said "Whatever lets start over, shall we? My name's Irene-" she held out a hand. "-nice to meet you. What's your name?"

"M/N." He still couldn't believe this was happening, and was expecting to wake up in any minute. But he surprisingly didn't.

Irene grinned cutely at him. "M/N huh? I like that name." It's a bit too easy to make him blush, really. "Well, I hope we'll be acquaintances or maybe good friends." He felt the double meaning of her statement, and much to his surprise, he just smiled dumbly as she walked away, looking at her beautiful figure.