"Sleepless" Youngjae

Got7 Drabbles/Stories

Sleepless night with a much needed comfort.

670 words

G Rating

Genre: Fluff

Pairing: Choi Youngjae/Reader, likely a bit OOC Youngjae.

Your eyes opened to look at the clock tiredly, once again, another night of being unable to sleep.

The bed creaked when you slowly arose to walk over to the desk in the corner of the room and turn the laptop on. You squinted from the brightness that flashed until eyes adjusted to the sight. Another night of staying awake until fell asleep exhausted or took an herbal sleeping aid to fall into a deep dreamless sleep.

It wasn’t exactly healthy and yet it wasn’t sleeping pills either, that made you drowsy throughout the next day when taken. It was a mixture of stress, thinking of too many things, and just general loneliness. People say that it’ll pass, you’ll feel better when you find someone, but that’s a difficult task when you’re unsure of what you’re even looking for.

Will you be by my side, by my side
Can I hold your hand? Don’t be shy
Today we come together

A tiny icon in the corner flashes with ‘1’ appearing signaling you had a message. There’s an ache in your chest of a tiny slim hope it was from the someone you needed in that moment. You clicked it with a small amount of tension vanishing when you recognized the name.

‘Choi Youngjae’.

[11:00 PM] Choi Youngjae: Sleep well.

Your lower lip is bit worriedly unsure if you should reply, needlessly worrying over it until you gather the courage to type a message out.

[2:30 AM] You: I can’t sleep.

[2:30 AM] Choi Youngjae: The usual?

[2:31 AM] You: Yes. I don’t want to rely on the aid but…it helps when you’re here.

There was immediate regret after sending the message, even though you can edit it afterwards. It was just more needlessly worrying that often kept you up at night, were you a bother, did you annoy him, were you suffocating?

[2:34 AM] Choi Youngjae: I’m coming over.

You didn’t respond, mutely staring at the screen.

It didn’t feel like time passed with the blank stare aimed toward screen until the door to your apartment opened and shut in that order. The door to your room opened revealing Youngjae with messed up hair, a tired but bright smile on his features.

“Hey.” You started and stood ungracefully, only to be engulfed in his arms. There are no words spoken when he helps you onto the bed to hold you close.

“Hello there. My name is Choi Youngjae.” He joked with a deep voice as if he just woke up.

You shivered and burrowed face into his neck taking in his scent after letting out a soft laugh, tension disappearing while the minutes went by. His hand gently your back in the darkness of the room but it was comforting and you felt safe.

Today you are especially lovely to me
Tonight is our Just one chance
Can I hug you? Don’t be afraid
Today we come together

“Thank you.” You breathed against his neck. It was such a simple comfort that made you feel guilty for mentioning it. But sleepless night was something he understood and you both understood that this is action would be done for each other many times in a year. At least you knew his schedule, most of the time, to where he wouldn’t miss anything.

He pressed a kiss to your forehead and held you closer. “You’d do the same for me if I asked.” He replied. He shifted his body to get comfortable under the covers, a natural soft caring smile worn as he listened to your breathing that slowly evened out to show you were asleep.

Youngjae followed into dreamland a few beats later and still held you tight in his grip even in his dreams.

A simple comfort for an almost simple pair because it helped battle the loneliness that swelled in both hearts and minds, until it’s pushed to the back section – sated now until the need arose again.

I will cherish you baby
I will make memories everyday